Mar 29, 2008

I emailed two members of redweek to find out how to pay them and what to do next. I am trying to rent a timeshare for May 24th through the 31st and haven’t had a response back. I know that it may take them a few days, but it has been week now. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you all. I was able to get someone to answer. I didn't get the initial person to answer, but that's ok becuase I got an answer. Yea!!

theresad57

Last edited by theresad57 on Mar 31, 2008 10:15 AM

Mar 29, 2008

theresad57 wrote:
I emailed two members of redweek to find out how to pay them and what to do next. I am trying to rent a timeshare for May 24th through the 31st and haven’t had a response back. I know that it may take them a few days, but it has been week now. What am I doing wrong?

You may have just decided to rent and the owners might be on vacation or out of town,you just never know!

You can send message to Marty and have her try contacting the owner to check.

I know we have our unit listed for July fourth and we will be in Maui until May 31,2008 so if someone contacted us we wouldn't even know it.

We might just pull our unit when we leave for Maui because of the short time left and we would need to start making our plans to use it three weeks later!

This is a problem and why people shouldn't wait to long to start planning just in case owners don't get right back to you. Hope you have plenty of time!

Phil L.
Mar 29, 2008

theresad57 wrote:
Welcome to the club! I have emailed 3 owners on Red Week and aprox. 30 owners on other sites that specialize in renting time shares for owners. Guess how many responses I have gotten? 1! From an owner to tell me her unit had been rented already. I started my search 3 weeks ago as I am going to Orlando week 14. Now you would think that owners who have their units listed and are actually trying to rent out their units week14 would be getting anxious and would check their emails on a regular basis! I would. I will probably wind up getting my vacation on EBay or Skyauction. Good luck with your quest.

Bryan G.
Mar 29, 2008

theresad57 wrote:

Please be sure to aways check your spam folders on your email account as the owner's replies might be filtered out depending on your email settings. You might try sending another email and include your phone number (if you feel comfortable) then continue to check your email and spam filters. If the owner also has your phone number then they have another way to contact you.

If you don't have any success of hearing back from any owners please be sure to email support@redweek.com so that we can further assist you.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Mar 29, 2008

marty8084 wrote:
theresad57 wrote:

Please be sure to aways check your spam folders on your email account as the owner's replies might be filtered out depending on your email settings. You might try sending another email and include your phone number (if you feel comfortable) then continue to check your email and spam filters. If the owner also has your phone number then they have another way to contact you.

If you don't have any success of hearing back from any owners please be sure to email support@redweek.com so that we can further assist you.

Thanks, Marty

I would assume that if I got your email that I would have gotten any owners' replies also. Do their responses come through your service? I have tried three more requests today, but time is running short. How about owners who have floating weeks, is a week enough time for them to reserve? I'm sure it varies by resort, but in general? thanks.

Bryan G.
Mar 30, 2008

bryang31 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
theresad57 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

I would assume that if I got your email that I would have gotten any owners' replies also. Do their responses come through your service? I have tried three more requests today, but time is running short. How about owners who have floating weeks, is a week enough time for them to reserve? I'm sure it varies by resort, but in general? thanks.
I have been able to reserve my unit with less than a weeks notice. They are even great about giving points back if the resort happens to not be full. Very unusual but this year there was snow and people could not get to the resort and we go points back even though we made it there.

Laura L.
Apr 01, 2008

[We are also looking to rent for the first time that last week in May if you have any advice!

Marci E.
Apr 03, 2008

bryang31 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
theresad57 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

When you send an inquiry through a posting page do you check to have a copy emailed to yourself? If you do and are getting the copies than that's a good indication that you should be receiving the owner's replies.

The floating weeks are a little more time consuming because the owner would need to contact their resort to see if that week is available. If it is then you both can work out a transaction but if that week isn't available then you will have to keep looking. If you aren't able to hear back from any owners please be sure to email support@redweek.com so we can further help.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.