Kaanapali Beach Club

Fee simple timeshare owners

Jan 24, 2008

From what I can decipher from the staff and other forum subjects, we are now 2nd class owners. What is the true scoop for selling units, or use of our 7 day periods. And it looks like a lot of the major repairs could turn into special accessments. Is this still paradise? E Williams, Loomis,Ca

Edward W.
May 07, 2008

We're not giving in to Diamond Resort International's (DRI) high-pressure tactics to sell us a conversion into their points; especially as the points they were proposing to sell us are insufficient for us to make our yearly Christmas through New Year's two week vacations that we currently enjoy. As long as there other deeded owners such as ourselves to maintain a sufficient inventory of deeded rooms, DRI has to provide us the same category of room or better; but DRI is actively trying to eliminate us "1-52 floating week non-point owners" within the resort.

Make sure you are all paid up on your yearly maintenance fees and do NOT trust that the marketing/sales dept where they say they will apply the $150 credit towards the next year's fees after you fall for the Owners' Update (sales session). They will make the credit for two years away, not the next; then try to foreclose on you for being in arrears $150, even though they'll actually initially credit your account for the $150, then take it back without telling you. DRI will hold onto the resultant insufficient payment warning for a month or more until just a couple of days before they start preceedings to steal your week away; so that when you do receive the notifications via registered mail, you may have missed the ability to respond to their shenanigans with the mis-application of the credit.

Finally, DRI is aggressively exercising their Right-of-1st-Refusal on most if not all resales of the fee simple weeks to build up their inventory of days available to their Points system.

R. C.
Feb 28, 2010

I agree DRI is trying to make us owners feel like everyone is doing this and that we better jump on the band wagon. It is just a ploy, everyone I talked to who owns is not falling for it. Stay the course if we all say no and keep things the way they are we will be fine.

Veronica M.
Jan 06, 2011

What is the best way to sell your Fee simple timeshare? I haven't used it since 2007 and won't be using it in the near furture. Thanks

Jim W.
Jan 08, 2011

Thank you everyone for the information. We are like you staying the course, not giving in to their new sales tactics. I am frustrated that Diamond continues to encourage their sales team to make us feel insignificant if you don't participate in their new plan. This new plan is just a way to gain additional money from existing owners since new sales are flat in this rough economy. Stay the course and we will all be fine.

Veronica M.
Jan 08, 2011

Thanks Veronica,

Just to add to what you say. We the owners have the power to make change, but we must stand united. Do not simple throw your ballot in the trash (not accusing, just saying) VOTE today there is only a few days left. You can fax it in to the offices or go on line or mail it. However you do it, you need to get it there by January 12th 2011.

Also in an effort to stand united against DRI and their under handed politics in this matter we have identified 2 candidates along with an owner that will be at the meeting you can name as your proxy.

The information is on the new KBCowners.com website.

Thank you

CVO

Vacation O.
Apr 10, 2012

ATTENTION POIPU POINT OWNERS!! Here is the announcement for which we have all been waiting! The lawsuit has been filed! It was filed Friday in Federal District Court in Hawaii. COPP will be mailing out a note with the lawsuit attached. It will also be going up on our website. I think that we will have DRI's attention now! What did Mr. C say? Yes, that's right, there are "10" unhappy customers. We'll see...

David L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.