Closed
Timeshare Companies

Krystal is a big Fraud!!

Nov 18, 2016

I have the same story. Have you cancelled your Krystal timeshare and get the money back?

Lily

Lily L.
Nov 18, 2016

We also got same story. Are you able to cancel the timeshare and get money back? Why nobody sue Krystal?

Lily L.
Nov 19, 2016

Hi, I have been trying to contact Krystal to cancel the contract, but my calls always get disconnected. From about 50 calls I talk to someone in quality asurance twice. The woman told me that if I cancel the contract I have to pay them 7200 dollars, and the 10000 down payment I wont get it buck; however, she said that someone will call me buck the next day, that was two weeks ago and I am still waiting. I stopped making payments to the remain balance, and they are calling me telling me that they are going to send me to collection. I call an attorney and he said that it is probably impossible to get the money buck because of the contract that we sing, but he said that if they try make a collection then you can sue them, but till then you cant do nothing because they are out of the country. Let me know your history and how is it going for you, if I find a solution in my favor I will let you know.

Yesenia A.
Nov 28, 2016

Oh , guys, how sorry (and worry) I am. I have just signed the contract four days ago with krystal rewards, and since then on I felt butterflies in my stomach. That was the reason I start to read this blog for information basing on experiences. I really want to find positive comment like "it was the best investment of my life", but instead I found this.. Reading again the contract, I have supposely tomorrow as last day (fifth of five day) to cancel my contract without limitation and claim for credit card company to cancel the payment, so, I have decided to waist a precious beach day tomorrow in cancun to find a local post office to mail them the cancelling notice. Have anyone done this before of cancelling within five days? Would I have chance of success?

Chien W.
Nov 28, 2016

Make sure you get a receipt that you sent them the cancellation. Follow all the directions to rescind in the letter. Hold onto all the paperwork as proof. Contact your credit card company immediately and reverse the charge. If Krystal disputes the charge back then use your paperwork to show the credit card company that you rescinded on time.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 28, 2016 07:43 AM

Nov 28, 2016

chienw wrote:
Have anyone done this before of cancelling within five days? Would I have chance of success?

Many have done this before with great success because they followed the rescission instructions very carefully. As long as you follow the directions carefully (eg., send via certified mail instead of phoning, faxing, emailing, going back to the sales office, etc.), the company is required by law to rescind your purchase and give you back every penny you paid.

And again, this can't be overemphasized, follow the directions in your owner's package to the letter. By law, the sales person was required to give you rescission instructions. And there is no need, nor will there be any need, to contact any of these companies that claim they can cancel your timeshare.

Lance C.
Nov 28, 2016

I went this morning to cancún government customer service, they brought me legal supports for free. They wrote down the cancelation papers, making three copies :one for me which is signed now by krystal legal apartment manager as they have received the notice (not before this customer service demand them so), other one customer service officers stock as proof , and the third for krystal legal apartment. I didn't call my credit card yet, but I suppose still have time for it because i m still in this hotel (my last day in cancún). I'll call from airport tomorrow. Thank you, and hopefully wishing you all to find the solution out

Chien W.
Nov 29, 2016

I got same stories. I send out the cancellation request. They replied back saying that contact Clause 19 and 20 indicates Krystal Timeshare is not for profit and rental business is nothing to do with them. We signed on them. My god. These crooks USE RENTAL INCOME (INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY) TO TRICK US TO SIGN THE CONTRACT.

This is my reply to them

****************************************** During the sales meeting at Krystal, the sales manager Ludwig told us to ignore the clauses 19 and 20. He said that these clauses were included in the contract because Krystal could not sell timeshare vacation package and help us rent out the vacation package simultaneously according to Mexican law. To circumvent the law, Krystal has set up the other rental company seemingly unrelated to Krystal, called Latitude 21 Resorts, to focus on rental business for the vacation packages. He presented the guaranteed rental income document from the Latitude 21 Resorts, to trick us into signing the contracts with both Krystal and Latitude 21 at the same time. He even picked up the phone to call Latitude 21 during the sales meeting and confirmed with the Latitude 21 representatives that there would be no problems renting out our vacation package if purchased. Honestly, we did not want to purchase the Krystal time share vacation package at all, if not for the guaranteed income contract from Latitude 21 as part of the whole deal from Krystal. Basically the Krystal sales manager knowingly violated the contract’s own clauses to trick his customers into signing such fraudulent contracts.

