Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 38 of 48

«  prev page   1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48   next page  »

Message Author

By Robert R.

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

charless345 wrote:
Michaeld,

This weekend I went to inquire about an RV. Now that was high pressure. I had done some reading about RV's prior to going and spoken with several people about them. I found that the salesman mentioned all of the pluses but none of the big minuses. He tried his darndest to get me to buy, but i did not.

Here the difference between me buying a timeshare and buying a RV. When I buy the RV, it's a done deal. I cannot return it. There is no cooling off period.

When one buys a timeshare, you have 7 days to review all information and then make a decision to return it or not. You I would suggest that you take your settlement or whatever you received from DRI and move on. If you had a legitimate concern or were frauded, then take the paperwork that you were provided that DRI frauded you on to a lawyer and sue them. Since you are so sure that fraud occurred, you know you would get your money back over time in legal fees. After a while, at least in my opinion, your posts become so old and so annoying.

I don't know where you get a cooling off period when purchasing a timeshare. When I bought at Los Abrigados from ILX I had none. That's in Arizona. Then DRI came in and took over. My maintenance fees have risen 42%. I went to an "update" with Diamond Resorts and they almost convinced me that giving them more money for more points would be better. At the signing of the papers I was told there was NO COOLING OFF PERIOD. At that point I walked.

6 years ago
Jan 24, 2013

By B S.

"I don't know where you get a cooling off period when purchasing a timeshare. When I bought at Los Abrigados from ILX I had none. That's in Arizona. Then DRI came in and took over. My maintenance fees have risen 42%. I went to an "update" with Diamond Resorts and they almost convinced me that giving them more money for more points would be better. At the signing of the papers I was told there was NO COOLING OFF PERIOD. At that point I walked."

Here is a state-by-state list of rescission periods from RCI. According to this AZ's period is 7 days. http://rcivip.com/timeshare-rescission-period-in-us/ Here's another from ARDA. http://www.arda.org/uploadedFiles/ARDA/Government_Affairs/Government_Affairs_Call_Out_Boxes/RescissionPeriodsNov2010.pdf

Last edit by bruceb306 on Jan 24, 2013 05:48 PM.

6 years ago
Jan 24, 2013

By David K.

The cooling off period may only apply to real estate transactions, such as the purchase of deeded timeshares. Advise you check to see if this is the case. One reason most resort developers have gone to points or club systems is that people buying into them have less legal standing to cause a hassle for them. For intance, if the deeded timeshare owners, excluding DRI, owned a majority of the property at Los Abrigados and if by some miracle these owners could get together and elect a DRI-hostile majority to the board of directors of the Sedona Vacation Club HOA, they could THEORETICALY oust DRI from management of the property. Not likely, but possible in theory.

6 years ago
Jan 24, 2013

By Traci L.

Hello Peter!

Yes, let's get our names together and find a public interest law firm that may help us ripped-off owners and former owners.

Hawaii has legal aid societies that may help with big, greedy corporations.

6 years ago
Jan 29, 2013

By Cindy K.

It's DRI everywhere - corrupt and apparently protected by courts in some places (http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/als-morning-meeting/83935/thursday-edition-how-journalists-unsealed-secret-court-cases/), and they feel very bold to break laws that are set up to protect consumers. One case in point here is that they DIDN'T EVEN HAVE a public report for their properties in CA until 2010! And, when they produced that public report in small claims court (sending a lawyer, which also isn't allowed by law for small claims) I filed my "Right of Rescission", and they still refused to return monies. It didn't matter to them that even teh CA Dept of Real Estate advocated for them to follow this law.

Please note that this was after the laws they broke in the AZ Public Report, not reporting bankruptcies, and lawsuits as required to the consumer that was asked to buy.

But, I believe the truth does win, in the long run. It will.

tracil45 wrote:
Hello Peter!

Yes, let's get our names together and find a public interest law firm that may help us ripped-off owners and former owners.

6 years ago
Jan 29, 2013

By Cindy S.

I would like to surrender my Diamond Resort contract too. Anymore information or pointers? Thanks

6 years ago
Jan 30, 2013

By Janet F.

I just joined with DRI this January as they assured me that my Monarch Timeshare would no longer exist since DRI was taking Monarch over. Turns out to be lie #1. I recceived my maintenance statement immediately--double Monarch fees. In regards to maintenance fees I can no longer pay quarterly. Yeserday, I spent 1hour and 10 minutes to no avail requesting that maintenance fees be paid quarterly . When I contact them they just stonewall. I quoted Cloobeck's committment philosophy sheet given to me by the misrepresentor at the presentation that enticed me to upgrade-- "The Meaning of Yes " in which he states "it doesn"t make a difference what the customer askes: the answer is still yes". I was told that doesn't mean EVERYTHING! Monarch is still a viable entity. I just want to go back to my former status quo. I am a 77 year old retired teacher and can not absorb the $23,000 plus $3200/year maintenance fees plus I already gave them $2300. Had I known this about fees I would not have given in to all their falseness. And to add insult to injury I have not been able to book a reservation where I always could. What is happening with classaction suits against this underhandedncompany?

