Marriott's Grande Ocean

Gold vs Platinum

Jan 27, 2008

Could somebody tell me what are considered Platinum weeks and Gold weeks at this location. Thank you.

T.j. W.
Feb 03, 2008

tjw2 wrote:
Could somebody tell me what are considered Platinum weeks and Gold weeks at this location. Thank you.
Gold is weeks 13 to 23 and 35 thru 43 inclusive Platinum is weeks 24 thru 34 inclusive

William A.
Mar 30, 2008

william838 wrote:
tjw2 wrote:
Gold is weeks 13 to 23 and 35 thru 43 inclusive Platinum is weeks 24 thru 34 inclusive

The Platinum Season is basically the summer vacation time when kids are out of school. Pretty much from 1st week or so of June through the 1st week of September. Gold Season sandwiches the Platinum season and is considered a better golfing time.

Dennis N.
Mar 30, 2008

william838 wrote:
tjw2 wrote:

Dennis N.
Mar 30, 2008

The Platinum season is basically summer vacation time when kids are out of school. Approximately the first part of June through the first part of September. The Gold season(s) sandwich the Platinum and are considered the better golfing time with somewhat cooler, less humid weather. It also tends to be a bit quieter on the island.

Dennis N.
Oct 04, 2010

thanks for the information who define in different manner Even I was not knowing the exact meaning of these. Once my cousin asked me the sane question i was not in the position to answer her when I goggled I found the answer. Thanks Once again

Carl L.

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 04, 2010 02:21 PM

Aug 03, 2012

When a resale says floating medium, what range of weeks is that?

Mark K.
Jul 07, 2015

If you have kids or grand kids you want to take, do not buy Gold! Biggest mistake I made! Oceanfront is not a big deal!

Connie M.
Jul 07, 2015

YOU MEAN BECAUSE THE KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL FOR THE GOLD SEASON?

William A.
Jul 07, 2015

Yes, the kids are in school with the exception of the last week of the Gold Season and good luck getting that week. I own two weeks in the Gold season and have not been able to get into my home resort for four years! I ended up buying points to help. I bought ocean front, which was a Big mistake because there are less units. I call first day I can call at 9:00 am and cannot get my weeks. I don't know what happen, but we have been owners for 19 years and the past five years have been totally unacceptable.

Connie M.
Mar 24, 2016

What do low,medium and high seasons mean? Are they the same as bronze, silver, gold and platinum?

Sue F.
Mar 24, 2016

Sue -

Low, medium or high corresponds to the level of demand at the resort that the timeshare week falls into. Platinum would be high season, but owners may differ on how they classify gold or silver. You would need to contact the owner directly to verify the weeks in which a reservation can be made.

If you have further questions, please Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 27, 2019

Week 23 ends with the second week of June (usually the middle of the month)

Scott R.
Aug 28, 2020

The Platinum season is November through April. Summer months are the gold

Bonnie G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.