General Discussion

Global Resort Management!

Dec 08, 2009

harryt26 wrote:
I used global resort mgmt and they sold my ts for well over the market price with in 2 weeks of sighing up with them i spent 899 it was money well spent

(You dont work for them do you?? )Well if that truly is the case then you have been extremely lucky because as of yet I have not heard of ANYONE who has got any service from them at all, It would be nice to see how many people have actually sold or rented timeshares in the last few year through them. My advice to anyone who is thinking about signing up is DONT, any company worth their workd wont take money "up front" in any from admin fee or anything,

Tracy F.
Dec 08, 2009

harryt26 wrote:
I used global resort mgmt and they sold my ts for well over the market price with in 2 weeks of sighing up with them i spent 899 it was money well spent

PLEASE ....DON'T anyone believe this crap. It's clearly just a fabrication, posted by an unconvincing (and apparently only semi-literate) shill.

I challenge "harryt26" to post the County, book and page of the recorded deed for this (alleged) "sale". That information is a matter of public record; seller / owner would have received a copy from the recording entity. C'mon, "harryt26" --- prove me wrong, I dare you. I won't be holding my breath in the meantime, however...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 08, 2009 08:01 AM

Dec 08, 2009

All, Please see the below report found on the Net )http://cheatauworld.blogspot.com/2009/09/chateau-world-experience.html), seems the scams go far deeper tham GRM themselves

Chateau World- shining a spotlight on the scam CHEATauWorld Dedicated to helping the victims of Chateau World of Resorts, Andre Muran, W. Murray Smith, Royal Club International, Royal Club Resorts, Royal Crown Resorts, Global Resort Management and more... View my complete profile Thursday, September 17, 2009 The Chateau World experience Andre Muran is the master mind behind Chateau World. His cute little side kick, W. Murray Smith have quite the web of deceit going between an intricate malignant mass of incorporated companies. Chateau World, Royal Club Resorts, the Banff Gate Mountain Lodge and Spa, Royal Club International and now... Global Resort Management. They all operate together by a staff of morally bankrupt individuals, and all under the guiding hand of Andre Muran

What is the purpose of all of these companies? And why does a nice girl like me feel compelled to tell you about them?

Way back in 2002, Royal Club International was incorporated by Andre Muran as a not for profit corporation in Alberta.

Andre Muran had a staff of people who were happily conning the masses out of thousands and thousands of dollars each (which, according to Andre Muran, was prifiting him 15 million per year). These folks thought they were buying RCI memberships (and to be perfectly fair, some of those folks actually did receive RCI memberships) but many were misled.

The name Royal Club International was set up because it had the same initials as RCI (a big vacation exchange in the states)

Long story short, people were shown RCI marketing materials and sold on RCI memberships, and then promptly signed up for Royal Club International memberships. Chateau Canmore and the Banff Gate Mountain Lodge and Spa in Canmore were the "home resorts" for members.

Andre Muran had also trained his sales staff to take advantage of Alberta Travel club laws to close sales. "If you change your mind in the next 10 days, all you have to do is give us a call and let us know. The law says that you have 10 days to cancel and if you do- we have to refund your money!"

No risk right? Wrong.

In 2004, Alberta Government Services had a stack of complaints against Andre Muran and his little scam- but they had no evidence with which to go after our charming little friend. Why? Because Andre had that figured out too... Andre Muran had his staff of willing accomplices cheerfully accept the new member's decision to cancel. "No problem!" the nice people were told "Just send us back all the promo stuff we gave you and your contracts and everything and as soon as we receive that, we will cut you a check and pop it in the mail for you"

You see, by the time these people realized they had been made fool of, it was too late. And going to the authorities was fruitless because they had no proof- they had sent all of their proof back to the scammers who seemed so down to earth... so sincere... so honest and kind.

In August of 2004, Alberta Government Services was able to lay charges though- 125 criminal charges. Yes, finally someone popped up in the mess who had kept all of their evidence and suddenly, Alberta Government Services had a case.

The name Royal Club International started hitting the news, as was Andre Muran. They could not continue operating their scam under that name any more. And so, without a peep, the Royal Club International signs came down and Chateau World signs went up in their place.