Two day after we signed the contract, we wanted to cancel due to fraud allegations posted by Krystal rental scheme victims. Ludwig refused to cancel and repeated his lies about the rental income. If this is not a fraud what would you call it? According to Mr. Ludwig, Krystal occupancy rate is more than 90%. Then you got revenue from customer PLUS money from the victim customer like us. We never use any single day of Krystal resort and you put in rental program. Latitude 21 Resort (your partner crook company) guaranteed to rent, but never rent out a single day! Every time just kept lying and could not do anything. If this is not fraud and breach of contract, what else is?

Lattitude 21 is their sister crooked company

I paid $695 initially, then they ask additional $700 for upgrading to professional level (they promised to put ad to priceline.com, later another one from latitude said they never put ad in priceline.com because priceline.com is only for hotel, this is resort!). Up to today, they did not rent a penny, just lies after lies.

ICE: I paid $850 No good deal as they promised at sale: discounted airline tickets, $399 for a week in Hawaii. This summer we went to Chicago, we did not use ICE. We cannot find good deal. We found good deal from hotel.com, pricelin.com which are free

Anybody know how to cancel the contract and get money back?? What can we do?

Please email to fsv8899@gmail.com if you have solution or post on this broard. Thanks.

Lily L.
Nov 29, 2016

If we file the lawsuit together, we can prove it.

Lily L.
Nov 29, 2016

If we get all victims together, we can prove it.

I got same stories. I send out the cancellation request. They replied back saying that contact Clause 19 and 20 indicates Krystal Timeshare is not for profit and rental business is nothing to do with them. We signed on them. My god. These crooks USE RENTAL INCOME (INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY) TO TRICK US TO SIGN THE CONTRACT.

This is my reply to them ****************************************** During the sales meeting at Krystal, the sales manager Ludwig told us to ignore the clauses 19 and 20. He said that these clauses were included in the contract because Krystal could not sell timeshare vacation package and help us rent out the vacation package simultaneously according to Mexican law. To circumvent the law, Krystal has set up the other rental company seemingly unrelated to Krystal, called Latitude 21 Resorts, to focus on rental business for the vacation packages. He presented the guaranteed rental income document from the Latitude 21 Resorts, to trick us into signing the contracts with both Krystal and Latitude 21 at the same time. He even picked up the phone to call Latitude 21 during the sales meeting and confirmed with the Latitude 21 representatives that there would be no problems renting out our vacation package if purchased. Honestly, we did not want to purchase the Krystal time share vacation package at all, if not for the guaranteed income contract from Latitude 21 as part of the whole deal from Krystal. Basically the Krystal sales manager knowingly violated the contract’s own clauses to trick his customers into signing such fraudulent contracts. Two day after we signed the contract, we wanted to cancel due to fraud allegations posted by Krystal rental scheme victims. Ludwig refused to cancel and repeated his lies about the rental income. If this is not a fraud what would you call it? According to Mr. Ludwig, Krystal occupancy rate is more than 90%. Then you got revenue from customer PLUS money from the victim customer like us. We never use any single day of Krystal resort and you put in rental program. Latitude 21 Resort (your partner crook company) guaranteed to rent, but never rent out a single day! Every time just kept lying and could not do anything. If this is not fraud and breach of contract, what else is?

****************************************************** Lattitude 21 is their sister crookcompany I paid $695 initially, then they ask additional $700 for upgrading to professional level (they promised to put ad to priceline.com, later another one from latitude said they never put ad in priceline.com because priceline.com is only for hotel, this is resort!). Up to today, they did not rent a penny, just lies after lies.

