Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

May 22, 2010

We purchased in 2007, what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If there is any possibility of recovering the money we have all been scammed out of, count me in.

Melva P.
May 23, 2010

We are gathering co-purchasers as much as we can to formulate an action. My email: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca

Ramon C.
May 27, 2010

Hi everyone, yesterday i received a phone call from Leonardo Menije, he is the legal representative of Belaire. We arrange an apointment for today at 10:00am in the Belaire Restaurant. i ask so many questions and he was kind and was willing to provide all the answers.

i spoke with him for an hour, i mentioned some of the cases that i have read. He explained some of the problems that they have gone during the construction, despite of the problems, he ensure me, that everything is gonna be alright. He told me that in three weeks there's going to be people working again ( they have had problems with some labor union) problems that they will let you know later.

You will have to be very patient, i saw the dates of construction and the end date for the construction of the first tower will be until 2012, they are in every order to offer you what you need while the construction is done.

i made emphasis on the lack of comunication with their costumers, and he really showed concerned about that. This area, comunication, is no the task of Leonardo Menije, but he told me that he is going to talk with the personal that is in charge of this.

trust me, he really was worried about everything that i mentioned. maybe this is a way to make them to put more attention on their business. from now on, they must be rearranging a lot of things. I'll be ware of what happens soon. and i will keep in touch.

Am sure that you still have doubts of this, but now it is turn of BELAIRE to give you an explanation.

Have a good day everyone. Till next time

Javier I.
May 29, 2010

These companies were referred by Belaire, and people are having problems with them. They need help in getting some money through BBB and FTC

Gerald B.
May 29, 2010

Pardon my lack of information on abbreviated titles, kindly tell me what are those abbreviations BBB and FTC. Thank you.

Ramon C.
May 29, 2010

This message was for the people who had dealings with CVM and Platinum the companies Belaire used to sell their timeshare, they took in closing fees and transfer fees up front and now want more money for taxes. To warn people and put pressure on these companies I would recommend putting in complaints to the better Business Beau and the Federal Trade Commission. These companies are listed in the United States in Denver and Dallas. If you need addresses to send the complaints send me your email> gwbelitski@shaw.ca

Gerald B.
May 30, 2010

Guess I have lost my closing costs. I signed a cancellation contract that said I would get back my purchase price, but they would keep the closing costs as administrative fees. Probably illegal for them to do that, but since I signed it, Profeco said there is nothing they can do. I would have been better off just leaving without signing anything then probably could have gotten back both. Live and learn, but it sure is taking me a long time to learn.

John P.
Jun 09, 2010

HI EVERY ONE,

THIS CONSTRUCTION COMPANY IN NUEVO VALLARTA IS A COMPLETE FRAUD!! STARTING FROM THE NAME

THEY TOOK THE NAME OF "BELAIRE", AND THIS NAME THAT DOESN´T BELONG TO THEM, THEY DON´T HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE THAT NAME.

THEY ARE TARNISHING THE NAME OF A REAL HOTEL CHAIN THAS IS NOT RALEATED IN ANY SENSE WITH THIS FRAUD, AND THIS IS NOT FAIR, THE REAL BELAIR IS A SMALL AND CUTE BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN CANCUN (www.belaircollection.com) AND I REPEAT THERE IS NOT RELATION WITH THIS FRAUDULENT AND DISHONEST COMPANY.

THE HOTEL IN CANCUN HAS PROPERLY REGISTERED, YEARS AGO, THE NAME IN THE "IMPI" (INSTITUTO MEXICANO DE LA PROPIEDAD INDUSTRIAL).

IT IS A SHAME, BUT THIS CONSTRUCTION COMPANY IS GOING AGAINST THE LAW IN MANY WAYS.

I HOPE THE LAW CAN DO SOMETHING TO FINISH WITH THIS COMPLETE FRAUD.

THEY ARE FAKE STARTING FROM THE NAME!!

Sandra C.
Jul 17, 2010

Toured the site last month and not much going on. Friends bought in 3 years ago. Looks like it will never be finished.

Hal H.
Jul 17, 2010

I also agree with the recent correspondent regarding the completion of Belaire. We recently recieved a newsletter from the Belaire family and they told us that there is a lot of negativity in the internet. They blame the recession etc. for the delays and they will inform us later why we have to wait so long. They tell us to stay strong in the faith. My faith is getting weaker by the day. Any other buyers out there feel the same?

