Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

collect before they take the vacation

Jul 25, 2008

I had sold a week to a person in Florida, said she was purchasing it for a friend, I talked with her by phone several times she seemed sincere. She finally paid for the week but not on time. I had another week at a different location, she wanted both in the same area. Since the vacation was fast approaching and I had not rented the other out I offered it to her at a reduced price. I had to pay to have a guest put on the reservation. She said she would send money but did not, I believed her that she would send money even if it was after the trip. It has been 2 weeks no word from her, I have e mailed her, wanted to know how the whole trip and accomodations were. No reply. I could have saved the guest fee. Cancelled and rebooked for a area closer to home state and gifted to a relative. Do not let them trick you into thinking they will send money after the trip is taken. Im sure she feels like I would have lost the week so she may as well have used it. I do not feel the same way. Has anyone else had the same experience.

Anita F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.