Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Sell My Timeshare NOW / Timeshare Broker Services - Buyer / Seller Be Warned!

Oct 23, 2010

randyw119 wrote:
This is all I was trying to address was a buyers viewpoint and confirmation that my experience with SMTN and TBS have been different than the old postings on Redweek. I wish there were a few other shared experiences that are recent - particulary from a buyer since that is where I'm coming from -- as a buyer, spending $4K I want to be careful not to get ripped off as well.

Why would you even think about paying 4K for a timeshare week when you probably could have gotten the same week on Ebay for $1.

R P.
Jan 20, 2023

Jason you are not being truthful. I have had experience with both SMTSN and Timeshare Broker Services and they are both a scam. My ad sat on the SMTSN site for over a year with not one offer. In August I was contacted by SMTSN and was asked if I was interested in being connected with a company who would take over my timeshare for 4,000. Even though I said I was not interested multiple times, the woman kept telling me how much better it would be if I just got rid of it. I must have said I wasn't interested at least five times before I finally had to just end the call. Even though I stated several times that I was not interested, I received a call from TBS who also tried to get me to pay them to take over my timeshare. I also told them I was not interested. I then received notification from TBS (Not SMTSN) three days ago stating they had a cash offer for my timeshare and that the buyer would pay all fees and there would be no out of pocket cost for me . The offer was too low, so I counter offered. The representative from TBS, stated that he presented my counter offer to the buyer and they accepted, however, when I received the contract, the sale price was increased by 2,000 with the seller (me) paying a 2,000 in commission. This was never mentioned to me in fact, the representative stated several times that my only cost would be the balance for the advertisement to be paid to SMTSN, which they "have nothing to do with.". The contract also stated that any payment to me was just an estimate and therefore not a guarantee. When I asked both companies if they were affiliated, both representatives said that they were not, even though the SMTSN website states that they are. They lie and will say anything to try to get the deal done. For obvious reasons, I declined to sign the contract and have asked SMTSN to delete my ad and all of my personal information since SMTSN's representative informed me when she said they were not affiliated with TBS that my information from their site is on the dark web, which is not something I would or did agree to. Whether or not they will honor my request is yet to be determined. My brother is an attorney, so I handed the whole issue over to him. As far as renting your timeshare, you have to elect a week and book it and then maybe SMTSN will rent it. They didn't rent mine. I hope lying and deceiving people makes you feel good about yourself and what you do for a profession.

Janice H.

Last edited by janiceh308 on Jan 20, 2023 09:12 PM

Jul 09, 2023

Janice.

I have had a similar experience with SMTN. Does you brother who is an attorney think there are any grounds for legal proceedings against SMTN or a group class action lawsuit? I fundamentally feel miss sold too across the entire experience.

Will

Will B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.