Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Deeded vs. Right to Use

Mar 23, 2008

Hi,

My name is Susan and I'm looking to buy a second week of timeshare in Paradise Island, Bahamas. What is the difference of "deeded" and "right to use", since no one actually owns the timeshare property there is no deed. Can anyone explain this to me?

Susan K.
Mar 23, 2008

Susan, go to top right hand of this page under 'I want to ...' then click search forums, then enter 'deeded vs right to use' then click 'all forums'. You'll find lots of discussions on that subject.

R P.
Apr 13, 2008

susank279 wrote:
Hi,

My name is Susan and I'm looking to buy a second week of timeshare in Paradise Island, Bahamas. What is the difference of "deeded" and "right to use", since no one actually owns the timeshare property there is no deed. Can anyone explain this to me?

Susan, I have a week of timeshare to sell. It is at the Paradise Island Beach Club on Paradise Island. I have just listed it, you may have not seen it yet. Deeded timeshare acutally means that you own the use of the unit and can deed it to your familly. Right to use sets a limit on the number of years you "own" the unit. When the time is up, you no longer "own" the unit. The developer gets the property back and can do whatever. Our unit at Paradise Island Beach Club is for us to use "own" until 2032.

Hope this helps you, and hope you are interested in PIBC, it is an awesome place. We own 3 weeks there! Can not easily travel three weeks now, two will be better for us to be away from home.

Good Luck6

Leslie G.
Jun 19, 2008

We have a deeded property in a Resort. We own that property until WE sell it. It is for life. Right to own is not perminant.

Kay W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.