Coconut Bay Resort

Phone call solicitation for weeks 50,51,52 to sell Aug.22,2007

Aug 22, 2007

Has anyone who owns the above weeks been solicited to sell their timeshare by George Leon who says he is from Coconut Bay? regarding - someone in the market for said weeks. He asks for $799.00 up front costs to cover transfer fees. He says you will be getting $16,000 for the sale.

Does anyone have a success story dealing with George?

Janis O.
Jan 10, 2008

janiso5 wrote:
Has anyone who owns the above weeks been solicited to sell their timeshare by George Leon who says he is from Coconut Bay? regarding - someone in the market for said weeks. He asks for $799.00 up front costs to cover transfer fees. He says you will be getting $16,000 for the sale.

Hello I also received calls from George Leon, but he said he was from a IMP Properties marketing company with a similar story. Did you list with them?

Garry S.
Jan 20, 2008

We are putting a case together, if you have fallen for his pitch and have paid money to the closing company which is really a marketing company, please contact me as we need more stories/contacts to take to the authorities. Thanks. fahedrick@yahoo.com

Francesca H.
Feb 26, 2008

francesca17 wrote:
We are putting a case together, if you have fallen for his pitch and have paid money to the closing company which is really a marketing company, please contact me as we need more stories/contacts to take to the authorities. Thanks. fahedrick@yahoo.com
George Leone is irreputable in any capacity. He promised my sister that he would sell her 1 br unit with no problem if she would upgrade to a 2 br to accomodate her growing family. She bought the two br, and never heard another thing from him regarding the sale of the 1 br she already owned. After numerous frustrating phone calls and letters to him with no response or effort on his part to appease my sister or deliver on his promise, she has given up. Now she has two timeshares for the exact same week, and George... well he has his commissions and what more could he want? He is a cad and a scam artist with no conscience.

Patrick H.
Feb 26, 2008

janiso5 wrote:

George Leone is irreputable in any capacity. He promised my sister that he would sell her 1 br unit with no problem if she would upgrade to a 2 br to accomodate her growing family. She bought the two br, and never heard another thing from him regarding the sale of the 1 br she already owned. After numerous frustrating phone calls and letters to him with no response or effort on his part to appease my sister or deliver on his promise, she has given up. Now she has two timeshares for the exact same week, and George... well he has his commissions and what more could he want? He is a cad and a scam artist with no conscience.

Patrick H.
Mar 11, 2008

janiso5 wrote:

this is ralphb39 i have timeshares in westin at coconut bay & 2 others spots in fla. I have gotten call fome him also he is bad news DON ' T !!! even talk too him! ralph

Ralph B.
Jun 13, 2008

garryg6 wrote:
janiso5 wrote:

Hello I also received calls from George Leon, but he said he was from a IMP Properties marketing company with a similar story. Did you list with them?

Ralph B.
Aug 09, 2008

Is George the short guy who is in the office during the winter?

I receive calls every year to buy/sell, in addition to the pressure they put on me while I'm there. The routine is so high pressure with guilt trips, telling me I am making a mistake. I had similar experiences trying to rent my unit through them, of saying they are completely full, but then that my unit didn't rent.

Karen S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.