General Discussion

Suggestion for exchange searches

May 01, 2009

I'm not sure where to submit suggestions, so this seems like as good a place as any.

Is it possible to add some search capabilities to the exchange section? For example, it would be great to be able to search exchanges by date and not just by location. It would be great if I could see all the exchanges listed for a particular week. If I want to go on vacation the week of July 4th for example, It would make my life so much easier to type in a date range and have all the available exchanges pop up for that week.

As it is now, I have to click on every single location and scroll down to see when they are available.

Any thoughts?

Darin

Darin W.
May 01, 2009

You can - but only from the Redweek Home page, not from the Exchange page. Look for "Find a Timeshare" at the top right hand side of the page. Click on "Advanced Search" and you can look for exchanges, rentals and/or timeshares for sale, choosing month or week number and unit size. You must remember to choose a location (Florida, for instance) or resort name. Finally click on "Submit".

David D.
May 01, 2009

darinw9 wrote:
I'm not sure where to submit suggestions, so this seems like as good a place as any.

Is it possible to add some search capabilities to the exchange section? For example, it would be great to be able to search exchanges by date and not just by location. It would be great if I could see all the exchanges listed for a particular week. If I want to go on vacation the week of July 4th for example, It would make my life so much easier to type in a date range and have all the available exchanges pop up for that week.

As it is now, I have to click on every single location and scroll down to see when they are available.

Any thoughts?

Darin

From the HOME page on the right hand side, there is a link to Find a Timeshare (you can use the Timeshares for Rent & Sale tab as well. This will at least give you a map for Locations). Click the link for Advanced Search. Enter a location. It can be as general as North America or as specific as city. Use the pull down menus to search between months and weeks. You can access a TS weeks calendar here.

I've asked RedWeek staff if they could provide the "Advanced Search" feature via the Timeshare Exchange week, but they haven't felt the need to do it.

There is a "contact" link at the bottom of the web page. In my experience, the RedWeek Staff is good about repsonding to emails.

Mike N.
May 01, 2009

davidd320 wrote:
You can - but only from the Redweek Home page, not from the Exchange page. Look for "Find a Timeshare" at the top right hand side of the page. Click on "Advanced Search" and you can look for exchanges, rentals and/or timeshares for sale, choosing month or week number and unit size. You must remember to choose a location (Florida, for instance) or resort name. Finally click on "Submit".
I guess you and I were submitting our helpful hints at the same time.

Mike N.
May 03, 2009

Thanks for the tips. You guys are groovy. :)

Darin W.

Last edited by darinw9 on May 03, 2009 08:40 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.