Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa

Tips on getting the week you want

Oct 12, 2012

I am a owner with four weeks. Alot of owners rent out their weeks, they prebook the weeks, especially for the high season Feb -March, April. Did not think Nov would be busy, maybe try booking a year out. I know I just inquired a few weeks ago on a week time frame in Feb and was going to change it and was told that all was booked and to stay with the prebooked date. The all inclusive has made a differance. Having the meal plan has made it more attractive for renting. The meals are over the top, alot cheaper than paying full price. In regards to other timeshares through RCI is great food for good prices using all inclus.

Carol S.
Nov 15, 2012

We are new to timeshares and will be using our week at Sunset Beach for the first time in late March. I had originally booked a Friday to Friday week earlier this year (1 year in advance) and had no problems getting the reservation. Now we would like to change our arrival/departure day and was told that our requested dates were not available. I then looked up those same dates on the travel sites, ie Expedia, Orbtiz, AAA etc. and all of them had those dates available. Can anyone explain if these outside sites work differently? It would seem that as an owner, I would be able to book the dates I want since those dates are available to the general public.

Vicky K.
Feb 27, 2013

My wife and I purchased a Presidential Unit floating week in 2002. In addition to never knowing which building we would be assigned,trying to make reservations for early February became more difficult each year. We upgraded to a fixed room fixed week in 2008. All we need to do now is notify BPSB that we are coming and pay our maintenance fee. All the stress associated with trying to make reservations and never knowing where we would wind up is over.

Ed G.
Feb 27, 2013

The reason is that Pueblo Bonito has a company they contract to for the owners to put their weeks into if they want to rent them out. This company in turn has a tourist fair that all the companies like Expedia etc come too and buy thiese weeks from this company. Now if your week does not get bought up to rent, then this company puts the weeks into your RCI account. The resort mis represents themselves when they tell their owners about this program and make ridiculas claims on how much money you will make in rent. The company is a good company and honest one in telling us that we will be lucky to see our maintence by the time the cut is done. So, I use redweek to rent out my week.

So in short the inventory Expedia etc has is separate than what the resort has. Also, the resort has a all inclusive program that non owners can book off of the resort site that is the air, hotel, meals etc in one like any other all inclusive you book. I am not sure, but I think it is a company that is contracted by the resort to book the all inclusive. There is even an toll free number, but if you and I as a owner want to make a resevation at the resort, we have to call the resort and no toll free number for owners.

. The resort also keeps a an inventory of the spots for their all inclusive section too. The owners can book the all inclusive optional meal and drink plan through the resort.

I have done the same as you, called the all inclusive, and looked on expedia and found avail, but the resort will say no avail. I really do not know the ratio of owner avail to the other inventory groups.

Feb is a very prime month to try and get time. Booking a year ahead is helpful like you did. It is difficult to change the time quite often especially in Feb, Jan is not too bad, and later in Mar.

I hope this was helpful.

Carol S.

Last edited by carols725 on Feb 27, 2013 04:51 PM

Aug 03, 2013

I just purchased a floating presidential suite at PBSB and have access to start using it next year. Since this is my first timeshare, I'm looking for insight on booking with them. The company that handled the transfer transaction provided us a booking number to call, which was an international number, but I was curious if they had a website or other method (since this is 2013) to reserve your week? It's possible that I will receive all of this info from PBSB, in time, but I figured I would ask the experts. Also, I am not to familiar with RCI, and the value they add along with associated fees for using them, so your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anthony J.
Mar 18, 2022

How can anyone sell a Puebla Bonito timeshare (preferable) or convert to RCI?

Cheryl L.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 19, 2022 08:21 AM

Mar 19, 2022

Cheryl: On this page you will find the options for selling your timeshare on our website: Sell My Timeshare

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 19, 2022 08:24 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.