Jan 15, 2009

I've stayed in one of the "log cabin lodges" in the past, but I heard they'd let the furniture, etc. run down. True?

We'd prefer to stay in one of the newer ones out by the water when we exchange this time. Do those have fireplaces (that work), too? What kind of shape are they and their furnishings in?

thanx.

Dennis D.
Jan 16, 2009

Hi Dennis. We have owned at Piney Shores, since 93. We had one of the first four units to the right after you pass through the gates. I do remember yrs. ago that the furniture was worn, even broken. Then they were replaced. It took Silverleaf almost 12 yrs. to give us a REAL handicapped unit, which the first unit should have never been called an accessable unit. In it, my husband's wheelchair, a standard, had to grind away the door frame trim just to get into the bedroom. I have no knowledge of the fireplaces. I do have one suggestion. When you get into a unit, if anything is broken, call immediately, and tell them you won't stand for it and you need it replaced now, that you pay too much to tolerate the lack of professionalism. Too many people do not insist on what we deserve. madelainer, wk. #28 currently.

Madelaine R.
Jan 16, 2009

madelainer wrote:
Hi Dennis. We have owned at Piney Shores, since 93. We had one of the first four units to the right after you pass through the gates. I do remember yrs. ago that the furniture was worn, even broken. Then they were replaced. It took Silverleaf almost 12 yrs. to give us a REAL handicapped unit, which the first unit should have never been called an accessable unit. In it, my husband's wheelchair, a standard, had to grind away the door frame trim just to get into the bedroom. I have no knowledge of the fireplaces. I do have one suggestion. When you get into a unit, if anything is broken, call immediately, and tell them you won't stand for it and you need it replaced now, that you pay too much to tolerate the lack of professionalism. Too many people do not insist on what we deserve. madelainer, wk. #28 currently.

Thanx for the prompt response. We "exchanged" to Piney Shores sometimes in the 90's also. There were several of those log cabin 4-plexes then. Ours was a little small in the living area (and a little primitive), but the whole effect was cute. We were comfortable, and we enjoyed the hickory nuts bouncing off the tin roof. It was fall, and I sat on the front porch and read. We had several friends come to visit, and it was a great week.

I'm handicapped to the point of walking with a walker now, so need "easy access" for sure, but not necessarily a "handicapped" unit. I verified with the resort this morning that the unit we've requested through RCI (it's on hold, will confirm later today), is a 2 BR for 6(6) with w/d in the unit and that it is on the ground floor with only one step up from the sidewalk. It oughta do fine for us. By the first week of March we probably won't need a fireplace, but it would still be nice to light a fire if it's a bit chilly. (We live in Houston/Spring now, so it's only about 25 miles away. If it's TOO bad, we'll just come back home, LOL!) I expect it will actually be a restful little time away from home, work, phones, etc. We may even bring the dog.

DWD

Dennis D.
Apr 20, 2009

dennisd68 wrote:
madelainer wrote:

Thanx for the prompt response. We "exchanged" to Piney Shores sometimes in the 90's also. There were several of those log cabin 4-plexes then. Ours was a little small in the living area (and a little primitive), but the whole effect was cute. We were comfortable, and we enjoyed the hickory nuts bouncing off the tin roof. It was fall, and I sat on the front porch and read. We had several friends come to visit, and it was a great week.

I'm handicapped to the point of walking with a walker now, so need "easy access" for sure, but not necessarily a "handicapped" unit. I verified with the resort this morning that the unit we've requested through RCI (it's on hold, will confirm later today), is a 2 BR for 6(6) with w/d in the unit and that it is on the ground floor with only one step up from the sidewalk. It oughta do fine for us. By the first week of March we probably won't need a fireplace, but it would still be nice to light a fire if it's a bit chilly. (We live in Houston/Spring now, so it's only about 25 miles away. If it's TOO bad, we'll just come back home, LOL!) I expect it will actually be a restful little time away from home, work, phones, etc. We may even bring the dog.

DWD

Cc W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.