General Discussion

MARBESSA CLUB

Nov 15, 2007

i am in the process of buying a 2b vila here and would like any information on this resort

Norma D.
Nov 15, 2007

Have you tried accessing the reviews on this resort here at Redweek? You can also see reviews on www.tripadvisor.com

R P.
Nov 15, 2007

jayjay wrote:
Have you tried accessing the reviews on this resort here at Redweek? You can also see reviews on www.tripadvisor.com
i have tried tripadvisor but found nothingalso i have not found much details redweeks

Norma D.
Nov 15, 2007

I don't see a Marbessa Club on Redweeks list of timeshares. It's a good chance that it's not a timeshare but merely a club.

R P.
Nov 15, 2007

normad15 wrote:
i am in the process of buying a 2b vila here and would like any information on this resort

There is no facility named "Marbessa Club" listed in either the RCI or the Interval International directories.

While a timeshare facility is never actually required to be affiliated with either one of these two exchange companies, it's somewhat unusual for a resort not to be affiliated with either one or the other (if not both). At the very least, absence of this resort within the "big two" exchange company directories means that you'd have no "exchange" options with either RCI or II.

I do see a "Club Marbella" listed in the RCI directory (resort #2404) in southern Spain (Malaga). If this is the actual name and correct spelling of the resort in question, further info can reportedly be found at http://www.crownresorts.com.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 15, 2007 04:00 PM

Nov 15, 2007

There's one Marbesa (spelled with one 's') Club that I see in Marbella, Spain, however it has only one review.

http://www.redweek.com/resort/P3893

I did, however, see a couple of reviews on www.tripadvisor.com for this resort:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187438-i333-k448683-Heritage_Resort_Marbesa_Club-Malaga_Costa_del_Sol_Andalusia.html

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 15, 2007 03:53 PM

Nov 17, 2007

thank very much for your information i cannot access the reveiw on redweeks this proberly because i have note paid to join norma p.s what do you mean by a club not timeshare

Norma D.
Nov 17, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
normad15 wrote:

There is no facility named "Marbessa Club" listed in either the RCI or the Interval International directories.

While a timeshare facility is never actually required to be affiliated with either one of these two exchange companies, it's somewhat unusual for a resort not to be affiliated with either one or the other (if not both). At the very least, absence of this resort within the "big two" exchange company directories means that you'd have no "exchange" options with either RCI or II.

I do see a "Club Marbella" listed in the RCI directory (resort #2404) in southern Spain (Malaga). If this is the actual name and correct spelling of the resort in question, further info can reportedly be found at http://www.crownresorts.com.

What do you mean by a club norma

Norma D.
Nov 17, 2007

It is evidently a timeshare as it's listed in the RCI directory. The reason I mentioned previously that it may be a club rather than a timeshare is because I had never heard of the Marbesa Club, but then again, I'm not familiar with resorts outside of the USA.

R P.
Nov 18, 2007

normad15 asks: >> What do you mean by a club?<<

There are MANY deeded ownership timeshare resorts throughout the world which have the word "club" in their name. HOWEVER, sometimes a "club" actually means a "right to use" (RTU) membership (which is different from deeded ownership). In RTU membership, you don't actually "own" anything, you instead belong to the "club" for a pre-determined amount of time, which gives you access to one or more of the "club" resort(s). In EITHER case, you will have annual maintenance fee responsibilities. Whether the difference between deeded ownership and RTU membership is important to you is mostly a matter of personal preference.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 18, 2007 05:00 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.