Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Oct 17, 2011

Post on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DiamondResortsInternational

Zack M.
Oct 17, 2011

Wow! Congratulations, Pamela on the win against DRI. I haven't checked here for awhile and it seems that this is the first time I heard the results from the judge/court of appeals. Is there anyway you can email pertinent information from the trial to me? I've checked out your website (canyoutrustthem.com) before and will look again, also.

Pls. send to: connexcindy@sbcglobal.net Thanks, Cindy

Cindy K.
Oct 18, 2011

http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpSearch.aspx Check out this website for Nevada Secretary of State Type in a business search for Diamond Resorts and you will see approximately 28 registered corporations. Can you imagine the commingling that could go on between their own companies? You will see that the great majority are all LLC's (Limited Liability Corporations) which is a vehicle for a company to collapse and not be liable..... no surprise there! It would not surprise me that they have corporations or LLC's in other states such as Florida. The only way they stopped Capone was with the IRS.........

Keith P.
Oct 18, 2011

We bought a one bed room unit in Diamond Resorts Maui Kaanapali Beach Club for one week in July 2009 under Hawai Collection. We just received in mail that we have a maintence fee of $2434.53 for 2012. Part of the fee of $1103.73 for the Point at Poipu for water intrusion assessment. The Diamond Resorts CEO and management already know the water intrusion several years ago before we bought our unit. But Diamond did not disclose to us that we are liable to pay for the Poipu water intrusion repairs of $25,356,399 for 2012 budget. We don't know how Diamond Resorts arrive for the assessment for other non-Poipu owners for the fees including the owners from Kaanapali Beach Club, the Villas at Polo Towers, and Sedona Summit Resort. We must file a complaint against Diamond Resorts. We all must ask for their records. This is totally unfair and illegal for selling the time share units without disclose the major defects to the buyers. We must work together to get this problem resolved from Diamond. If we don't pay the water intrustion fee, we may face the collection and down grading of our credit. What Can we do together?

Edward L.
Oct 18, 2011

I am another worried and angry diamond member who just received the invoice that I owe 3,453.47 by January 1! We must all as a group do something about this. If any other members have ideas, support or advice please email: jennydriskill@hotmail.com

Jennifer D.

Last edited by jenniferd477 on Oct 18, 2011 05:10 PM

Oct 18, 2011

Questions to ask DRI if you are going to the meeting:

We should have a right to see these documents.

1. Were they aware of the problem when they took over management of the resort? 2. We would like a copy of the insurance policy for the resort. 3. Why wouldn't we want to spend $1,000,000 on litigation against the insurance company versus spending $65,000,000 - $80,000,000 and let the insurance company off without liability of the policy. 4. Provide the Engineering Reports regarding these water intrusion issues. 5. Provide the Contract that has been executed with the contractor that is going to do the work. 6. Provide the proposals that were received by all the contractors.

Keith P.
Oct 18, 2011

I checked on Facebook. There is not one single post regarding these fees. Has anyone posted? Is DRI able to remove negative posts?

Jamie F.

Last edited by jamief32 on Oct 18, 2011 09:59 PM

Oct 18, 2011

jamief32 wrote:
I checked on Facebook. There is not one single post regarding these fees. Has anyone posted? Is DRI able to remove negative posts?

Yes, they can edit and remove negative posts, which I'm sure there are a lot of considering this special assessment billing for the water intrusion at the Point at Poipu is probably the largest such assessment in the timeshare industry history.

There has been a FB page set up for people who are outraged over the special assessment, and there is also an independent website for Point at Poipu owners who have been upset in general over the past several years by the escalating maintenance fees and the HOA and DRI's management of the resort. The goal is to amass as many names of deeded owners to mount a challenge to the current HOA. If you received a special assessment as part of the Hawa'i Collection trust, I'm not sure what your option are.

Laurie B.
Oct 18, 2011

Diamond Resorts has set up two meetings in California to talk about the water intrusion issue and the assessments. Wednesday, October 19th in SoCal and Thursday, October 20th in San Francisco. They are having one meeting each day for the Club owners followed by a meeting with the deeded weeks owners that are being assessed approximately $6,000 per unit, per interval. I urge you to register at one or both websites so you can gather information and see what action can take place to prevent these people from ripping us off. www.KBCowners.com www.PoipuPoint.org and follow on Facebook page Point of Poipu Angry Owners

Keith P.
Oct 19, 2011

Have a look at http://drip.enjin.com/ a British protestors website. There have been some interesting developments re DRI over there.

