Timeshare Companies

Resort Condos Plus - anyone?

Nov 01, 2009

NO. You won't get any refund from these scams. They will tell you that they are working on it but they lied. They just want you to wait and not file a law suit on them. They just need more time to rip off more people's money. They want you to wait and wait thinking that they will sell your timeshare. I've been a victim. You will never ever hear from them again and if you leave message they will never call you back. They tell everybody that there is a buyer. There is no buyer at all. I didn't win the dispute. I did'nt get my money back from the bank even though I did'nt sign my contract. They are so clever in their contract if you read the small print which was never mentioned to any of us during the transaction. I faxed my cancellation letter and the RCP rep. did'nt let me cancel. He lied that I did'nt want to cancel and they never refund my money. RCP wants you to call your rep. and if your rep. doe'snt refund, they will never refund. They are the owner of your credit card, not you. My rep. even threatened to charge your credit card if you try to stop them. You won't get it even if you tried. The only thing to do is file complaint to Texas attorney general and texas real estate. Write a letter and fax to Texas real estate which is 1-512-465-3962. Let's all work together.

Mai L.
Nov 02, 2009

I have een told that my paperwork has been aproved but , stalling again, I have been putting most of their calls back to my voice mail and I have her on tape telling me that she has talked to the accounting and to expect a check in # week. Once again, not holding my breath. got a letter today from the Att. Gen of Tx. and ther also have opened a file on them. Let you know when I hear from them. People....call or e-mail the addresss I gave you in past E-mails. Me, computer dumb-dumb,.sorry. cant give you a link. chow

Lisa B.
Nov 09, 2009

The Florida State Attorneys General's office told me that timeshare units are considered the same as "regular" real estate and the sales should take place in the same manner as "regular" real estate sales. They also told me to never deal with a company that requires the seller to pay any kind of fees that are not taken out of the proceeds of the sale. Does the company rep have a real estate sales license? If not, beware.

Dennis A.
Nov 10, 2009

lisab753 wrote:
I have een told that my paperwork has been aproved but , stalling again, I have been putting most of their calls back to my voice mail and I have her on tape telling me that she has talked to the accounting and to expect a check in # week. Once again, not holding my breath. got a letter today from the Att. Gen of Tx. and ther also have opened a file on them. Let you know when I hear from them. People....call or e-mail the addresss I gave you in past E-mails. Me, computer dumb-dumb,.sorry. cant give you a link. chow

This is how they operate, once they get your upfront fee they won't take your calls or return you emails .... you're doing the right thing by voicing your complaint to the attorney general of Texas.

R P.
Nov 10, 2009

As a follow up to my post on Sep 15th, in which Resort Condos Plus threatened us with being sent to their 'collections dept' to force us to pay their $2000 fee that we refused when we were not given the option to use an escrow service: We have yet to hear or see anything at all of the sort. It appears to have been a bluff on their end, and calling them on it hasn't hurt us yet. Yay!

Casey C.
Nov 11, 2009

Be very careful w/ this company. I was contacted by Micheal Dean (817-717-5373), who claims to be w/ the finance division of the company. He will tell you about coaching his child's sports teams, that he makes $311, 000/yr and doesn't care about the sale. He'll tell you "If I were president for a day, I'd have a timeshare czar". He does a very good job of making you his friend.

So, I get a call saying they have a buyer for my timeshare. In this case, it was William and Susan Benitz (405-762-3717) from Oklahoma. Mr. Dean claimed that Mrs. Benitz is a teacher w/ 3 children and that they have deposited $4, 500. He'll tell you that he must return the money to them if he doesn't complete the sale within 48 hours (he also said 72, so not sure which is correct).

Mrs. Benitz actually called me. The odd thing is that her kids were making all kinds of noise in the background, but none of it seemed to bother her. I honestly feel that the sound was canned (just a gut feeling). She asked a bunch of questions that were easily answered on the timeshare's website. Things like Wi-Fi and pets. I asked to speak w/ her husband (who was handling 'things') but never heard back from him.

