General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

May 17, 2018

did anyone get any good result (I mean refund) with Sellmytimesharenow.com. I am filing a complain with BBB. LIke to know if it helps.

My website: xăm lông mày có phá tướng không

Erickem B.

Last edited by erickemb on May 28, 2018 02:45 AM

May 17, 2018

BBB is one of the most useless businesses ever .

Don P.
Aug 22, 2018

Hi Diane Contact me for info. May be of benefit to you

Robert K.
Sep 05, 2018

I have had a listing on SMTN for two (2) years and it hasn't sold to this day.

Let me just say that this company is worthless and a waste of money.

They, now, just claim themselves as an advertising company and that is pretty much it.

They won't tell you what has sold in the past as they claim that they are not involved with any of the transactions.

Plus, you have to keep updating your listing if you want it to appear more closer to the top of the listings.

And, they don't respond back in the time indicated (24 hours) it is more like a couple of weeks before anyone will respond back unless you call them and chew them out. (Which I have had to do on various occasions.)

As for buying thru SMTN; it is the owner who paid for the advertisement that you will be in contact with as these people do no leg work at all and just sit there collecting people's money.

So, if you see one on their website and you would like to purchase it, it is helping out those like myself who foolishly paid these scam artists to advertise on this fraudulent website.

I hope this helps anyone who is questioning this company. Don't try to sell through them; but, do try to be cautious when purchasing through their website as some people are just a snake as the developer who sold it in the first place.

Anthony A.
Sep 05, 2018

aa221 wrote:
I have had a listing on SMTN for two (2) years and it hasn't sold to this day....Don't try to sell through them; but, do try to be cautious when purchasing through their website as some people are just a snake as the developer who sold it in the first place.

The reason your unit hasn't sold is probably because you are asking too much for it. This isn't a knock against you personally. SMTN's MO is to charge owners a high listing fee and then try to justify it by suggesting that the owners list their units for way more money than any sane buyer looking to buy a resale would pay for it.

I don't know if you've looked at comparable ads on SMTN but they are usually way out of line for resale prices. If you really want to sell your unit and don't really care how much you get for it, then I would suggest lowering the asking price. Also, try using other sites such as here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). If you're willing to give your unit away for free just to get rid of it and stop having to pay maintenance fees, TUG has a Bargain Deals section that allows you to list for free that you want to give your unit away. You could also try asking the resort to take your unit back.

The key, however, is to list it at a realistic price. Sadly, for over 90% of the units out there, and contrary to what SMTN might try to convince you of, a realistic resale price is about zero dollars.

Lance C.
Sep 07, 2018

I want file a class action lawsuit against SMTN. Send me an email.

Roi E.
Sep 09, 2018

OK, so we fell for it too I guess. And YES I am so mad that I believe a class action suit is in order.

They pressure you to make a decision within days, gave us the impression they were selling to brokers not consumers, when I asked for their website they gave me their LLC name not THE website they are advertising from, nor did they give me any referrals from previous customers that have SOLD.

The Seller's dashboard and the "rolling" offers just "offers" (who cares about offers). If this is real estate why is it not being treated as such. With other properties I can do a search to see when and for what price properties actually sold for.

roie wrote:

Nina C.
Sep 16, 2018

You don't have a snowball's chance in Hades of successfully filing suit against SMTN (or ever seeing any refund).

SMTN is a overpriced "listing" service --- no more, no less. Grossly overpriced and generally ineffective, but certainly not doing anything illegal. Their "clients" make the (poor, but voluntary) choice, entirely of their own free will, to pay far too much money to place a (usually overpriced) "listing" that is unlikely to actually yield any successful results. Savvy buyers are generally not inclined to even take SMTN seriously, if they even bother to look at it at all.

Bad personal decisions are not much of a basis on which to attempt to initiate legal action. No attorney I know would ever touch this "case" with a 10 foot pole, as there is little or no prospect for achieving redress.

roie wrote:

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 16, 2018 07:17 AM

Sep 16, 2018

Ken is right . They word their contract so they meet the requirements of your agreement . No one reads the contract before signing it . I'm guilty of that at times myself . Don't shoot the messengers .

Don P.
Oct 17, 2018

Looking for some real info before I buy a timeshare thur SMTN. Thanks. Bert

Robert S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 17, 2018 07:35 AM

Oct 17, 2018

bertskiis wrote:
Looking for some real info before I buy a timeshare thur SMTN. Thanks. Bert

Just be careful that you do not pay too much. SMTN tends to have listings for way above market value. See if you can find a similar unit for sale on other websites such as here on RedWeek, E-Bay, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group.

Also, check to make sure that any unit you see for sale on SMTN is still valid. Many listings tend to sit there for ages and get outdated.

Lance C.
Oct 28, 2018

Since I never signed a contract with them, they just took a direct withdrawal from the estate account, and I never heard from them again, do you think I might have a chance of getting a refund?

Janice B.
Oct 28, 2018

Probably not. Regardless of what an agent said, you are paying to advertise and they advertise. You can request a refund. It sounds like you are probably too late to dispute it through the credit card. If not I would try that next.

Tracey S.
Oct 29, 2018

Janice B. wrote:
Since I never signed a contract with them, they just took a direct withdrawal from the estate account, and I never heard from them again, do you think I might have a chance of getting a refund?

If you managed to get a "refund" from SMTN, I am inclined to believe that you would be the very first person in recorded history ever to do so. They most likely have you on a recorded call, authorizing and engaging their (alleged) "services"; the absence of a signed contract is nothing to hang your hat on. If they got access to funds in an account, then you must have overtly authorized it; they could not possibly otherwise gain access to and / or withdraw money from someone else's funds. For them to ever manage to do that would be outright larceny.

As someone already pointed out above, SMTN is an "advertising / listing" service. If they "advertised / listed" at your request and with your knowledge (and payment), then they fulfilled their obligation, even if their grossly overpriced "advertising / listing service" is almost completely useless.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 30, 2018 04:21 AM

Dec 19, 2018

I am still burnt up about SMTN's shady and fraudulent tactics, telling me my properties were worth over $60k. Of course I believed them and was more than willing to cough up over $5k to make that kind of money. Are you sure I don't have any recourse to get that back? They are such a scam and getting away with it every day! Has anyone filed with the FTC?

Janice B.
Jan 09, 2019

Still interested in class action?

Marriott Frenchman's Cove, January 31, 2017 with NOT one contact and multiple "market adjustments"

Laura K.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 09, 2019 08:40 AM

Feb 01, 2019

Yes I am very interested in a class action.

Janice B.
Feb 01, 2019

janiceb273 wrote:
Yes I am very interested in a class action.

Against whom?

Lance C.
Feb 07, 2019

Sell My Timrshares Now. They are fraudulent.

Janice B.
Feb 07, 2019

janiceb273 wrote:
Sell My Timrshares Now. They are fraudulent.

They are overpriced but I wouldn't say they are fraudulent. How did they commit fraud against you? Frankly, from what I've read about them, I hate their methods but I don't know if they're fraudulent.

Lance C.

Last edited by lancec13 on Feb 07, 2019 08:04 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.