Was Chateau World different than Royal Club International?

Well, the signs were different, the named directors were different but the staff was the same, the games were the same and the boss had not changed. Andre Muran was still behind it all.

In 2006, "the club" was sued by that person who popped up with evidence for Alberta Government Services (we will call her La Velle Goodwin). The lawyer representing the scam was none other than W. Murray Smith. That name might not mean much to you now, but it finds its place in the twists and turns of what had become the Chateau World scam.

W. Murray Smith Smith tried some of the most despicable dirty tricks to intimidate Goodwin, including filing a 3.8 million dollar defamation suit against her for having posted her experience with "the club" on a rip off site. W. Murray Smith later offered to drop that suit if she would remove any information about the scam from the internet... slimy little man.

In the end, Goodwin won her suit, the judge called what happened to her "fraud" and Goodwin started a website to try and warn other consumers against dealing with the fraudulent bunch.

Today, W. Murray Smith is the "president" of Chateau World and also Global Resort Management (another corporation that is intertwined in the scam as it has been billing Chateau World members for "club dues"

The scam continues on and although it appears that the whole thing is falling apart and properties like the Banff Gate Mountain Lodge and Spa and Chateau Canmore are no longer under the control of the scammers, they continue to call members of "the club" demanding the payment of club dues.

Regular updates and information about Andre Muran, W. Murray Smith, Chateau World,

Royal Club Resorts,

Royal Crown Resorts, Global Resort Management , the Banff Gate Mountain Lodge and Spa, Chateau Canmore and the victims of Chateau World can be found at CHEATauWorld.ca Posted by CHEATauWorld at 10:32 AM Labels: Andre Muran, Banff Gate Mountain Lodge and Spa, Chateau World, Global Resort Management, Royal Club International, travel club, travel club scam, W. Murray Smith

Tracy F.
Dec 08, 2009

harryt26 wrote:

SHILL ALERT

R P.
Dec 15, 2009

I personally developed the website for them and can say first hand that they have a one of the most robust systems in place for listing, searching, and closing the deals on timeshare rentals and sales.

I am not affiliated with their company aside from programming their website and make no personal gain by making these statements.

Is anyone else here noticing that these messages are pasted over and over the exact same month after month? (check the dates) It would seem that whoever is trying to "reveal" any sort of scam... is most likely a disgruntled employee or something... and a bit of a [pretty lousy] scammer themselves?

Gregory B.

Last edited by gregoryb70 on Dec 15, 2009 07:19 PM

Dec 16, 2009

gregoryb70 wrote:
I personally developed the website for them and can say first hand that they have a one of the most robust systems in place for listing, searching, and closing the deals on timeshare rentals and sales.

An upfront fee entity (which particular one is completely irrelevant) reportedly has a well developed web site --- so what? The "web site quality" of a predatory business has nothing whatsoever to do with the integrity or questionable practices of their underlying business model.

I'm happy for you that you evidently got paid to develop a "robust" web site for an upfront fee company, but the simple, factual, objective bottom line remains that, for the CONSUMER, NO upfront fee company on Planet Earth is a good idea if one wants to actually SELL (... as opposed to merely "list"...) any timeshare, anywhere. Period, amen.

Speaking only for myself, I have NO affiliation with ANY timeshare related company or entity --- and I never did. What I DO have, however, is 27 years of experience and industry observations as an owner of multiple timeshare weeks at various facilities. Over nearly three DECADES, I have bought AND sold timeshares without EVER having a single conversation with (or paying one penny to) ANY upfront fee entity ANYWHERE at ANY time. 'Nuff said --- the simple facts and the naked truth speak (loudly and clearly) for themselves.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 16, 2009 07:43 AM

Dec 18, 2009

Pretty well said..!!!!

Shelly Smith.. --------------------------------- Lawyer Marketing

Shelly S.

Last edited by shellys96 on Dec 18, 2009 10:34 PM

Jan 22, 2010

I'm considering going with them to rent my timeshare. I'm real sceptical and have been all over the internet looking for some kind of postitve reviews. They delivered for you as advertised? You paid the up front fee and recieved direct offers from perspective buyers and then you were able to decide for yourself. Your cashiers check cashed? If this is true I could seem to make some money because I have unlimited getaways.