ICE: I paid $850 No good deal as they promised at sale: discounted airline tickets, $399 for a week in Hawaii. This summer we went to Chicago, we did not use ICE. We cannot find good deal. We found good deal from hotel.com, pricelin.com which are free

Anybody know how to cancel the contract and get money back?? What can we do? Please email to fsv8899@gmail.com if you have solution or post on this board. Thanks.

Lily L.
Nov 29, 2016

Has anybody got any positive results from the Latitude21 rental scheme? I didn' t want to throw any more money to this possible scam business so I refused to join. Would be interesting to hear if somebody have had any positive experience from the Latitude21 rental company though.

Petra S.
Nov 29, 2016

Lattitude 21 is crook company. DO NOT TRUST THEM! Any ethical rental company will not ask you pay upfront fee.

Lily L.
Nov 29, 2016

Did you purchase timeshare?

Lily L.
Dec 08, 2016

Ugly situation.. When they cancel my first contract, I found out that I signed a tricky clause of "not refund the money( I was so naive to think the rescind without any fight.I didn't see it). So next day I was involved again to signed a new one, at least better one than previous with less financial pressure, and then I demand then (friendly) to give me a signed certificate about the money on the first contact that has transfered to the new one. They did so, and here back to my home, at the last day of five , I sent my rescission by e-mailing to the adress on the contract, as a telegram by post office in the same day as doble proof. They tried to contact me desperately the first two days, but now nothing. Guess they got it that my decision was firm. The problem now is I dont have proof that they have been legally informed (I want to think that telegram is enough, as the e-mail), I dont know how to dispute with credit card company, since I called them and they just said they can't do anything but wait the cancelation from sellers. The contract say that they have to refund money within 15 days, so probably i have to wait for another... 12 days. Or should I take some action before? What do you say? Any advice?

Chien W.
Dec 09, 2016

As long as you followed the rescission instructions carefully and mailed it within five days, they are legally required to refund you all the money, even if you did sign a waiver waiving your right of rescission. Such a waiver is not valid. And it's good that you stood your ground when they tried to make you change your mind.

If you want proof of rescinding, you should send your letter via certified mail, receipt requested. That way if there is any question as to whether you sent your rescission letter in on time or not, you have proof. In fact, that is usually the method rescission instructions say. And do not panic just yet if you do not see your refund. Sometimes refunds can take as long as 45 days so don't go calling anyone at the resort.

Lance C.
Dec 09, 2016

Ok. Thank you. The headache now is to pay first to credit card and wait for the refund at 15-45 day (hope not take so long). Uf, what a way to ruin a almost perfect vacation involving into this mess! I also email profeco to ask help yesterday, who knows, just in case. The first cancelation by help of profeco scared them, i could tell. But I was too stupid to not read the cancelation contract carefully, so almost lose all the money. My fault. From now on, I won't sign anything more during vacation, specially in México!

Chien W.
Dec 11, 2016

L V.

Last edited by paolam20 on Nov 19, 2019 09:54 PM

Dec 11, 2016

L V.

Last edited by paolam20 on Nov 19, 2019 09:55 PM

Dec 12, 2016

try to rent yourself before the end of the year. At least you can save from losing maintenance fee. Try with your friends or families and do it fast! If they run out of availability, you would have lose the right of use of this year and the maintenance fee because you didn't booked at due time (minimum of 30 day) .

Chien W.
Dec 12, 2016

I think you are in the same hole that we are. You won't get any money from rent because is not written in your contract. If you try to cancel they will tell you that you have to pay them about 8000 dollars, and any money that you give them is theirs to keep. I try to cancel I send them emails and call them many times but till now nothing happen, I stopped playing their bank concord and they said they are going to send me to collection at this point I don't give a f any more, they won't see a penny from me anymore. The already stole enough from me.

Yesenia A.

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.