The Westin St. John - Virgin Grand Villas

If anyone is out there...

Jan 09, 2009

Many responses to these posting are old, so I am not sure who will read or respond- alas- we are new to this, just bought a timeshare 2 bedroom 2 bath at Sapphire beach club- week 20. This year we can't use it, having a baby 2 weeks before that so we are thinking of banking our time this year and want to go to the Westin St. John next year- There are many "rent" weeks posted on this site, does that mean we can trade into that? Of course, we prob. have to find someone to rent our units this year and next, right? Also, is the Westin. St. John affliated with RCI? Thanx if anyone can respond!

Chris R.
Jan 17, 2009

I don't have time at the Westin St. John, but if you go online to RCI you can see if this hotel is a member. Good luck with your new baby : )

Tonia B.
Jun 17, 2009

you'll never be able to trade for the Westin St. John. When you're sold the timeshare the sales teams always touts the ease of exchanging....not so simple for any other resort, but most definately not the Westin St. John or the Harborside at Atlantis.

Susan F.
Oct 07, 2011

According to RCI the Westin has beome affiliated with them but they do not have point values assigned , There are currently no deposits. it is very hard to exchange into even if younger a Starwood owner somewhere else. Easier to rent now.

Harriet B.
Oct 26, 2011

dont waste your time with rci you will never be able to exchange for any westin properties.try to rent your unit out through redweek you will have to find a unit through redweek to rent for any westin properties.you can bank your unit but you are going to have a very hard time exchanging for anything with rci,they are the worst company i have ever dealt with.

Richard T.
Mar 03, 2012

I own at the Westin and also belong to RCI. I'm not going to say never but you will have a hard time if you want to exchange, the Westin is very limited with units available for exchange. Try Gallos Point on St. John you might have better luck.

Michael J.
Mar 04, 2012

michaelj574 wrote:
I own at the Westin and also belong to RCI. I'm not going to say never but you will have a hard time if you want to exchange, the Westin is very limited with units available for exchange. Try Gallos Point on St. John you might have better luck.

Hi, How do I go about exchanging my RCI into Gallos Point? I have tons of trading power with RCI and cannot get into anything on St. Johns.

Thanks

Tammy M.
Mar 05, 2012

as i said before you will never get an exchange from rci for anything on st. john.try another island but you are going to have a very hard time.if your property is affiliated with interval international you might have a chance.good luck

Richard T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.