Dennis H.
Oct 19, 2011

Removed to protect privacy

Adrienne S.

Last edited by adriennes23 on Oct 19, 2011 04:28 PM

Oct 19, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/DiamondResortsInternational/posts/10150489016428066

Zack M.
Oct 19, 2011

Not so surprising, I can see the comment when I use the link you provided. But, if I actually look through the thread of all the comments on their facebook page posted "supposedly" by "Everyone (Most Recent)", it's not there. Hmmmmm.....

Adrienne S.

Last edited by adriennes23 on Oct 19, 2011 02:19 PM

Oct 19, 2011

I am very interested in a class action lawsuit or any thing else we can do. This assesment is outrageous! I own close to $15,000. There has been very little communication from DRI and know that they will not stop at this amount. I have contacted The Attorney General's Office in Hawaii and will send my RICO form tomorrow. I asked about how many complaints they have for DRI and was told "quite a few".

Sylvia F.
Oct 19, 2011

I'm calling the Real Estate's office of the Arizona Attorney General's office and will ask them to consider action with other Atty General offices form other states. I'll let you know what they say. Since they forwarded my original complaint to NV...they have already touched upon a multi-state problem here with DRI.

Would you do the same for your state? Thanks in advance.

Cindy K.
Oct 19, 2011

If we involve the Attorney General's office we are communicating that this is not just a contractual dispute! They have purposely withheld vital information, and even the right to our properties (yes, I can get access to my property as a non-member but when I sign on as a member suddenly all the weeks available go away!!); they have defrauded and they know what they are doing.

Is there anyone that has worked with DRI that can come forward and give information which we can pass along to the ATTY GNL? Please, please do so.

Cindy K.
Oct 20, 2011

me contacts with people who worked for DRI. Those presently working too but too scared as Cloobeck immediately fires them.. There is one you could contact but he is a Politician... and so!! That is probably where Cloobeck obtained his connections here... the Inspectorate of taxes told me that he had to open an office here and they have not. There is also a reporter on ST Maarten who could help. You all need to contact the show American Greed who focuses on people like Cloobeck. He is cheating so many people including me.. and I have no cash now to keep my case going yet but I will... Let me know if I can be of any help. I have to get the official translation of my two cases I WON they LOST here on St Maarten for you... Pamela

Pamela J.
Oct 20, 2011

edwardl69 wrote:
We bought a one bed room unit in Diamond Resorts Maui Kaanapali Beach Club for one week in July 2009 under Hawai Collection. We just received in mail that we have a maintence fee of $2434.53 for 2012. Part of the fee of $1103.73 for the Point at Poipu for water intrusion assessment. The Diamond Resorts CEO and management already know the water intrusion several years ago before we bought our unit. But Diamond did not disclose to us that we are liable to pay for the Poipu water intrusion repairs of $25,356,399 for 2012 budget. We don't know how Diamond Resorts arrive for the assessment for other non-Poipu owners for the fees including the owners from Kaanapali Beach Club, the Villas at Polo Towers, and Sedona Summit Resort. We must file a complaint against Diamond Resorts. We all must ask for their records. This is totally unfair and illegal for selling the time share units without disclose the major defects to the buyers. We must work together to get this problem resolved from Diamond. If we don't pay the water intrustion fee, we may face the collection and down grading of our credit. What Can we do together?
You should post this info at TS4MS Timeshare Forums Diamond Resorts . This is great info for those following this issue.

Ron W.
Oct 20, 2011

Number 1 priority is for people with voting rights STOP GIVING THE DIAMOND CONTROLLED BOARD YOUR PROXY for election of the Board of directors! Even if we are able to remove DRI at some point, we will need to effect some repairs. However, they maybe far less expensive. DRI has stated that they built a margin into the amount to help assure coverage for defaulting owners. In other words, this may be a $36-45M dollar project for which they are billing to $66M to collect from those that will pay. Also if we remove their $1.3M "management fee" from the resort that reduces expenses as well. That fee btw is just pure profit above and beyond the expenses such as maintenance of buildings, purchases, staffing and grounds keeping. That is just to gild the halls of their offices!

David L.

Last edited by davidl712 on Oct 20, 2011 12:10 PM

Oct 20, 2011

This may be a small protest, but don't pay the $5.00 Political Action fee they build in to the bill. It is $5.00 but that money is used by DRI to lobby government officials for their own benefit. The truth is that the government and the company are in this together. I checked the political contributions website and discovered that in the 2008 election cycle, the owner of DRI donated almost $90,000 to Hillary Clinton and other Nevada politicians.

Philip B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.