Playa Grande Resort

Room locations in the "Lower 40"

Feb 05, 2009

I just recently returned from Playa Grande. I'm an early riser but was staying with someone who liked to sleep in late, so in order to avoid waking her in the mornings, I decided to map out the room locations of all the rooms in the "Lower 40". I literally walked every floor of every building and wrote down the room numbers.

So, if you ever need to know where the rooms are located (not on the Ridge, though), then check out my post on the PG Owner's website: http://playagrandeclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=808

Also, for those of you who also own at Solmar, there's a new section to discuss Solmar as well.

Cheers!

Donna W.
Mar 17, 2009

Be very careful, if you use this map for a reference as it is not correct, she has units where they are not supposed to be. Do not trust it. Its too bad someone publishes incorrect informationabout a beautiful resort. The web site she is directing you too is for Playa Grande Owners & you need a user ID & password to get in so don't waste your time looking. Also the "lower forty" is a terrible, terrible name to put on the most beautiful resort in Cabo. If you have never been there & are thinking of renting please don't get mislead by a farm term from Iowa. It truly is a beautiful resort and should never be slandered with such a terrible term. Sheesh............

Alan K.

Last edited by alan136 on Mar 17, 2009 03:19 PM

Mar 17, 2009

Alan, I'm not sure what your problem is, but it has nothing to do with my mapped rooms. Also, we owners lovingly refer to the original section as the "Lower 40". It's a term of affection, not a slam. If I hated Playa Grande, I certainly wouldn't own three different weeks there, two of which are in the "Lower 40".

As for the website - it's not mine and I have no agenda. It's a website that a PG owner put together and that a lot of us owners use to connect and share. If you don't like it, don't use it, but why trash a website and person that you know nothing about. I guess it's true - no good deed goes unpunished. Sheesh...

Donna W.
Mar 17, 2009

I will be the mature one & stop this nonsense. Just from now on own up to your mistakes & quit trying to blame others.

Alan K.

Last edited by alan136 on Mar 17, 2009 07:28 PM

Mar 18, 2009

I spent hours and hours walking the entire resort and mapping the room locations and then sharing it with other people for no other reason than to be nice to my fellow Playa Grande owners, and the people here on RedWeek.com

You're right, Alan - I'm such a jerk for mapping the rooms and sharing the information with others, and you're the epitome of chivalry and a real gentleman for trashing me on two different websites.

Donna W.
Mar 18, 2009

There is another saying "the truth hurts" which is pretty fitting here. Why can't you own up to your mistake? I didn't make it. I commented on the web site to a lady helping me figure the location out that your map was wrong & I come home & get this bashing from you. I don't like being called stupid, in fact twice. Since you are so high & mighty go back & look at that response you originally sent me. The tone of the e-mail was not nice. You called me stupid twice & blamed me for your mistake. Yes you did put alot of hard work into making the map & yes that was very nice of you but you did make a mistake. I would like to make a comment about your affectionate term lower forty. I am glad you & your friends think its cute but do you have to splatter it all over the web sites. You should keep it to yourselves as Playa Grande is to beatiful of a resort for such a terrible name. I am done with this discussion now as I have a life to live & a busines to run.

Alan K.
Mar 18, 2009

In case anyone cares what Alan is complaining about, here's the thread where he claims I called him "stupid" twice which, of course, isn't true.

http://playagrandeclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=823

He was trying to buy a timeshare and instead of doing his own research, he depended solely upon my map. It just so happened that the ONE FLOOR out of the HUNDREDS OF ROOMS that I mapped was transposed - not wrong, but just transposed with the numbers going in the opposite direction of all the other floors of the same building. And, after his post, I did correct it, but he still decided to bash me (weeks later) on this website.

All I said was for him to do his own research instead of complaining about the work that I did. I never called him stupid even once, never mind twice. I'm a big fan of the truth!

Donna W.
Nov 16, 2015

Hi Donna, I really like your map, I find it really useful, I own 6 week/units.... and I don't see the problem in affectionately calling it the Lower 40. The only problem is the map is gone since the site is down... is there anywhere else I can find it? Thanks for the help. Frank....

Frank H.
May 02, 2018

Maybe Alan has buyer's remorse.

Eleanor W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.