Lois J.
Jul 17, 2010

We "jumped in" in March of '07. Wow were we duped. If I thought we had a chance of finding some relief, I would pursue it legally, but I think it would only result in a greater loss. How Belaire can continue to sell escapes me. Apparently, any government oversight is non-existent.

ben smith
Jul 20, 2010

Horray Horray, We just got notice that Bel Aire is going to settle with us though Profeco. We don't get the whole amount back, but most of it. We filed with Profeco months ago before our year deadline was up and they came through for us. Hope if you file you will have the same outcome if it hasn't been a year from your purchase date. Good Luck to all. We're out of there!!!

Janet C.
Jul 20, 2010

We also managed to get our contract canceled, thanks partly to intervention by PROFECO. Unlike most of the contributors to this topic, we exercised our right to cancel within 5 days of signing. Belaire tried to convince us that the 'closing costs' were not refundable, but due to our careful documentation of all events, multiple calls & emails to PROFECO, & blocking the payments via AMEX, we 'wore them down'. We recovered 100% of our money.

However, it took 7 months!

PROFECO was extremely helpful & completely ethical - we were impressed. Like many international ombudsman organizations, they're very short-handed, so nothing moved very quickly. But we're free of Belaire & pleased. Good luck to the rest of you.

Michael S.
Jul 23, 2010

How do I get in touch with Portfeco? Do they have english speaking people working there? Thanks. Darlene

Darlene G.
Jul 23, 2010

PROFECO is a (Spanish) acronym for Mexico's consumer protection agency. Their English web site is at http://www.profeco.gob.mx/english.htm. They have several personnel who speak excellent English & can be reached at 011-52-55-52-11-17-23 in Mexico City.

The lady that I spoke with several times sounds very unfriendly but was really quite helpful. The first person who answers the phone may not speak good English - just ask her Habla Usted inglés? ('ahblah oosted eenglays?') - & she'll get someone who does.

They have both administrators & lawyers, & they have quite a bit of authority (they just fined Belaire for not attending a scheduled meeting). I'm impressed that Mexico is taking its tourist business so seriously.

Michael S.
Jul 24, 2010

I'm not sure I'm with you on the "Mexico is serious" line. Belaire is still on the streets peddling their product. Surely more drastic action would be warranted by now don't you think? How many Americans and Canadiens have been left holding the bag is anyone's guess, but it has to number into the hundreds.

ben smith
Jul 27, 2010

Recently I have noticed that the camera site is no longer available. Now we are really in the dark as to what is or not is happening at Belaire. It is called "the Mexican Secret".

Lois J.
Jul 27, 2010

I asked why the camera were down and they said; We removed them due to the raining season. Kindly, Laura Pena

Kind of funny they where up through all other years during the raining season.

Terence W.
Jul 28, 2010

michaels1119 wrote:
PROFECO is a (Spanish) acronym for Mexico's consumer protection agency. Their English web site is at http://www.profeco.gob.mx/english.htm. They have several personnel who speak excellent English & can be reached at 011-52-55-52-11-17-23 in Mexico City.

The lady that I spoke with several times sounds very unfriendly but was really quite helpful. The first person who answers the phone may not speak good English - just ask her Habla Usted inglés? ('ahblah oosted eenglays?') - & she'll get someone who does.

They have both administrators & lawyers, & they have quite a bit of authority (they just fined Belaire for not attending a scheduled meeting). I'm impressed that Mexico is taking its tourist business so seriously.

I went to the website to submit a complaint but most of it is in spanish. So, it is not possible for me to complain that way. Also, to call will be very expensive as it is a mexican number. Any other suggestions?

Thank you. Darlene

Darlene G.
Jul 28, 2010

Darlene,

Sorry for the mis-representation - I thought PROFECO had more info & instructions in English, but I may be wrong. I'm fluent in business & legal Spanish, so I may have just read their instructions in Spanish.

I suggest you call, using the really-cheap phone service at http://www.dialaroundtheworld.com/. We've been using this service for several years to call Europe, Mexico, Canada, the USA, etc. & are very happy with it.

Good luck with your complaint.

Michael S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.