Hilton Grand Vacations Club Palm Desert

Why so few postings for this resort.

Nov 27, 2008

We are owners at IntraWest and love the desert location. However, I rarely see postings for rent or sale. Do Intrawest owners go elsewhere to rent, is there no demand for this resort, or are people really unfamiliar with this lovely place? I have been reluctant to post a rental ad because I was afraid it would go unnoticed.

Elaine A.
Jan 04, 2009

Hi. We also are owners at Intrawest and would like to see more rentals posted for Palm Desert. It is a beautiful resort right on the Desert Willows golf course -a very desirable upscale area. Last fall we had a family reunion and wanted to rent two extra units (in addition to ours) for family members -- but there weren't any listings posted here. We ended up using the Marriott across the street (also very beautiful), but really would have preferred all the family together with us at Intrawest. We think that possibly there aren't many rentals posted because owners are all interested in using their units for themselves, since it is very nice there.

Ray Sandra H.
Jan 13, 2009

Hi, Ill be heading for CI palm desert this easter. I was there last in 2006 and was very happy with the resort. recently, starting to read mixed reviews. In your most recent visit to intrawest last fall. what was your experience. Have they kept up the unit quality?

Benjamin B.
Jan 14, 2009

Hello. Things seemed to be in good shape, and in general all was very nice.

Ray Sandra H.
Feb 12, 2012

We wonder too. As owners at the beautiful Marriott Desert Springs Villas across the street, we love our resort but would like a change of atmosphere from time to time. I have looked for Club Intrawest rentals but they are scarce, & may be overpriced for today's economy.

orenberg wrote:
We are owners at IntraWest and love the desert location. However, I rarely see postings for rent or sale. Do Intrawest owners go elsewhere to rent, is there no demand for this resort, or are people really unfamiliar with this lovely place? I have been reluctant to post a rental ad because I was afraid it would go unnoticed.

Ev L.
Jan 14, 2014

As a point system what are we going to sell? We booked the six nights we have at the end of Jan. 10 months ago and there was nothing left to book internally by members 4 months ago so it does not surprise me. Plus if we have to cancel with enough notice and $25 we can walk away from the booking get our points back and someone else will jump on it. As members another member can transfer points to the one that booked to split costs. I would guess the only rentals you will see are members that booked without any intention of going and are trying to make some money or pay for their annual dues which is frankly irritating but not against the rules. (and that goes for all Intrawest Club resorts)

Paul H.

Last edited by paul1714 on Jan 14, 2014 02:03 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.