Grand Regency Resort at Thousand Hills

The resort still isn't growing

Nov 22, 2007

Despite being told that this summer they'd start a third building and get the pool in, nothing has happened. This is truely an orphaned resort. Fortunately the units are nice enough and we don't require additional amenities like a pool, club house of fitness center. It is an embarassement that nothing promised has ever become reality. It's my belief that Southwind/Spinnaker has not plans for further developement until they're finished with French Quarter and Palace View. Both resorts in active sales and expansion.

Doug P.
Sep 19, 2008

As an update to the previous post, sales staff (if you can believe anything they say) stated that the resort was tied up in probate court. The previous owner died before signing the final sales contract and it could be several years before it was all straightened out. This is among several stories told by the sales office for Spinnaker in Branson. It's really hard to say what's going on with Grand Regency.

One other thing (lie) told was that Southwind Management had told Interval International to no longer accept deposits from owners at Grand Regency as they didn't know what they were going to do with the resort. I recently deposited my 2009 unit with I.I. without any problems.

Doug P.
Aug 10, 2016

Doug, do you still own at Grand Regency?

dougp57 wrote:
As an update to the previous post, sales staff (if you can believe anything they say) stated that the resort was tied up in probate court. The previous owner died before signing the final sales contract and it could be several years before it was all straightened out. This is among several stories told by the sales office for Spinnaker in Branson. It's really hard to say what's going on with Grand Regency.

One other thing (lie) told was that Southwind Management had told Interval International to no longer accept deposits from owners at Grand Regency as they didn't know what they were going to do with the resort. I recently deposited my 2009 unit with I.I. without any problems.

Shawna M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.