Mrs. Benitz immediately called Mr. Dean who called and harassed me about calling her. I explained to him that the only thing I wanted was a contract or term of sale to read. He kept asking for a credit card number which I refused to give him. He insisted that he was helping me out b/c my timeshare is listed on a MLS site that I have no knowledge or documentation b/c "by Texas law, he can't sell a property listed in MLS". When I asked for the details of the listing, he said that sales had to do that. When I asked for the contract, he claimed that came from another department.

All in all, a very frustrating experience and huge waste of time.

I would be very careful dealing with them.

Good luck.

Donald K.
Nov 14, 2009

Wondering if you got your money from them at all? I was just contacted by them and see many different types of comments on them and curious if they are legit.

Julie W.
Nov 14, 2009

@Juliew Based on all the comments and people that have dealt with this company: The only circumstances I would ever do business with them is if you absolutely had $2000 to throw away, never see again, and still want to own a time share in the end. If you fall in that category, go for it and tell us how it goes. If completely losing $2000 with no return would be a major financial setback, please don't do it.

It's a huge gamble working with a company like this, can you risk losing the bet?

Casey C.
Nov 14, 2009

juliew218 wrote:
Wondering if you got your money from them at all? I was just contacted by them and see many different types of comments on them and curious if they are legit.

I never gave them a credit card number.

Donald K.
Nov 14, 2009

Juls Please don't do it. It cost me $2050 I was told time after time that the buyer was working on it.s eccrow account. Well that is untill I started asking more ?s and then at that time Tylar Martin started getting very rude and calling me names and refered to me about only having a 4th or 5th grade education. He banded me from calling there and block my number. So again don't do it you will be sorry.

Gerilyn D.
Nov 17, 2009

I turned them in to the Att. Gen. and the Realestate Board and have gotten replys from both of them. The Att, Gen. wants more info...Funny thing I got a call from maris fernendaz informing me that they were cutting me a check for my 1300>00 that I paid. Still not holding my breath. Ill keep you informed>>> call your government offices and be pro active!!!!!!

Lisa B.
Nov 28, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
michaelm381 wrote:
Anybody know anything about this company based in Houston? They contacted me about my timeshare, said they had a buyer. Once they negotiate the price and settle it with the buyer, they take a "fee" for $1350 (credit card) and then you get your money.

michaelm381 wrote:
What kind of makes me suspicious is the fact that they claimed to be able to take the timeshare off my hands for the price they claimed. I know there are many people trying to sell their timeshare at this same resort and most would take 1/10th of what they paid, yet this company claims they can get me basically what I paid, if not a little more. If there is truly someone that stupid out there who will buy it, okay, but I just don't see it.
You basically answered your own questions. They take the fee via your credit card and not out of the proceeds of the sales. After they have your $$, the buyer will disappear or there will be a problem with the transaction. The company will claim the $1350 is for advertising, but why do they have to advertise if they already have a buyer. As you all ready discovered, they have a "buyer" who will pay MORE than market value for the TS.

Call their bluff and tell them you are interested if you use escrow and a closing company that YOU choose. See how quickly they back off.

Kelly G.
Nov 28, 2009

BON MCNEILL MICAYLA JAMES AND BEN PALMER from Resorts Condo Plus scammed 1350 dollars out of me. They lie and tell you your place is sold and never get back to you! I will not sleep until I get them on the cover of the newspapers!

Kelly G.
Nov 28, 2009

BOB MCNEILL MICAYLA JAMES BEN PALMER

HUGE SCAMMERS FROM RESORT CONDOS PLUS!!!

BEWARE!!!!!

Same story with every last detail!!!

Kelly G.
Nov 29, 2009

kellyg175 wrote:
BON MCNEILL MICAYLA JAMES AND BEN PALMER from Resorts Condo Plus scammed 1350 dollars out of me. They lie and tell you your place is sold and never get back to you! I will not sleep until I get them on the cover of the newspapers!

