Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

"The Villa Trader" is a timeshare related scam company and not affiliated in any way with Villa Trader - http://villatrader.com

Dec 24, 2008

patricks100 wrote:
I have never really done anything like this but i actually owned a timeshare property at the El Cid i had vip status i owned over 300k points ibought them for 23.5k.The company known as The Villa Trader contacted me said they had a buyer on the spot said said the fee would be $2000 to finalize the sale they said it would take 30-90 days to recieve my check.I got a moneygram for 25k about 2 weeks after there closing process

I was born early in the morning, but it was not YESTERDAY morning.

Anyone who believes that ANY Mexican timeshare ANYWHERE was EVER sold resale for $25k, please contact me. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you --- for a mere fraction of that amount!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 24, 2008 12:01 PM

Dec 24, 2008

well you can believe what you like but all redweek is is a listing company and your timeshare will never sell like that either

Shawn A.
Dec 24, 2008

OK Ken do you understand that everything in Mexico timeshares are under a point system? So do your Homework befor you speak. Each point costs around 20-30 cent. So if someone has a million points thats a good chunk of change. These things are worth money.

Imthe O.
Dec 25, 2008

It's quite obvious the people defending Villa Trader here are shills (and probably the same person) that work for Villa Trader.

R P.
Dec 26, 2008

Dont dog it till ya tried it baby. As someone else said.

Imthe O.
Dec 26, 2008

imtheo babbles on: >>....do you understand that everything in Mexico timeshares are under a point system? << ================================================

Actually, I have no interest at all in Mexican timeshares. That much clearly stated, I still certainly know that you are absolutely WRONG that "all Mexican timeshares are under a point system". Mexican law (...such as it is) does have some prohibitions against U.S. citizen ownership of certain property. As a result of this restriction, virtually all timeshare purchases in Mexico by U.S. citizens are, by definition, some form of contractual "right to use" (RTU), with a defined and finite time period. This is distinctly different from actual deeded property ownership. However, for you to just indiscriminately (and quite inaccurately) proclaim that "everything in Mexico timeshares are under a point system" is simply factually incorrect. I certainly know that much just by accident, even having no particular interest in the subject at all.

Why don't you give it up, move on, and try to ply your unpersuasive "con" elsewhere? I suggest Timeshare Users Group (TUG), where you'd be promptly disemboweled by the more knowledgeable and experienced populace there. Frankly, you're beginning to embarass yourself...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 26, 2008 04:53 PM

Dec 26, 2008

ken1193 wrote:
imtheo babbles on: >>....do you understand that everything in Mexico timeshares are under a point system? << ================================================

Actually, I have no interest at all in Mexican timeshares. That much clearly stated, I still certainly know that you are absolutely WRONG that "all Mexican timeshares are under a point system". Mexican law (...such as it is) does have some prohibitions against U.S. citizen ownership of certain property. As a result of this restriction, virtually all timeshare purchases in Mexico by U.S. citizens are, by definition, some form of contractual "right to use" (RTU), with a defined and finite time period. This is distinctly different from actual deeded property ownership. However, for you to just indiscriminately (and quite inaccurately) proclaim that "everything in Mexico timeshares are under a point system" is simply factually incorrect. I certainly know that much just by accident, even having no particular interest in the subject at all.

Why don't you give it up, move on, and try to ply your unpersuasive "con" elsewhere? I suggest Timeshare Users Group (TUG), where you'd be promptly disemboweled by the more knowledgeable and experienced populace there. Frankly, you're beginning to embarass yourself...

(Not to mention the English Teacher as well...)

Bruce Z.
Jan 05, 2009

What has happend here?..Just when the 'noise' was getting interesting, all the participants suddenly died.... Pity!

