Timeshare Companies

Resort Condos Plus - anyone?

Aug 18, 2009

I have filed a report with the Texas attorney general. I think the more to report the better it is for all of us. I also am going to file one with the Florida attorney general. I was told to file a complain with the Dept of Ag too. So I will do that. These guys from RCP are just so bad they just don't card what kimd of hardship them taking (stealing) peoples hard earned money. IT IS JUST SO SAD.

Gerilyn D.
Aug 19, 2009

gerilynd3 wrote:
I have filed a report with the Texas attorney general. I think the more to report the better it is for all of us. I also am going to file one with the Florida attorney general.

You hit the nail squarely on the head .... report the abuse to the attorney general in the state where the scammers are located and also to the attorney general of the USA. If everyone did this, the scammers would be put out of business.

R P.
Aug 21, 2009

SHILL SHILL SHILL

Henry S.
Aug 25, 2009

I too was contacted by RCP with an offer that sounded too good to be true. I was led to believe that they had a potential buyer willing to pay a good price but required $2050 up front to register me for the sale. When questioned about taking the registration from the selling price, things got dicy. I was even told to wake up and spell the offer. I did and it did smell asfar as I was concerned. I guess I will just have to hold on to the property a bit longer. I may even find it enjoyable in the future. has anyone ever gotten even an address for this company? Nice website but it appears to be smoke and mirrors.

Roger W.
Aug 25, 2009

I have had calls from other companys to sell my timeshare and I learned alot from my lose of 2050 . I jump right in, I do alot of research. Again I am so glad to hear you

Gerilyn D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 30, 2009 01:22 PM

Aug 26, 2009

Better business bureau can't do anything. Complaints are'nt replied back. Resort condos plus have an "F" rating. They are SCAMS and FRAUD! Once they have a hold of your credit card, they threaten to take all your money. They will never ever cancel! They take control of it as if they are the owner of the credit card, not you. They authorize to take out the money, even though you don't authorize it. I know because they did it to me. Please call The Texas Attorney General and file complaints. I am taking all actions against them.

Yuni M.
Aug 26, 2009

I just went on the BBB website and it said there is no rating for this company. Not sure where you get your info from.

Nancy S.
Aug 27, 2009

That is the same person that called me first then It was another lady which I can't remember her name. When she called me back to pressure me into paying with a credit card I don't have, I told her "I am not getting a new card I am in a finacial rutt right now and can't do this". She never called me back again. If they contact you for whatever reason, simply cut them off from the get go, and tell them you have no Master card or visa. They will try to make you get one but simply let them know you are not interested. Because it is all a scam.

Kanashi S.
Aug 27, 2009

Can someon put the link or information of the attorney general that you contacted, so we can all contact them as well. If we get together on this, we can hopefully have them stop doing this again.

Kanashi S.
Aug 27, 2009

kanashis2 wrote:
If they contact you for whatever reason, simply cut them off from the get go, and tell them you have no Master card or visa. They will try to make you get one but simply let them know you are not interested. Because it is all a scam.

Very good point .... see how fast they hang up when they find out you don't have any sort of credit card, that's a good way to get rid of them from the getgo .... never thought of that.

R P.
Aug 27, 2009

My thoughts exactly, I asked them for a letter with the company's information and address, etc. But they denied it, this is all too fishy and they don't inspire any confidence. They expect everyone to confide in them and just pay them the money because they are taking advantage of our economic distress to their benefit. Don't ever give money to a company that doesn't give you information about them, becuse this way if you have a claim or need to contact them, you can find them and actually write to the company.

Kanashi S.
Aug 27, 2009

Here is the web address to the Texas Attorney General http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml

Here is the page to fill out the complaint form https://www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/form.php

please everyone file a complaint

Gerilyn D.
Aug 28, 2009

Thanks for the link, hopefully we can all come together and do something about this. ;)

Kanashi S.
Aug 28, 2009

rogerw111 wrote:
I too was contacted by RCP with an offer that sounded too good to be true. I was led to believe that they had a potential buyer willing to pay a good price but required $2050 up front to register me for the sale. When questioned about taking the registration from the selling price, things got dicy. I was even told to wake up and spell the offer. I did and it did smell asfar as I was concerned. I guess I will just have to hold on to the property a bit longer. I may even find it enjoyable in the future. has anyone ever gotten even an address for this company? Nice website but it appears to be smoke and mirrors.

I was given an address today of: RCP Properties 14781 Memorial Drive, Dept 1475 Houston, TX 77079

I am so glad that I found this forum so that I didn't fall for the scam. Interestingly enough when I asked Chad Williams in Houston what RCP standed for, he said he didn't know. When I specifically asked if it was Resort Condos Plus, he denied it. He referred me to a web site or RCP Properties - a real estate company in S. Africa and also to www.resortcondosmanagement.com. When I called them and asked if they were affiliated with RCP Properties, the customer service rep said no.

