General Discussion

Sunterra timeshares

Nov 21, 2007

mike1536

judithk29 Does any one have information about sunterra timeshares? Is this a good time share to buy or sell? I am interested knowing about Royal Dunes in Hilton Head SC.

MaryLou E.

Last edited by maryloue2 on Nov 23, 2007 04:41 PM

Nov 21, 2007

Please re-read my post. And then read your responding post. Obviously SOMEONE doesn't understand what they read well.

Many people have this same difficulty and that's why others on this site try to clear things up for them and express truths, like options, costs, underlying details and results that THE SALESPERSON wouldn't share, would try to argue or confuse.

I did not slam any product. In fact, I shared no information about that specific product so I wonder how you came to believe I don't know anything or that I was somehow wrong.

Again, unless I owned a real dog of a timeshare, I would not buy into this "upgrade" for more than $2995. Too many more economical alternatives to choose from. Also there are some really great timeshares on E-Bay to be had for $2995 that are great traders and if you prefer to stay in a Sunterra, you could always trade into for $150.

Also, I do own timeshares despite your accusation that I do not. And one of those timeshares is Polo Towers, which has been managed by Diamond all along. Just as you will not start going into the benefits, You will appreciate that I will not start about Diamond as a management company.

Orville F.

Last edited by orvillef2 on Nov 21, 2007 11:17 PM

Nov 23, 2007

mike1536 ========= I'm an II member and an RCI points memeber, I don't feel either system is any more "complicated" than booking exchanges through the "Sunterra" system. The only feature I do not like (and do not use) is RCI's deposit first system. Last year I went to a Sunterra presentation and their point system peaked my interest, but I wasn't about to spend over $14000 and several hundred dollars/year maintenance fees for the number of points that were being alloted. Have a great weekend[/Q

MaryLou E.
Nov 23, 2007

orvillef2 wrote:
Please re-read my post. And then read your responding post. Obviously SOMEONE doesn't understand what they read well.

Many people have this same difficulty and that's why others on this site try to clear things up for them and express truths, like options, costs, underlying details and results that THE SALESPERSON wouldn't share, would try to argue or confuse.

I did not slam any product. In fact, I shared no information about that specific product so I wonder how you came to believe I don't know anything or that I was somehow wrong.

Again, unless I owned a real dog of a timeshare, I would not buy into this "upgrade" for more than $2995. Too many more economical alternatives to choose from. Also there are some really great timeshares on E-Bay to be had for $2995 that are great traders and if you prefer to stay in a Sunterra, you could always trade into for $150.

Also, I do own timeshares despite your accusation that I do not. And one of those timeshares is Polo Towers, which has been managed by Diamond all along. Just as you will not start going into the benefits, You will appreciate that I will not start about Diamond as a management company.

It was your statement that if it cost more than $2995.00 that you would not purchase and you are entitled to your feelings just like anyone else is. If I took what you said the wrong way, then I apologize as I am not here to battle with anyone.

Since you own at Polo Towers then you will most like be offered to convert your week into to points for a nominal fee. If you don't feel that it is worth it then don't do it and keep exchanging the way you have been because you are obviously happy with what you are doing.

MaryLou E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.