Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Buy and Sell Timeshare . Com

Oct 09, 2007

I know before I start that most of you feel that one should never pay an upfront fee.....I agree,,,,but,,,,,,I have not had one offer or bite since first posting on Redweek. Granted, I have a timeshare in Canada and I think it is a hard sell. As far as some of the scammers,,,has anyone anything positive to say about this company. They are having a promotion now and will only charge 199.00 upfront fee instead of 399.00. Not sure if I should risk it or not. But,,,,I have run adds in local papers, contacted the town where timeshare is (Collingwood, Ontario), had it posted on Redweek for almost a year,,,,,nothing. Just wondering if this was one of the really bad companies. They say they are from Fort Meyers , Florida.

Any info would be appreciated.

Meg Y.
Oct 09, 2007

megy wrote:
I know before I start that most of you feel that one should never pay an upfront fee.....I agree,,,,but,,,,,,I have not had one offer or bite since first posting on Redweek. Granted, I have a timeshare in Canada and I think it is a hard sell. As far as some of the scammers,,,has anyone anything positive to say about this company. They are having a promotion now and will only charge 199.00 upfront fee instead of 399.00. Not sure if I should risk it or not. But,,,,I have run adds in local papers, contacted the town where timeshare is (Collingwood, Ontario), had it posted on Redweek for almost a year,,,,,nothing. Just wondering if this was one of the really bad companies. They say they are from Fort Meyers , Florida.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM. SCAMMERS. Will take any payment and you will never hear back from them.

Try to dead it back to the Timeshare resort if you just want to get rid ot it.

Also try eBay. It works most of the time for the dog weeks.

May be you are asking too much. What resort and how much.

Sam M.

Last edited by worldmarkf on Oct 09, 2007 09:36 PM

Oct 09, 2007

megy wrote:

Megy have tried Craigslist? Its free and and you can post ad on sites all over the world. Some run seven days in large cities and forty five days in smaller cities and you can add pictures. Also can have all e-mails go through them so you pick who you want to talk to.

We rented few years ago off the Sacramento Ca listing and also sold our daughters car so I know it works well.

Just type in Craigslist and see all the area's you can run your add FREE!

good luck phil

Phil L.
Oct 10, 2007

If they ask for an upfront fee don't do it. They'll be asking for another $199 or higher fee later on.

Perhaps you need to lower the price for your timeshare here at Redweek and keep lowering it until you start getting some interest (emails).

R P.
Oct 10, 2007

megy states, quoted only in pertinent part:

>> They are having a promotion now and will only charge 199.00 upfront fee instead of 399.00. Not sure if I should risk it or not. <<

If you send them any money it won't be a risk --- it will instead simply be a GIFT from you to them. Don't do it!

For well under $100 total, you can advertise your week yourself on SEVERAL timeshare sites which actually have CREDIBILITY and EXPOSURE to potential (and knowledgeable) timeshare buyers. In addition to RedWeek, there is MyResortNetwork.com, Bidshares (which is free), Timeshare Users Group (one free ad comes with a new membership, which costs only $15 per year) and VacationTimeshareRentals (which lists sales as well as rentals, but I don't know their ad fee structure). Stay away from these so-called "marketing" and "advertising" parasites, who will achieve absolutely nothing besides taking your money from you. Don't let desperation drive you to a bad decision --- that is exactly what these parasites rely upon to stay in business. DON'T DO IT!

Most important to successful selling will be pricing your week REALISTICALLY. You understand and have already acknowledged that whatever you paid originally is of no relevance whatsoever. The only thing that matters is market value TODAY. Looking at various sites to see the range of asking prices at your resort will give you a more clear and realistic picture. Price your week below any others and you'll have some chance at success.

Also, it will be helpful to be much more specific about exactly what "Red" means at your particular resort. Many float week ownerships have specific reservation windows or periods (and/or restrictions), so it's both helpful and important to clearly and specifically define what "Red" means at YOUR resort. With no other details, just saying "Red" week means almost nothing.

