Nov 19, 2007

Is there somewhere on this site that shows what timeshares actually end up selling for? (As compared to their listed price)?

Bryan K.
Nov 20, 2007

Not that I know of.

R P.
Nov 20, 2007

bryank26 wrote:
Is there somewhere on this site that shows what timeshares actually end up selling for? (As compared to their listed price)?

Very few timeshare sites identify actual closing prices (noteworthy exceptions are eBay and Bidshares auctions). On most sites, it would be virtually impossible for site administrators to ever know "closing" prices, since the advertised price may or may not end up being the price at which the sale closing actually occurs. Once a sale is completed, the site administrators really have no idea about the final price --- and it's none of their business anyhow, when you think about it, since it's ultimately a private transaction between the buyer and the seller.

I don't much care for eBay, personally, but eBay does at least provide an avenue by which to see actual selling prices --- IF you are willing to exert the effort to find sales "comparables" for the particular timeshare(s) which are of interest to you. Then again, I believe that eBay sale prices are generally on the very low side for most weeks at most resorts.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 20, 2007 07:58 AM

Jul 25, 2010

How can I find the actual sales price of at least two units {full villas} during the period of January 1 to March 31, 2010 in the Marriott Desert Springs Villas I resort? I need this for tax reduction appeal.

Ray S.
Jul 26, 2010

rays116 wrote:
How can I find the actual sales price of at least two units {full villas} during the period of January 1 to March 31, 2010 in the Marriott Desert Springs Villas I resort? I need this for tax reduction appeal.

As Ken stated, about the only way you can check are Ebay's completed auctions for what a timeshare finally auctioned/sold for, and even then it would depend on the supply and demand of the week you OWN. There is no set criteria for what any timeshare will resale for .... mainly it's what a buyer is willing to pay since different people got their week via different ways (ie: developer, resale, free, inherited, gifted etc).

I'm not sure what you mean by tax reduction appeal ????

R P.
Jul 26, 2010

Riverside County Assessor will lower the tax base on timeshares if one can provide 2 comps demonstrating the the market value is less than the current assessed value for a given tax period.

Ray S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.