Club Land'Or Resort

The Land'Or

Oct 08, 2010

Hi Stacyn20

The buyer paid the transfer fee. He found me on the Redweek advertisement. It is cheap and very effective. I advertised on Redweek and myresortnetwork.com. Consumer network recommended both.

Vinokot
Oct 17, 2010

Club Landor and Colonial Crossings is the worst time share company. I would not put any money into that business . They lie to there customers give them long contracts that they cannot get out of. And they also are trying to make people buy out of there contracts by calling it a "exceleration" but all they are trying to do is get quick money because the company is not doing well. Also they say they are remodeling the timeshare but there is only one room completed. Now they are billing for a energy surcharge they are just trying to get money. For instance colonial crossings will not get a water park because they cannot build on that ground that is why when you ask about the water park they say you purchased a timeshare not a water park. I just want to warn you they are no good .

Shante E.
Oct 18, 2010

delete

Shirley R.

Last edited by shirley779 on Aug 29, 2012 06:19 PM

Oct 23, 2010

Has anybody else seen these new charges? This is ridiculous, and not in any part of my contract. I have been with Club Landor for over 9 years and have NEVER used their resort. I have heard enough horror stories from others that I decided not to go. What was sold to me as an all inclusive resort obviously isnt. I use RCI and trade my weeks for great vacations all over the country. My probem is that I am not going to pay any more of the special assessment fees or these new energy surcharge/holdover fees because they are not in my contract. Under Article IV of my contract is states that maintenance fees and refurbishment fees are the only additional fees. Refurbishment fees can only be charged every 5 years from contract date. So why are we being charged special assessment fees every year around Nov-Dec. Must be time for Landor Christmas bonuses, because they definantly aren't putting the money into the resort. My question is can Landor deny my weeks to deposit into RCI if I do not pay any of these extra fees that are not included in my contract? Thanks. Shannon

Shannon F.
Oct 23, 2010

No special assessment fee paid can lead to denial of your week. Even worse, they threaten legal action to collect. I think they are a bunch of criminal predators.

Consider donating your weeks to some charitable organization and take a tax deductin. The charitable organization can either rent their weeks out or claim a loss and not pay the fee. How can Club Land'Or destroy the credit of a charitable organization? Impossible.

Vinokot
Oct 24, 2010

Barbara M.

Last edited by barbaram536 on Oct 30, 2010 06:49 PM

Oct 24, 2010

Barbara M.

Last edited by barbaram536 on Oct 30, 2010 06:50 PM

Nov 06, 2010

delete

Shirley R.

Last edited by shirley779 on Aug 29, 2012 06:20 PM

Jan 23, 2011

http://richmond.bbb.org/find-business-reviews/ use above to file a complaint

John P.
Jul 25, 2011

I bought a time share from land or about 4 years ago too. t paid a couple of years and then stopped because the maintenance fees kept coming. Today I got a letter saying that they are taking me to collections. I need my credit because I am a business owner but I can't let them rip me off like this. If anyone know how to stop them please advise.

Thanks

Tom stratus.c.llc@gmail.com

Tom K.
Sep 15, 2011

I posted this on "Can't even give them one star ".

For those of you now resisting the Energy Surcharge/Holdover Fee.

First, there is the matter of a “holdover”. Since is it not defined differently in the lease, it is understood in rental law to be a lessee who stays beyond his right of possession. There is no way to be charged this ahead of time--only if you overstay your week.

As for the “energy surcharge”, as this has always, since the beginning of my lease, been paid by the occupant at the time of occupancy. Since that was true for almost everyone of you, and agreement on terms AT THE TIME THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED is controlling, the meaning of energy surcharge cannot be arbitrarily changed.

Hope this helps.

Eric B.
Oct 06, 2011

To vinodk and everyone else......legit Donation websites will not take Club Land'Or. I went that route recently.

I have been at Land'Or since 1982 and never traded and went ever single year usually for 2 wks. I grumbled a lot but never late with a special assessment or other special fee payment no matter how I felt about it. We are seniors and now find ourselves literally broke. Barely able to pay the mortgage let alone the timeshare. Always loved the resort even as it aged but paid way too many special assessments (almost yearly for many years) for renovations that never happened and they have all that money. Don't get me started about the 'rebuild'. I will be losing a large amount of money due to the weeks we have left from new contract 5 years ago but we just cannot afford it anymore. I have tried to sell or give it away if someone would just pay the transfer fee. Got some bites on Craigslist but they were scams so now I am scared of anyone who contacts me.

I am ready to go to court when they come after me. I have little left that they can take away from me to get their energy surcharge and maintenance fees which are all I owe.

I knew this energy surcharge would really irritate those who never go to the resort/trade trade. It was bad enough to have to it as part of the $25 per person per night when there.

tb

Terri B.
Oct 06, 2011

OMG....its for sale. Funny how we owners did not know of this. What in the heck is going on?

Very interesting article in the Nassau Guardian. Check this out.

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12833:club-landor-executive-clears-the-air&catid=40:business&Itemid=2

Terri B.

Last edited by terrib179 on Oct 06, 2011 07:40 AM

Sep 27, 2012

It is now a matter of public record in the Virginia Henrico County General District Court, Club Land'or was sued for $25, 000 and lost at trial on July 9, 2012. The counter suit Club Land'or filed for the Energy Surcharge/Holdover fees and the Budget Assessment was dismissed. Also see the redweek.com blog "Can't even give them one star" to learn more about how to join a group that might meet your needs or help you decide what to do if you have concerns.

K T.
Jan 06, 2014

Land'Or is totally a rip off, They made all the false promises and cornered us to sign the contract. Now I am trying to get out of it. VinodK, how did you sell your time share? please advise. At this point, I just want to get out of this hassle

Karan T.
Jan 06, 2014

Gave it away to some guy in Richmond, Virginia. Best thing I ever did. The Land'Or people are a bunch of criminals victimizing innocent people like you and me. I gave it away to a guy on RedWeek.

Vinokot

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.