Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Sep 19, 2014

I have yet to pay for any translation or for any other fees and have been told I am good to go in the law suit. I am coming to Puerto Vallarta in Nov. Do I need to do anything else? We met with our attorneys wife and she told us that all was in order.

Janet C.
Sep 19, 2014

I can only tell you from our own personal experience. We lost considerably more and are embarrassed to admit it. Yes, it also hurt us financially and we also lost our prime timeshare in the process that we could be using today. In the Mexican courts, all documents must be translated into Spanish, as its the official language. This is no different than in the US or Canada, where the official language is English and documents must be translated to such. Makes sense. Basically, we've been told the old story those documents aren't worth the paper they are written on. No surprise there!

As for all contracts being the same- nope - we recalled our salesman going into the back and producing documents in a few minutes that surprised us (should have clued in then). They altered them as need be to get our money. Unfortunately they were/are good at what they did. I say "are" because Jonathan is still out there running around in PV having a blast on our money.

Sucked I.
Sep 19, 2014

PauletteB45: please send me your e-mail address. I will send you material. My e-mail is agerein@yahoo.com

Anthony A.
Oct 31, 2014

No posts in a month....what's going on????

Hal H.
Oct 31, 2014

There was another court date on monday october 26/14, does anyone know what has happened at that court date?

Phyllis G.
Oct 31, 2014

I update this blog with info on the case.

http://belairepvclassaction.blogspot.mx/

Rodrigo C.
Nov 01, 2014

How do we get into your blog about what took place at the Oct 26, court, in regard to the belaire class action suit?

Phyllis G.
Nov 04, 2014

Just copy the website Rodrigo listed above and paste it into your browser. The hit the "ENTER" key--you will be there!

Anthony A.
Nov 05, 2014

How do I get in touch with your lawyer we tried a different one and he didn't do anything but we sent our papers to them.

KarenR
Nov 05, 2014

Send me your e-mail address. Mine is agerein@yahoo.com

Anthony A.
Nov 10, 2014

Hello everybody,

On november 24th the final hearing is scheduled to take place in out class action. In such hearing we will present our evidence of the fraud. After that, the judge will study our case and issue his resolution.

Sincerely.

César Rincón

Cesar R.
Nov 11, 2014

Cesar Rincon, Thank you for the update. There has been so much mis-information about who is doing what for us victims, and different lawyers asking for money to represent us, so if this is a favorable decision from the judge, what does it mean for those of those who have not yet joined the class action but want to? When can we expect to hear about the decision results? Thank you.

Sucked I.
Nov 18, 2014

Mr. Rincon, Are these questions/concerns going to be answered?

Sucked I.
Nov 24, 2014

BEWARE The scam Puerto Vallarta, MX.

Grand Miramar Private Residence and their partner Diamond Management Group is a finely crafted scam of financial entrapment. They do not recognizes the 5 Day grace period , which is Mexican law, to cancel without financial penalty. When we wanted to cancel, we were told we sign it , even if it was cancelled 1 hr. later the contract would cost us 2/3 of our investment. The scam is, they find a seller for your timeshare on the spot, give you a down payment for it in a check, which we signed and gave back too them, to lower the contract amount When you cancel they hit you with closing cost fees, title search, lost commission, research fee and 1.16% tax and the amount of the check you signed over to be used to lower your obligations from them. In our case that left us with $ 4,217 from our $ 14,917 charge on our credit card. We refused this propsal. Now they threaten us with legal action and the sale of our timeshare to cover the cost of their supposed entitlement. We need our government to interfere, since it is Americans and Canadians they mostly scam. The only sales people in contact with you are from Grand Miramar Private Residence.

Our sales ass. was Edgar Moreno and sales manager Richard Bounce

GM 1 800 934 4072 vipservices@gmprivateresidence.com ----------------------------------------------------- DMG 1 866 939 8632 contact@diamondmanagementdrp.com

We have contacted our credit card Co. and various Mexican agencies, American Agencies, our governor, Senators and Congressmen, the FBI and the General Attorney's Offices of the USA and Mexico, but would appreciate an official E-mail , phone call.

Barbara D.
Dec 08, 2014

Well guess what everyone, This will NEVER be over. I was one of the fortunate ones that master card paid me back my money because my contract said first year of use 2010. When the Beliare wasn't built there was no way for me to use my timeshare so they gave me my money back. I paid down payment and 17 payments out of 60. They refunded me everything. Well guess what, now, 4 years later, Private Residence Club has issued collection action on me since I signed up for their club and stopped paying. They first started saying I owe the whole amount to them less my deposit. So $26000 they first said I still owe. They said I stopped paying in Nov 2011. I actually stopped June 2009. I asked them for a record and balance of everything I paid with the dates I paid them. They sent me a list of payments, which were not what I paid, or the dates, but now my balance is only $8000. They also have copies that they sent me of my contract some of which I never even received. Obviously our names and information have been sold to someone. I'm glad I changed my credit card info but they have photocopies of our drivers licences. SCARY! They are scaring people hoping to get more out of us. I wish I knew how to track these crooks down. I asked for my payment info because I knew only the original private residence company would have my actual payments and would know that I got all my money back. These crooks are just trying to get some more money. People are nasty. I feel for all of you who didn't get your money back and lost your timeshares, my heart aches for you. Rena

Rena T.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 08, 2014 08:03 PM

Dec 08, 2014

We went to see this Resort and they tried to steel $5,150.00 from me and I got with Bank of America to solve it. Well they said it was a billing error and the bank accepted that lie. Don't let them tell you that they need your credit card to verify your credit. They take it and charge the maximum and the charge comes back with a $150.00 transaction fee that puts you over your credit limit!!!!!

KarenR
Dec 08, 2014

I sent all my original purchase copies to Rincon and got no answer. It cost me over $72.00 to copy and send them and nobody calls me back when I tried to call them.

KarenR
Dec 08, 2014

You have a problem with Belaire? They took us for over $32,000.00 and overcharged our credit cards too boot! That is credit card fraud on top of steeling from everyone. How many people were overcharged on their credit cards?

KarenR
Dec 09, 2014

Monday, November 24, 2014

Final hearing moved to December 11, 2014 at 11:00 hours. The final hearing was moved to a later date in order to allow completion of several judicial acts regarding the presentation of evidence for the case. Posted by Rodrigo Cruz Perez at 10:38 AM No comments:

Gerry B.
Dec 10, 2014

This page is specifically for the Belaire/Hotel U situation. If you are having issues with another resort please start another page so as to not confuse the issue. Thank you.

Sucked I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.