6 years ago
Feb 21, 2013

By Janet F.

I just joined DRI in January and already realize my folly. What progress have u made?

janetf155

6 years ago
Feb 21, 2013

By Janet F.

Just made the mistake of getting involved with DRI as a result of their misrepresenting statements actually their lies! What progress have you made against them?

janetf155

cindyk175 wrote:
Hello DRI Hawaii friends,

This appears more complicated now with the clear connection to politics that we did not choose, but DRI/Cloobeck did...

Please don't separate yourselves from the rest of the DRI folk. DRI isn't just a Hawaii group. They didn't start in Hawaii, and their main offices are in Las Vegas. To make it even more interesting, last year - to my utter amazement - I found that they were in the same office as Interval International, and my first observations were that Interval Int'l (which exchanges our DRI points/weeks for other resorts) were more closely tied to DRI than just that...and it seemed wrong. I didn't pursue that any more, just yet.

My point is that this is political because Cloobeck is using our funds to make it so!! Obama's "home" state is Hawaii!! The complicated nature of this means that the more national and international (e.g. St. Maarten) irregularities/injustices need to be brought to bear upon any battle...especially as our St. Maarten DRI friends have already won their/her skirmish and the judge there dared to say that he knew more. My hope is the rebel state AZ might take this more seriously. I know that it was eventually moved to the Sr. Investigator and they wanted to know if I was a lawyer b/c of the amount of research I'd done. They took note.

Yet, the way that Arizona treated my case - sending it to Nevada - may say more. Perhaps it really is NV Atty Gen'l that AZ is trying to "awaken" ...Perhaps AZ is saying to them that the US and Int'l travel community is appalled that such theft is being allowed by a company in their state with offices worldwide.

Please don't leave out the larger community here. I think that although it complicates things to think more globally than Hawaii, the reality is just that. There are more people who hopefully can join with us. What if the NV Atty-General begins to hear that judges are making these determinations against the company lodged in their state!

6 years ago
Feb 21, 2013

By Janet F.

Count me in! janetf155

tracil45 wrote:
Hello Peter!

6 years ago
Feb 21, 2013

By Sheri K.

Cindy, we walked away from our points one year ago and my credit isn't affected because they cannot go after you for something you paid for already. And since our maintenance fees were current, they couldn't go after us for fees that we hadn't used yet. It's in the Guidebook that they simply will terminate you. I know it says they may go after you for non-payment but that is only if you owe them for any outstanding loans or maintenance fees.

Last edit by sherik43 on Feb 21, 2013 12:44 PM.

6 years ago
Feb 21, 2013

By Janet F.

I am a very unhappy new owner.Just found this site and sm awondering what has transpired with you.

michaeld414 wrote:
sherik43 wrote:
Hi Phil:

I'm compiling my list and letter as we speak and will probably mail out after Christmas. I will send it to Billing and Collections Dept,. Attention Ricky with CC to others. When I get close to sending, I'll shoot you a copy from my gmail account which will have the names of others and possibly those that I've spoken to specifically regarding the reason we're letting our membership go. I haven't compiled the groups mentioned in this forum but will look into adding whoever may be interested in the CC.

What are your going to do?

I would like to talk with you about your choice to surrender your points membership...I got your email from "Redweek", and wanted to ask you who you talked with at Diamond, and how you came to the decision to give your membership back, and even if that is possible... We just returned from Kauai a week ago, we tried to have a meeting with a Diamond Representative, but they just shuffled us into a sales presentation.. We told them prior to our arrival that we would not attend any sales presentations as we surely would not buy another dimes worth of anything Diamond had to sell... So after we walked out in disgust from their attempt to do a sales pitch, the manager called us to apologise, and I again asked to see a Diamond Rep as now we were angry... They scheduled a meeting that was represented to be with the "Project Manager", it was nothing but another sales presentation... They refused to answer any of our questions, and when we said that we were considering walking away from our 31,000 points (paid for), they said that Diamond was not involved, it was the "Owners Association"...

My Question to you is, Are you going to give back your membership points, and if so who have you arranged that with...? We could not get an answer to that question or any other questions... I view Diamond as an ongoing fraud, and an ongoing criminal enterprise, and we are strongly considering walking away from the $ 55,000 we paid as well we have 31,000 points rolled over into 2012... But we are sick to death with Diamond...