Tina M.
Jan 23, 2010

tinam215 wrote:
I'm considering going with them to rent my timeshare. I'm real sceptical and have been all over the internet looking for some kind of postitve reviews. They delivered for you as advertised? You paid the up front fee and recieved direct offers from perspective buyers and then you were able to decide for yourself. Your cashiers check cashed? If this is true I could seem to make some money because I have unlimited getaways.

With all the info/testimonials here and on other timeshare forums to not pay an upfront fee to any company to supposedly rent or sell your timeshare .... then you decide.

R P.
Feb 10, 2010

All the posts on this website is made by the employees of redweek because they do the exact same thing as global does!!!

John B.
Feb 11, 2010

johnb1581 wrote:
All the posts on this website is made by the employees of redweek because they do the exact same thing as global does!!!

I am not an employee of Redweek, I merely post on the forums to warn people of all the scams out there via timesharing ... Redweek is merely a timeshare ad listing site, they do not cold call and solicit clients with varying lies .... the clients find this site themselves and make the decision to post an ad here or not .... you're comparing apples to oranges.

R P.
Feb 17, 2010

I own a timeshare in Orlando which I got adout 3 years ago.

I was approached dy Glodal Management adout selling it for me, I agreed and paid an upfront fee of around $600 U.S.

After thinking adout this I changed my mind and decided not to carry it through, I had received paperwork from Glodal to de signed, I did not sign it or return it. I contacted Glodal and after some phone calls I gave my reasons for not carrying through on the matter and they did refund me the full fee.

After reading the stuff on here I thought I had kissed my $600 good dye dut I was wrong.

So my experience with Glodal was positive.

Joan E.
Feb 24, 2010

one major question here I think. If these so called salesmen make a sale let them "EARN" their so called commission or fee taken off the sale of the said property like most salesmen or sales people. I also just had global management offer to sell or rent my timeshare, they were bent and bound i was gonna give them a credit card number to get me on a list. he went on and on and on trying to get me to give him a credit card number. when I told him when you rent my ts pointsget the guy or corp to send one cheque to me for my share then one cheque to you (for your commision or fee). he says thats not the way we do business. I said its the way I do and is the only way it is gonna go down. then I hung up on him. thx.

Trent C.
Mar 09, 2010

No supportive response from harryt I see.

Thank you everyone for your comments here. Today I received the crafty call offering to market my timeshare for rent or re-sale. I have already been scammed by Resorts International Unlimited to put my rental week on a worthless online list with no results. Global Resort Management stated they do their marketing "differently". I almost bit the bait until I read these comments here so thank you all again.

My home resort has learned of these scams going on and has issued warnings to their owners. They have also developed their own proceedures for owners wishing to rent out or re-sell their timeshare so that's a step in the right direction.

Sean V.
May 21, 2010

timeshareo3 wrote:
... this company can help you and it's not all that much money upfront. They really do help!!
Complete and utter nonsense, plain and simple.

NO company that takes ANY money upfront will EVER sell your timeshare. Why would they even bother to try, since you've ALREADY given them ALL the money they will ever get from dealing with you???

Use your head and your commone sense, people. Think! As the signs at the zoo wisely advise, "DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS!"

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 21, 2010 10:08 AM

May 21, 2010

timeshareo3 wrote:
This is the ONE company that will guarantee to help you OR your money back and they do it in writing.. so from what I know about this company, they are not going anywhere and they are there to help you. What other company will give you a written guarantee? If you are in need of renting your place out, you should give this company a chance. What's your alternative.. doing what you've been doing and getting what you've been getting? Is it working for you? If it is, fine.. if it's not, dont put the cart before the horse.. this company can help you and it's not all that much money upfront. They really do help!!

SHILL ALERT !!!!

R P.
May 22, 2010

Excuse me, JayJay, but you wouldnt know me from a 'can of paint'. This is the one business that I do know of-- that has a direct affiliation with the Chamber of Commerce. Do your homework before you start spewing negative comments about situations you know nothing about...namely, me...again, you know nothing about me or what I am about, and in reading your two-worded comment, it just sounds like you have an ax to grind. Not every company is in the scam category.