Gwen S.
Aug 28, 2009

Global Resort Condos Plus 6606 FM 1488, # 148 Magnolia, TX. 77354

This is the address that was on my contract. This is an address to a Boxes and ECT I didn't know this till I called the post ofice and ask how I can send a registered mail there, they told me that it would be hard. and they weren't able to tell me what company had that address......

So please everyone make a complaint to the Texas Attorney General

Gerilyn D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 30, 2009 01:21 PM

Sep 02, 2009

I work for a timeshare resale comany that I will not name in this post. However, we do sell timeshares for our customers. We do have an upfront fee, we inform our sellers why we charge the fee (for advertising, marketing, etc..) and that we will only refund that amount at the time of closing. Our title company handles all the closing paperwork- buyer puts up escrow $$ and pays all of the closing costs. We do have a good success rate on our resales, but we do not, and can not garauntee a sale. We do not tell our sellers that we have buyers waiting, because our job is to find a buyer for the property. I do not understand how any company out there claims to have a buyer for your timeshare when they do not even have your listing. And why are they offering top dollar for it, when anyone with an ounce of intellegence knows that timeshares can be purchased on the resale market for pennies on the dollar? We always tell our clients to be very leary of companies that solicit their business. Especially ones that they have never heard of, or that the seller has not contacted first. Please everyone, don't take everything you see or hear at face value. Do your homework. Find out who you are dealing with, and don't throw your money at whomever asks for it. For those of you who say never put money up front- maybe you can give some suggestions to sellers as to how they may be able to get rid of their timeshare. I do not believe that there is any resale company out there who does not have an up front fee. However, not all of them are crooks. Thank you for your time.

Crystal W.
Sep 02, 2009

crystalw48 wrote:
I work for a timeshare resale comany that I will not name in this post. However, we do sell timeshares for our customers. We do have an upfront fee, we inform our sellers why we charge the fee (for advertising, marketing, etc..) and that we will only refund that amount at the time of closing. Our title company handles all the closing paperwork- buyer puts up escrow $$ and pays all of the closing costs. We do have a good success rate on our resales, but we do not, and can not garauntee a sale. We do not tell our sellers that we have buyers waiting, because our job is to find a buyer for the property. I do not understand how any company out there claims to have a buyer for your timeshare when they do not even have your listing. And why are they offering top dollar for it, when anyone with an ounce of intellegence knows that timeshares can be purchased on the resale market for pennies on the dollar? We always tell our clients to be very leary of companies that solicit their business. Especially ones that they have never heard of, or that the seller has not contacted first. Please everyone, don't take everything you see or hear at face value. Do your homework. Find out who you are dealing with, and don't throw your money at whomever asks for it. For those of you who say never put money up front- maybe you can give some suggestions to sellers as to how they may be able to get rid of their timeshare. I do not believe that there is any resale company out there who does not have an up front fee. However, not all of them are crooks. Thank you for your time.

If you charge an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars, then your company is a scam just like all others ... all you want is that upfront fee .... that's your business model.

R P.
Sep 02, 2009

crystalw48 wrote:
And why are they offering top dollar for it, when anyone with an ounce of intellegence knows that timeshares can be purchased on the resale market for pennies on the dollar?

Yeah like all the 1 cent to $1.00 timeshares on Ebay with no bids .... even a Manhattan Club owner has an ad on Redweek giving their week away for nothing just to get rid of the yearly $1000+ maintenance fee .... so far no takers and you think you can resale a timeshare in this economy ..... I don't think so, you just want that upfront fee, perriod.

R P.
Sep 02, 2009

Id have to agree any money paid up front IS a SCAMMER...Including yourself MISSY. Get a real Job I heard walmart was hiring. Dont knock the game when your caught right in the middle. You have Kids??? How do u feel feeding them with stolen money. Thats real Nice.

Ura S.
Sep 03, 2009

uras wrote:
Id have to agree any money paid up front IS a SCAMMER...Including yourself MISSY. Get a real Job I heard walmart was hiring. Dont knock the game when your caught right in the middle. You have Kids??? How do u feel feeding them with stolen money. Thats real Nice.
OK, I'm going to play the "", so jayjay, dont be too hard on me :).

I do not have a problem with an upfront fee company, charging big bucks for marketing and advertising. The scam is how they sucker people into paying with lies and half truths. If the person working for the upfront fee company informed the owner ... 1) Of the real value of his/her TS 2) That the unit will be listed on an obscure website 3) That potential buyers may or may not discover the website and 4) There is absolutly no guarantee that the TS will ever be sold. Now after being well informed, if the TS owner wishes to give the company money, then so be it. Obviously this will never happen since they will never get people to sign up with their program.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.