6 years ago
Feb 21, 2013

By Charles S.

janetf155 wrote:
I am a very unhappy new owner.Just found this site and sm awondering what has transpired with you.

michaeld414 wrote:
sherik43 wrote:
Hi Phil:

I'm compiling my list and letter as we speak and will probably mail out after Christmas. I will send it to Billing and Collections Dept,. Attention Ricky with CC to others. When I get close to sending, I'll shoot you a copy from my gmail account which will have the names of others and possibly those that I've spoken to specifically regarding the reason we're letting our membership go. I haven't compiled the groups mentioned in this forum but will look into adding whoever may be interested in the CC.

What are your going to do?

I would like to talk with you about your choice to surrender your points membership...I got your email from "Redweek", and wanted to ask you who you talked with at Diamond, and how you came to the decision to give your membership back, and even if that is possible... We just returned from Kauai a week ago, we tried to have a meeting with a Diamond Representative, but they just shuffled us into a sales presentation.. We told them prior to our arrival that we would not attend any sales presentations as we surely would not buy another dimes worth of anything Diamond had to sell... So after we walked out in disgust from their attempt to do a sales pitch, the manager called us to apologise, and I again asked to see a Diamond Rep as now we were angry... They scheduled a meeting that was represented to be with the "Project Manager", it was nothing but another sales presentation... They refused to answer any of our questions, and when we said that we were considering walking away from our 31,000 points (paid for), they said that Diamond was not involved, it was the "Owners Association"...

My Question to you is, Are you going to give back your membership points, and if so who have you arranged that with...? We could not get an answer to that question or any other questions... I view Diamond as an ongoing fraud, and an ongoing criminal enterprise, and we are strongly considering walking away from the $ 55,000 we paid as well we have 31,000 points rolled over into 2012... But we are sick to death with Diamond...

Go to facebook.com and search that site for the Diamond Resorts Members group. We are Diamond all owners there and will give you some assistance of some ideas to resolve your situation and/or how to make the use of your membership.

Avatar for Charles S. Charles S.

6 years ago
Feb 21, 2013

By Charles S.

janetf155 wrote:
Count me in! janetf155

tracil45 wrote:
Hello Peter!

The lawsuit was settled.

Avatar for Charles S. Charles S.

6 years ago
Feb 21, 2013

By Michael D.

charless345 wrote:
janetf155 wrote:
Count me in! janetf155

tracil45 wrote:
Hello Peter!

The lawsuit was settled.

The Lawsuit was a sell out not a settlement... By the way ":How did the latest election work out for all of you" in light of that "settlement"

Avatar for Michael D. Michael D.

6 years ago
Feb 22, 2013

By B S.

charless345 wrote:
janetf155 wrote:
Count me in! janetf155

tracil45 wrote:
Hello Peter!

The lawsuit was settled.

The "Proposed Settlement" has yet to be approved by the Court.

6 years ago
Feb 22, 2013

By Jan S.

sherik43 wrote:
Cindy, we walked away from our points one year ago and my credit isn't affected because they cannot go after you for something you paid for already. And since our maintenance fees were current, they couldn't go after us for fees that we hadn't used yet. It's in the Guidebook that they simply will terminate you. I know it says they may go after you for non-payment but that is only if you owe them for any outstanding loans or maintenance fees.

-- Did you walk away-- by writing a letter to terminate?--- what happened the next year when maint. fees were due??? thanks Jan

6 years ago
Feb 22, 2013

By Hovhannes A.

Hello everyone. We are 'former' owner of Monarch. When DRI took over, they called and tried to 'include' us in their 'family' to get more benefits. After my homework I realized the maintenance fees will be more than what we would pay for any vacation outside of timeshare and had to reject their offer. They were very angry about that. Now I don't know what I can do with my old Monarch points. We still have our deposit in Interval International and can use it. Hope it will continue same way since we always used Interval for our vacations. I will be happy to be part of this group and learn more about DRI since they now own Monarch and our contract. I am not happy with this transition after seeing how DRI is treating its members.

Avatar for Hovhannes A. Hovhannes A.

6 years ago
Feb 23, 2013

By Jan S.

I

sherik43 wrote:

not sure how to read responses to this- my email is sunshinevalues@gmail.com- how did you get out of maint. fees for the next year??? thanks

6 years ago
Feb 23, 2013

By Sheri K.

jans241 wrote:
sherik43 wrote:

-- Did you walk away-- by writing a letter to terminate?--- what happened the next year when maint. fees were due??? thanks Jan

To Jan- we wrote a letter explaining why we were ending our membership. We listed the grievances and we sent it along with the maintenance bill that was due Jan. 2012. We were never sent a late notice for fees due. And we've never been contacted by any collection agency. I checked one of the credit agencies the other day and there are no outstanding bills due. I had an extensive conversation with two customer reps and the collections supervisor who all assured us that per the dri guidebook nonpayment of fees would simply end in termination. Our membership was paid in full and we hadn't used any 2012 points so we didn't pay the maintenance fee.

6 years ago
Feb 23, 2013

page 38 of 48

«  prev page   1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free