Club Wyndham Smoky Mountains

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 16, 2008

I am considering buying a resale Wyndham Smoky Mountains timeshare and am new to this so I have some questions!!! First, are there a minium amount of nights to stay or can I just stay 1 or 2 per visit. Second, are the resale owners and the ones who bought from the developer treated any different!!!!! Also I read where you need 300,000 points to become a VIP. Can you get a VIP status with resale points and does VIP amount to that much.(Is there account treated different & how?) Third, I take alot of short stays (1-2 days) on short notice. How difficult will it be for me to get a stay in mid summer (prime time) with only a few days or a couple of weeks notice. Some one with Wyndham Smoky Mountain experience, please help me because I am not sure a timeshare is right for me and maybe I need to continue to stay in motels. randallf12

Randall F.

Last edited by randallf12 on Feb 19, 2008 07:20 AM

Feb 19, 2008

randallf12 wrote:
I am considering buying a resale Wyndham Smoky Mountains timeshare and am new to this so I have some questions!!! First, are there a minium amount of nights to stay or can I just stay 1 or 2 per visit. Second, are the resale owners and the ones who bought from the developer treated any different!!!!! Also I read where you need 300,000 points to become a VIP. Can you get a VIP status with resale points and does VIP amount to that much.(Is there account treated different & how?) Third, I take alot of short stays (1-2 days) on short notice. How difficult will it be for me to get a stay in mid summer (prime time) with only a few days or a couple of weeks notice. Some one with Wyndham Smoky Mountain experience, please help me because I am not sure a timeshare is right for me and maybe I need to continue to stay in motels. randallf12
Aparently, no one uses this website anymore to answer questions. Sorry I wasted my time!!!!!!!!!!!

Randall F.
Feb 19, 2008

randallf12 wrote:
randallf12 wrote:
Aparently, no one uses this website anymore to answer questions. Sorry I wasted my time!!!!!!!!!!!

Randall,

You might post your question in the General area of our forums. That way a lot more people will see it and will respond.

Best of luck!

Marty

Marty F
Sep 04, 2008

I will try to answer your questions. We owned 1,808,000 points in Smoky Mountains until we gave it up this year because of health reasons. No, you will not have VIP status unless you buy from Wyndham, but you will be able to use your points just like anybody else. You will not be treated any different except for the fact that you do not have that VIP. You usually have to stay at least two nights. This resort, though large, is usally very busy in season, so it's hard to get in if you wait too long. The points can be used at any of their resorts. The VIP just gives you certain priviledges such as sometimes discounts if you book at certain times like within 30-60 days of checking in. If you have any oither questions, I would be glad to answer them because we're 15 year members.

Betty

Betty P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.