Donald D.
Jan 05, 2009

donaldd67 wrote:
What has happend here?..Just when the 'noise' was getting interesting, all the participants suddenly died.... Pity!
===============================================

What has "happened" here was that the Villa Trader shill, posing as several different people but ultimately revealed as actually being just one and the same individual plugging a deceptive "con" operation, was driven off from this site and "blocked" from further postings. Hence the quieting of the associated "noise". No real loss --- and good riddance.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 05, 2009 07:30 AM

Jan 05, 2009

The shill supply has thinned slightly...

We're all waiting for the next fabricated "satisfied customer" to appear.

It's easier to swat flies after they've landed.

Bruce Z.
Jan 06, 2009

Sir, tell them to take the money out from the deal. DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME. that's how it works. Sounds a little shady in my book.

Dan

Danny R.
Jan 10, 2009

i have no idea how "reputable" these people are HOWEVER, their sales person, les is LESS than professional by a long shot...he could not and would not explain exactly the line by line financial breakdown, said he had clients that he was feeding donuts to while he talked to me and i better make up my mind. later when the finance man called, he put me back with les who ended our conversation with "thanks for wasting my F......ing time." and hung up....hmmmmmm what a sales force that represents.

Marsha E.
Jan 11, 2009

marshae14 wrote:
later when the finance man called, he put me back with les who ended our conversation with "thanks for wasting my F......ing time." and hung up....hmmmmmm what a sales force that represents.

These people are getting DESPERATE due to the education Redweek and other timeshare forum sites are spreading. They dole out a load of BS that's too good to be true, and when a prospective client resists, then they throw a hissy fit when their scam didn't work. What goes around comes around.

R P.
Feb 05, 2009

I just recd a phone call from James @ Villatrader offering to sell our timeshare. You know the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"! VillaTrader was willing to sell our timeshare at the Westin Regina in Cancun. James did not say he had a buyer; simply that they were doing presentations at the property in the near future. He told me our timeshare should be worth approx. $31K. I specifically asked about fees. He said there were no "upfront" fees involved but once the buyer was approved and made a 10-20% non-refundable down payment, we would need to pay a $2000 conveyance fee using our credit card and that we should receive our check for the agreed-upon purchase price in approx. 45 days. James said we would be notified if an interested seller made an offer either higher or lower than the agreed upon price. HELP - I would like to believe this is an honest company but I am having difficulty doing so. Thank you.

Kathie T.
Feb 05, 2009

I have 3 words for you "Don't do it"

Dan

Danny R.
Feb 05, 2009

Kathiet8, did you not read the two pages on this subject!There is also other posting with more pages about them.

Run, do not look back and do not give them any money or you will be donating and not even get tax write-off.

These companies have been talked about many times on these forums and Villa had one or two people posting as happy customers.

This is just a changed game plan of paying after a so-called buyer will make a deposit for your unit. What will probably happen is you then will give them your credit card number and within minutes the $2000 will show up on your acct. Then the secret buyer will back out and you will be out your money and most likely won't get this James on the phone again.

If you want to give the $2000 away for nothing send it to me and I will spend it in Lake Tahoe this July.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Feb 08, 2009 09:55 PM

Feb 06, 2009

phill12 wrote:
If you want to give the $2000 away for nothing send it to me and I will spend it in Lake Tahoe this July.

PHILL12

Hey Phil, How 'bout we split it?

Mike

Mike N.
Feb 06, 2009

Sounds good Mike!

We even have a second bedroom available other than the nights my daughter comes up.

I 'm trying a new game plan here called being honest and promising only to spend the money gambling in Lake Tahoe.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Feb 06, 2009

Amen Jay Jay. That says it all. Shills working for Villa Trader. Surely we can't be the only two people who see through this ad. If so then we are Einsteinx2

PS About that bridge....

Patricia T.
Feb 06, 2009

Kathy. ARe you a blonde or what? I'm sure you would like to believe Villa Trader is an honest company. I would like to believe that that guy in Nigeria who is holding 3 billion based upon my lucky e mail is just waiting for my bank account # in which to deposit the money. Puleeze........Wake up and smell the coffee. These people know what they are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patricia T.

Last edited by patriciagayle on Feb 06, 2009 10:59 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.