May 13, 2009

I'm interested in buying at the westin in scottsdale. I've been to the presentation there, but they throw out numbers and figures and the information can be overwhelming for a 1st timer. I'm looking at getting a 2 bed/2 bath lockoff, but I see in the listings that they have both 81,000 and 148,000 units that are considered platinum. Can anyone explain the difference and what the advantages of getting the bigger package would be. Thanks!

Jill C.
May 14, 2009

jillc137 wrote:
I'm interested in buying at the westin in scottsdale. I've been to the presentation there, but they throw out numbers and figures and the information can be overwhelming for a 1st timer. I'm looking at getting a 2 bed/2 bath lockoff, but I see in the listings that they have both 81,000 and 148,000 units that are considered platinum. Can anyone explain the difference and what the advantages of getting the bigger package would be. Thanks!
I'm not well versed with Westin, but the numbers you give seem to be a Points value for you to trade into other Westins (and possibly Starwood) resorts.

You should decide how many points you would need to have for vacations. No need buying a ton of points if you can't use them, though you may be able to rent them. The additional points may also come with a larger maintenance fee. Also check out the TUG forum (www.tugbbs.com). They have a separate thread for Starwood resorts.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.