Marriott's MountainSide at Park City

priority within home timeshare

Dec 20, 2008

I have a summer season at a ski area, Marriott Mountainside, Park City, UT. I was told that I have priority in trading my week for a winter week (before any outside trades). Has anybody done this? Can you get a week in Jan., Feb., Mar.? S.

Sharon N.
Mar 17, 2009

When we purchased our first Silver Week at Mountainside, we were able to successfully exchange it through Interval International for ski season weeks in both December and March. At that time, the Resort was still not completely sold out and there were fewer Owners vying for exchanges. Now that the Time Share weeks are all sold, there are many more Owners and it is much more difficult to exchange into a ski season week. As I understand it, Interval does give priority to Mountainside Owners who are requesting Mountainside exchanges. Of course there is also the Platinum-Gold-Silver hierarchy that I think they also use to prioritize requests. You don't say whether you are a Gold or Silver Summer, but if you own a Gold week, then that would theoretically give you priority over Silver exchanges. Interval International should be able to clarify. It would be much easier for Marriott Owners to be able to exchange directly through Marriott Vacation Club rather than working through Interval, but it doesn't appear likely to happen any time soon, if ever.

Cathryn G.
Mar 17, 2009

About priority at Mountainside. Thanks for relating your experience. We have gold, June-Sept. So it may work. By the way what is summer silver? I thought there was one silver, late spring and fall. Thanks for your time. Sharon

Sharon N.
Mar 18, 2009

I'm a Platinum owner and when I was at MOU last month, I asked this question during the Owner Usage meeting. I was told that the first priority goes to Marriott owners, in fact non-Marriott owners don't see the available inventory at any Marriott resort until the unit has been available for 24 days (although I'm sure in practice the II agents can get around this if they have screwed up). Next priority goes to like exchange, i.e. Platinum non-MOU is higher than Silver MOU. Finally, it goes to within the resort, i.e. Platinum MOU is higher than Platinum non-MOU.

I did meet a guy from the Marriott in NJ who had exchanged into a ski week. He had exchanged a Platinum week. This correlates to what I heard.

The CCRs don't clearly delineate the like-exchange aspect of this. -mike-

Mike G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.