Oct 18, 2007

Hey all. I've done a bunch of searches on closing costs and from what i've read they all seem to vary. I'm trying to get an idea what an 'average' closing cost would be on a resale timeshare? Thanks for your help.

Guy S.
Oct 18, 2007

check out www.timesharetransfer.com and www.timeshareresaleclosings.com/

Redweek also uses the closing services of Americal Title. You can perform a search to see what they charge (in upper right corner under of your screen "I want to....search forums") and enter American Title and it will take you to threads here where that service has been discussed.

R P.
Oct 18, 2007

guys27 asks, quoted only in pertinent part:

>> I'm trying to get an idea what an 'average' closing cost would be on a resale timeshare? Thanks for your help. <<

Figure on $250 at a minimum, $300 as a rough average, and much more than that is too high.

However, if you buy a timeshare on eBay from one of the so-called "PostCard Company" resellers, they often require you to use a closing company which *they* identify (no choice for you). More often than not, the closing costs are inflated in such instances, often up to $500, which borders on larceny.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 18, 2007 02:16 PM

Oct 22, 2007

Thanks for the help!

Guy S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.