Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 41 of 48

«  prev page   1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48   next page  »

Message Author

By Annette R.

If it won't cost anything, how come I paid $2000 to join the Club so I could convert my weeks to points, and now pay almost $300 a year in dues? They told me if I quit the Club, I would revert back to weeks and they would only be good at my resort, no exchanges unless I then joined Interval on my own. So I think what you were told is not true!!

Avatar for Annette R. Annette R.

5 years ago
Jan 25, 2014

By David L.

Nothing that they tell anybody seems to be true.

5 years ago
Jan 25, 2014

By Michael D.

They will tell you anything to get your money, then its screw you

Avatar for Michael D. Michael D.

5 years ago
Jan 25, 2014

By Gail F.

Scottsdale Villa Mirage & Every Other DRI Property

Just don't EVER cave in to the pressure to give up your deed to points. You NEVER legally have to do that. That's what they want from the DEEDED owners, wherever you own, -- to give up the only legal leverage we have. The new DRI regime tries to pressure you and make you think that's what you have to do; but simply, you don't EVER need to cave in to that. Believe me -- they have tried relentlessly with my husband and I for years and haven't succeeded. In the process, we've simply, honestly, been treated very disrespectfully. It's just simply a shame that they disrespect individuals' wishes. It's a very sad reality in life, but it exists. You just have to be smart and very aware in life,

5 years ago
Jan 25, 2014

By David L.

Scottsdale Villa Mirage & Every Other DRI Property

When we travel, we NEVER go to any of their "owner's updates" sales pitches. They will try to schedule us and we say "NO" . I have even gone so far as to threaten to let them schedule us for one every single day and SIMPLY NOT SHOW UP! We are on vacation. I don't give a flip about their money that they are offering me for my time. The truth is, whatever money they offer is so that they can screw us over. No. We say no. You can too. Just say NO. NO MEANS NO. They will not offer or honor a safe word, so just say NO. Better still, walk in, tell them "Write me a check for what I paid." Give them THREE minutes to agree, then leave when they don't. Now their sales person has an 87 minute dead zone to sit through!

5 years ago
Jan 26, 2014

By Annette R.

When I first joined the club with Sunterra, I had two weeks deeded at Sedona Summit. They were converted to points,and I did not realize that I gave up my deed. to do that. Lucky for me a couple of years later, I was talked into buying another week and changing my home resort to Grand Beach. When the salesman saw that I did not have a deed, he made sure the new purchase was for deeded property. So I have both points and a deed. But that was Sunterra, before DRI bought it!

Avatar for Annette R. Annette R.

5 years ago
Jan 26, 2014

By Susan I.

(corrected 1st sentence) I have never signed over the deeded 1 week interest and they still allow me only points - so small an amount that I cannot trade for anything through Interval. Was no problem when run by ILX. And if you live in California, they cannot push you to join their Club as the California State license for that Club has been forfeited! Am researching to find out why. Also, why are the properties in Sedona, where we own, being rented out on Hotels.com? I can rent the same accommodations on-line for less money than the fees they are charging me. A representative told me those rooms were being sold by the timeshare's owners!! Uh, anybody know how to sell your yearly week to Hotels.com?

Last edit by susani67 on Jan 30, 2014 03:43 PM.

5 years ago
Jan 26, 2014

By Susan I.

Scottsdale Villa Mirage

File complaints with your State's Bureau of Real Estate and the Better Business Bureau. Don't know if it will help yet, but that's what I'm doing.

Last edit by susani67 on Jan 26, 2014 05:02 PM.

5 years ago
Jan 26, 2014

By Susan I.

Check with your state's licensing bureau. DRI's Club license, which allows them to do business in California, has been forfeited! Also call your state's real estate bureau. They can advise you on how to file a complaint for the fraudulent practices DRI is shoving down our throats.

5 years ago
Jan 26, 2014

By David K.

PLEASE go to the ABC News website at this URL:

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20

and request that 20/20 investigate DRI. Be sure to make reference to the whitewash/propaganda piece CBS did with Undercover Boss on Cloobeck.

Maybe if enough people write to them they may buy into the idea, if for no other reason than to embarrass CBS News.

5 years ago
Jan 27, 2014

By Gary B.

susani67 Also, why are the properties in Sedona, where we own, being rented out on Hotels.com?

I believe DRI is wholesaling out their owned inventory, as they do with many or all of the properties they are involved in.

5 years ago
Jan 27, 2014

By Michael D.

They actually advertise these resorts at cheap prices if you will sit through a high pressure sales pitch... Less than half or cheaper than your maintenance dues per day... When for the same period you cannot get reservations, because they have so many new suckers to sell their air too... Then again its only how I see it, but the deals are published in many places..

5 years ago
Jan 27, 2014

By Susan I.