Good for you ..... you also need to report them ASAP to the Attorney General in the state the scam company is located ... you can google to find that info.

R P.
Nov 29, 2009

kellyg175 wrote:
BOB MCNEILL MICAYLA JAMES BEN PALMER

HUGE SCAMMERS FROM RESORT CONDOS PLUS!!!

BEWARE!!!!!

Same story with every last detail!!!

BTW, I seriously doubt that's their real names.

R P.
Dec 10, 2009

Resort Condos Plus is doing business at 320 N. Magnolia Ave Orlando, FL 32801 Suite ??? This location is a temporary lease. The 'employees' all use alias idenities on the phone. All calls are made on laptop computers with Skype telephone accounts. This allows RCP to pick phone numbers with any area code to pretend they are located anywhere in the country. The scam starts with a lower level scammer calling condo owners who want to sell their condo. These leads are generated many different ways and passed (and sometimes sold) to others in the office. If you have ever fallen for this scam in the past you are considered a super lead. Your info is kept on a lead sheet with your credit card number if available and photocopied over and over again to be passed on to the never ending parade of new employees who are promised easy money or resold to the hungry closer desperate to get any deal. The titles and positions of the various company employees are completely made up in order to close any deal any way. Some closers are slicker than others offering smooth explanations for your objections and some closers are just plain aggressive and rude to push you into giving a credit card number right now. Other department heads are made up on a per call basis to tell the caller what they want to hear. In the end a few parts of the presentation are always the same. They promise you they have a buyer for your condo. They have to have your money up front in the form of a credit card. They coach you to lie about being promised a buyer during the recorded verification process (which gets them off the hook when you dispute the credit card charge). They never have a buyer for your TS. They never never ever refund you money. It is gone forever and you are out of luck!!

This company is set up as a scam from the beginning. There is no customer service dept, finance dept, legal dept, or any other department. It's a small leased office space in downtown Orlando, Florida run by one or two boss types and 2 to 10 employees and closers that are doing whatever it takes to get you credit card number. Some employees even work out of their homes. All names and titles and departments are completely made up. You don't have any recourse after they get your number. NONE!!!

And consider this as an added bonus. If you do fall for this scam and give up your credit card number it will live on long after the deal even if you do manage to get Visa to refund your money. I heard a story about one or two employees with a common personal problem that requires extra cash every day. Those individuals would search lead sheets for active credit card numbers and use them to purchase whatever they could to get through another day. Cell phone activation seems to be a particularly easy item to purchase with someone else's credit card. If you happen to catch the fraud on your statement, the cell phone is just cut off and another credit card is found in the pile of lead sheets and the cell phone is paid up for another month.

Some of you have asked how do these people sleep at night? I would tell you that these people have a completely different outlook on life than you or I. They have huge egos and a sense of entitlement that is hard to believe. When you mix in drug and alcohol problems these people cease to function as normal predictable human beings. Please believe me when I tell you bad people are out there waiting to take your hard earned money. They are preying on the weak and uninformed. They found a way to get into your life by promising a sale for your timeshare. It's very easy to get excited about selling you unit and you just stop thinking and trust the voice on the other end of the line.... no matter what that little voice in your head is saying.

Be careful, take your time and don't give your money away up front!!

Ross W.
Dec 11, 2009

Report these scammers to the Attorney General in Florida .... you can do a forum seach to find the contact info.

R P.
Dec 11, 2009

ALL upfront fee resale/rental companies are scams, not just this one.

R P.
Dec 21, 2009

Matt Harris is a slum dog. He informed me today that because I was also asked to lie on the recording about being told that they already had a buyer for my time share that I have already lied and that Im now lieing about being told of a buyer. Wow these people are good at being bad. im making another complaint to the realestate board and using matt Harris and Dallas Jackson in my new complaint. call the att. general and make some noise. If they get enough complaints they have to do something!!!

Lisa B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.