Grand Timber Lodge

Grand Timber Lodge - 2009 Update

Mar 04, 2009

First off there are also 4 bedroom units and 2 indoor/outdoor pools. Since you can no longer just grab a towel and go to the pool (you have to check towels out and also wear a silly black wristband), I would like to see GTL supply 2 large bathrobes in each 1 bedroom master suite. If the robes are missing when the unit is cleaned, just bill the person for them. I would also like to see the resort go completely "non-smoking" - I'm tired of breathing someone elses nasty smoke while sitting in the clean fresh air of Colorado and enjoying a soak in one of the many hot tubs! This might help keep the property from being cluttered with cigarette butts on the grounds. I was also disappointed to see GTL do away with their Tuesday owners meetings -- the meet and greets they would hold from 4-6p every Tuesday was a nice way to get acquainted with other owners. Their fitness center is lacking a bit. For a property of this stature I expect something a little more open. There are plenty of cardio and such, they are just cramped into a closet sized space. I know it sounds like I am complaining a lot - this is a very nice property, it could just use some tweaking.

Renee B.
Dec 10, 2013

Ralph Mottinger, the sales representative we dealt with last week is probably the biggest liar we have ever encountered in our lives. We signed up a 2-bedroom lockout timeshare contract last Thursday and were told the maintenance fee per year is less than $600. Not until we got home and I have my husband read the documents in the CD that included in the portfolio. Surprisingly in the budget of last year's statement it shows $1,149 for 2-bedroom lockout, almost double as what we were told. Immediately we tried to call him to clarify. He did not answer the phone. Then we called the other staffs and was told $1,149 is the right amount. Fortunately based on Colorado law we have 5 days after signing the contract to cancel. We rushed drafting a cancellation letter and rushed to the post office to send it out by registered mail with return receipt as yesterday was the 5th day after we signed the contract.

We swear that we will not trust any salesperson of any timeshare anymore as there are lots of scam that were reported.

Judy M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.