How do we find out and prove that DRI is using "our" properties as hotels? I have a call in to Hotels.com corporate headquarters and was promised they would check it out and get back to me. There would have to be some organization of owners signing their time over - right? Seems like that would be very complicated as DRI ignores deeded interests and assigns worthless points.

5 years ago
Jan 28, 2014

By Linda B.

I just checked out what is being posted about Hotels.com and now I feel totally ripped off. So after paying something like $21,000 to buy the timeshare, anyone can use my room for a week, at less than what it costs me in the annual maintenance. Doesn't that mean the use by non-owners increases the rate of depreciation of the assets of the property...which then gets passed onto me with increased maintenance costs? The last time I stayed at Los Abrigados, my 2- bedroom unit was shabby...nothing like the beautifully upgraded model shown during the sales presentation. I wonder who gets to stay in those rooms?

5 years ago
Jan 29, 2014

By Michael D.

Anyone who will subject themselves to a sale blitz, they get the new rooms you pay to upgrade and they get the choice reservations, that they tell you are unavailable.. YES you are being screwed

5 years ago
Jan 29, 2014

By Susan I.

I just randomly pulled up 5 of DRI's resorts - AZ, CA, CO, FL & HI, off of DRI's Club web site. ALL OF THEM are available on Hotels.com. We all need to look up our "timeshares" and see if they are really hotels!! And check the prices compared to your fees. Good point about us having to foot the bill for wear & tear from HOTEL GUESTS! And again, for those of you who live in California, their Club's license has been forfeited and they cannot do business in our state.

5 years ago
Jan 30, 2014

By Susan I.

Everybody gets a different story. They seem to be making it up as they go along.

5 years ago
Jan 30, 2014

By Susan I.

Scottsdale Villa Mirage

charless345 wrote:
Before you get on these message boards, please make sure that you are accurate. DRI cannot take your week and turn it into points on their whim. Either you did not have a week in the first place and had points, or you had points from the beginning or some other configuration. However, if you had a week, then your week is still there and it cannot be taken from you if you have been paying your maintenance fees and met all other obligations.

If there is something more please share with us the specifics, but what you have written does not sound right.

rpimentel wrote:
Diamond without authority now reducing my weeks to points which give me less time that previously. Also will not longer allow me to trade into Interval International. Anyone else facing this problem please contact me. I intend to file a lawsuit.

Uh - yeah that's exactly what they DO!! I cannot get them to change me back to my deeded week even though I have provided the paperwork proving I'm a deeded owner. That's only 1 of the many rip-offs inflicted on us. We have to file complaints with government agencies that handle Real Estate issues and Consumer Protection issues. But, I suspect I'll have to have to hire an attorney to get out from under them. Have no idea why there isn't a class action already filed.

5 years ago
Jan 30, 2014

By Susan I.

alans273 wrote:
most of these owners were sold timeshares on FALSE promises, that is, it would enable the owner to go to other resorts on our planet by exchanging the weeks that they own with others. the problem is that because of the recession the sales of timeshares is now ZERO therefore DRI has no choice but to increase maintenance charges

The sales are zero because it's become common knowledge that timeshares are, for the most part, bad investments sold with false promises.

5 years ago
Jan 30, 2014

By Charles S.

susani67 wrote:
alans273 wrote:
most of these owners were sold timeshares on FALSE promises, that is, it would enable the owner to go to other resorts on our planet by exchanging the weeks that they own with others. the problem is that because of the recession the sales of timeshares is now ZERO therefore DRI has no choice but to increase maintenance charges

The sales are zero because it's become common knowledge that timeshares are, for the most part, bad investments sold with false promises.

Couple of things. I stayed at Los Abrigados shortly after DRI took it over. I noted that the property had potential. They had very nice grounds. I had a two bedroom that was very, very large. I really enjoyed that. However, the unit need refurbishing and the entire property needed a facelift. Whatever company owned it before had neglected it. DRI is in the process of repairing from what I have read from owners.

As for units being in hotels.com, well DRI is no different from Marriott, Westin and other big timeshare chains. They too rent out timeshare units to non owners. That's not big news. I also rent out units when I want to recover some money from maintenance fees. DRI rents out their units that they pay maintenance fees for this can be confirmed by your HOA that they pay the maintenance fees.

If we don't use our timeshares then yes, we are waisting our money. I use mine. I will be in Hawaii for a month with two of the weeks at DRI resorts. My value when I go during summer which I will be there all of July is high and my maintenance fees are a bargain to me. I have seen times when hotels.com and booking.com are cheaper than maintenance fees. I don't like that but sometimes I rent for less too to recover some of my maintenance fees.

My point is that DRI is not different from other points owned timeshares. Points owned systems are more expensive than weeks systems. I own both and there are advantages and disadvantages to both. I use them together and it works out fine for me and I do not feel ripped off. You can still get value for your accommodations.

Avatar for Charles S. Charles S.

5 years ago
Jan 30, 2014

page 41 of 48

«  prev page   1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free