Good luck. Don't pay ANY of these upfront parasites a single penny. You won't ever sell your timeshare that way and you'll only be wasting your money.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 10, 2007 09:13 AM

Oct 10, 2007

ken1193 wrote:

>> They are having a promotion now and will only charge 199.00 upfront fee instead of 399.00. Not sure if I should risk it or not. <<

If you send them any money it won't be a risk --- it will instead simply be a GIFT from you to them. Don't do it!

For well under $100 total, you can advertise your week yourself on SEVERAL timeshare sites which actually have CREDIBILITY and EXPOSURE to potential (and knowledgeable) timeshare buyers. In addition to RedWeek, there is MyResortNetwork.com, Bidshares (which is free), Timeshare Users Group (one free ad comes with a new membership, which costs only $15 per year) and VacationTimeshareRentals (which lists sales as well as rentals, but I don't know their ad fee structure). Stay away from these so-called "marketing" and "advertising" parasites, who will achieve absolutely nothing besides taking your money from you. Don't let desperation drive you to a bad decision --- that is exactly what these parasites rely upon to stay in business. DON'T DO IT!

Most important to successful selling will be pricing your week REALISTICALLY. You understand and have already acknowledged that whatever you paid originally is of no relevance whatsoever. The only thing that matters is market value TODAY. Looking at various sites to see the range of asking prices at your resort will give you a more clear and realistic picture. Price your week below any others and you'll have some chance at success.

Also, it will be helpful to be much more specific about exactly what "Red" means at your particular resort. Many float week ownerships have specific reservation windows or periods (and/or restrictions), so it's both helpful and important to clearly and specifically define what "Red" means at YOUR resort. With no other details, just saying "Red" week means almost nothing.

Good luck. Don't pay ANY of these upfront parasites a single penny. You won't ever sell your timeshare that way and you'll only be wasting your money.

Thanks Ken for a very informative reply to my questions. I guess I will call my resort again, and get their explanation of what "red" means. I do know that I have no set week....I just call,,ask for a time.....and go from there. That would be the same for anyone exchanging into our resort. Anywho,,,,thanks again. I already told "Denise" from BuyandSell Timeshares.com that under no circumstances would I be giving her one red cent. I guess all I needed to do was hear it from all of you guys again. I just want to sell the darn thing,,,but,,,maybe if I dont',,,health issues here will get better and we can use it. The resort is only 2 hours from my home on Georgian Bay in Ontario.

Meg Y.
Oct 10, 2007

megy wrote:
ken1193 wrote:

Thanks Ken for a very informative reply to my questions. I guess I will call my resort again, and get their explanation of what "red" means. I do know that I have no set week....I just call,,ask for a time.....and go from there. That would be the same for anyone exchanging into our resort. Anywho,,,,thanks again. I already told "Denise" from BuyandSell Timeshares.com that under no circumstances would I be giving her one red cent. I guess all I needed to do was hear it from all of you guys again. I just want to sell the darn thing,,,but,,,maybe if I dont',,,health issues here will get better and we can use it. The resort is only 2 hours from my home on Georgian Bay in Ontario.

=============== Another option is to offer to rent it to friends, family, in-laws, out-laws, etc for the cost of the MF. Or, if you know a church or civic group having a fundraising auction, offer them the week

Mike N.
Oct 10, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
megy wrote:
ken1193 wrote:

=============== Another option is to offer to rent it to friends, family, in-laws, out-laws, etc for the cost of the MF. Or, if you know a church or civic group having a fundraising auction, offer them the week

Why not exchange it on Redweek? Seems to me, you are needing to at least recover maintenance fees and you would have a better chance renting your points than you will Georgian Manor!

Chris

Chris F.
Oct 10, 2007

chris460 puzzles me completely by stating....

>> Why not exchange it on Redweek? Seems to me, you are needing to at least recover maintenance fees and you would have a better chance renting your points than you will Georgian Manor! << =====================================

1. No "exchange" will help in any way to pay maintenance fees. Ultimately, fees have to be current in order to exchange a week at all in the first place.

2. What on earth do you mean by "renting your points"? A week deposited with RedWeek results in a point allocation which can be applied to an exchange, but how have you possibly fit any form of "rental" into this equation?

No disrespect intended, but I think you are very confused about the actual nature and meaning of RedWeek exchanges and/or points.

KC

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.