Travel Tips & Advice

ANOTHER AIRLINES JUST CLOSED ITS DOORS

Apr 03, 2008

Just like Aloha Air closing March 31,2008 now ATA has closed their doors.

It is sad that I get all this information from Tug and not the airline or travel agencys first.

It took four days to hear from II travel and they had no idea I called and talk to them on 3/30 and was told they have nothing to do with it.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Apr 03, 2008

I'm just praying that Allegiant Air doesn't close it's doors. We have airfare booked with them in May to Ft. Lauderdale.

R P.
Apr 05, 2008

jayjay wrote:
I'm just praying that Allegiant Air doesn't close it's doors. We have airfare booked with them in May to Ft. Lauderdale.

SKYBUS just went out of business and filing Bankrupt papers this monday per reports.

Allegiant Air is closing down on 5/31 so you might check it out and get your ticket refund now!

Phil L.
Apr 06, 2008

phill12 wrote:
Allegiant Air is closing down on 5/31 so you might check it out and get your ticket refund now!

Actually, Allegiant is shutting down it's service only out of Greensboro, NC May 31 due to lack of customers .... Allegiant Air isn't completely shutting down, so far.

We'll be flying out of Chattanooga and every flight we've taken out of Chattanooga to Florida has been packed both going and returning. I just hope the high cost of fuel doesn't alter their services out of smaller airports such as Chattanooga in the future.

Allegiant Air's headquarters are in Las Vegas and they have many flights from areas all over the USA to Vegas, so I don't believe they'll ever completely shut down ... perhaps just some smaller locations.

R P.
Jul 14, 2008

so sad about it

Justbeit J.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 14, 2008 01:38 PM

Jul 17, 2008

Just had a e-mail July15th and I called to make sure I understood the facts!

One of my favorite airlines is closing down their passenger business Sept 2,2008 and that is Express Jet!

We fly with them from Sacramento to Colorado Springs couple times now and have never had better flights, service and on time than these people.

What a class act to that they sent e-mails out to all their freqent Flyers customers in advance. This way you have a chance to use your points.

I called today and the lady was so nice and offered to help me with my points or anything else I needed.

They are going into the freight and charter business as of Sept 2,2008.

PHILL

Phil L.
Jul 29, 2008

Airfare can be a stranglehold whether it is domestic or international. More often than not, international airfare costs a great deal more than domestic airfare. There are several ways that you can fly out of the country without griping too much about the state of your wallet.

James A.
Jul 30, 2008

jamesa301 wrote:
There are several ways that you can fly out of the country without griping too much about the state of your wallet.
============ Just join the Army. :).

All kidding aside, we should give all our service men and women a big HOORAY.

Mike N.
Jul 30, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
jamesa301 wrote:
There are several ways that you can fly out of the country without griping too much about the state of your wallet.

OOH RAH!! My son had three free trips to Iraq!! Although the third trip was a Pacific cruise with wonderful ports in Guam, Singapore, Perth and Hawaii. He's a Marine. 2nd son is a Marine officer and will see all of the world. :-) He'll be doing the flying.

Marty F
Jul 31, 2008

marty8084 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
jamesa301 wrote:

OOH RAH!! My son had three free trips to Iraq!! Although the third trip was a Pacific cruise with wonderful ports in Guam, Singapore, Perth and Hawaii. He's a Marine. 2nd son is a Marine officer and will see all of the world. :-) He'll be doing the flying.

====== Semper Fi

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jul 31, 2008 06:22 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.