Timeshare O.

Last edited by timeshareo3 on May 22, 2010 12:58 PM

May 22, 2010

you know it's real simple people, just do your homework... Global resort mgmt are members of the chamber of commerce and the better business bureau! I did sign up with them about a year ago and i was sceptical, but here's what kind of company they are! I wanted to sell my timeshare but didnt have the money they were asking for so they offered to split the cost with me just on a verbal agreement! I was sceptical at first but i went ahead and signed for 799. I had a ts in the Smokey mountains and one in las vegas... i was furious when after about 200 days had past and my timeshare wasn' sold but a few days later they called me with an offer for my las vegas ts and it was a HUGE offer, of course i accepted, not even 2 months later they called back with another HUGE offer for my ts in the smokey mountains. If u notice in the contract that Global Resort management sends you its states that if they DO NOT sell your property within 180 days, they will encour ALL costs to make sure it gets sold and that is EXACTLY what they did. Obviously the bad forums are from competitors!!!

David M.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 23, 2010 10:12 PM

May 23, 2010

timeshareo3 wrote:
Excuse me, JayJay, but you wouldnt know me from a 'can of paint'. This is the one business that I do know of-- that has a direct affiliation with the Chamber of Commerce. Do your homework before you start spewing negative comments about situations you know nothing about...namely, me...again, you know nothing about me or what I am about, and in reading your two-worded comment, it just sounds like you have an ax to grind. Not every company is in the scam category.

Duh, I don't have to know you to know that any resale or rental company that charges an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars is a scam, period.

Interesting how the shills from this company are bombarding this forum. Yeah, I have an ax to grind with you scammers with all your lies and taking innocent, trusting people to the cleaners.

You might take the time to research all the negative comments/testimonials concerning your company on the internet .... maybe it's time for you to look for another job since WE ARE GETTING THE WORD OUT.

R P.
May 23, 2010

davidm1228 wrote:
Global resort mgmt are members of the chamber of commerce and the better business bureau!
So what ???

Even if true, both of these entities are nothing more than commercial membership organizations, which ANY business can join, at a minimal cost. There is certainly no inherent credilbilty associated with (or acquired from) any such memberships. That's really a VERY weak and entirely unconvincing angle to attempt to falsely claim "credibility"...

Instead of all these assorted lame and unconvincing shill postings, most of which are outright amusing in their inane, complete lack of credibility, why doesn't Global Resort Management (...whoever or wherever it is that they may be) simply step up and describe in detail exactly how or why GRM would EVER be motivated to sell the timeshare of some unsuspecting, trusting soul AFTER having ALREADY received ALL of the money GRM would ever again get from that person anyhow, right up front? Get real here, people; it makes no sense.

Once again, I advise any and all people reading this shill nonsense being unconvincingly posted by Global Resort Management to simply use their God-given common sense and THINK!!! The claims of success are completely false and an outright insult to the intelligence of any thinking person. It's pure, unaldulterated crap --- plain and simple.

Many resale timeshares are tough to even GIVE away these days. With that indisputable fact in mind, ask yourself why ANY rational person would EVER choose to believe that some lame, obscure and completely unknown Internet entity can somehow magically get many thousands of dollars (...much more than the timeshare is actually even worth) when there are a thousand timeshares on eBay RIGHT NOW, TODAY listed for a dollar or less (...and many of those are NOT selling, even at that lowly one dollar price).

Please don't fall for these lame shill GRM posts or their phony, unsubstantiated claims of credibity and / or success --- NEITHER claim has ANY truth to it. Upfront fee companies exist SOLELY to take your money, providing nothing in return except a useless, overpriced listing on an obscure web site which no one with any brains will likely visit, nor ever take seriously even if they do visit it just for chuckles.

If you DO fall for this nonsense and pay upfront money to these parasites, or any of the many others like them, PLEASE don't come back here later and claim that you were a "victim". In such matters, there are NO "victims" --- only VOLUNTEERS. So, DON'T VOLUNTEER!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2010 05:14 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.