May 11, 2008

The reviews on this resort are pretty old. Anybody been there recently?

The last one makes it sound like there was a serious upgrade in 2004.

Randy C.
Nov 01, 2012

We were just at this resort Oct. 13/2012. Stayed in 200 bldg and found it absolutely spotless. Grounds well kept and front desk very helpful and friendly. It has definitely been updated. Kitchen cupboards all new, new furniture, hallways very clean although paint could be a shade or two lighter. Carpets very clean. It is definitely an older resort but we found it great. Close to many amenities, short walk to the ocean and so easy to get to. Very quiet which we enjoyed. Hope this is helpful.

William B.
Feb 10, 2013

I also was there in October, 2012, and have stayed there regularly over several years. The Players Club units and grounds have been not only updated but are being CONTINUALLY updated. Updated kitchens, baths, furniture, bedding, carpet and window coverings are the standard. Flat screen televisions are in every unit and it seems as if the resort is putting them into all the bedrooms, too. Everything seems to have been freshly painted. Bed mattresses are very comfortable and seem to have been replaced routinely on a schedule. Sheets and towels are new and bathroom and kitchen amenities are freely available although the resort tries to encourage conservation and economy. They even supply pool towels for the guests! The units, as well as the grounds, are immaculate, the front doors and windows are windexed daily, at the least, and usually twice a day. The staff is very welcoming and especially responsive to any request or guest needs. The front desk staff is knowledgeable and service oriented and will try to assist any guest's request. This resort is a hidden gem. Previous reviews mentioned the quick walk to the beach; it is also a very short walk to several restaurants and coffee shops. There used to be a shuttle bus from the airport which cost about $40 but it is probably more by now. If you just want a week of sun, beaches and very casual dining I think you might even be able to get away without renting a car! AND, try to spend an afternoon, or two, at the Tiki Hut down the beach in front of the Holiday Inn. Good drinks, good music, sometimes a volleyball game to watch and friendly crowd of ages 20+ to 60s and 70s. I hope this review is helpful. I think you'll enjoy your stay!

S R.

Last edited by sr141 on Feb 10, 2013 01:36 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.