The Manhattan Club

Maintenance Fees

May 06, 2010

put me on the list of people who will join a suit ... and contribute significantly to its expense.

Gerry Pastor pastorgh@prodigy.net

Gerry P.
Aug 04, 2010

I would like to add my name to a class action suit against MC. Please advise.

Roberta K.
Aug 04, 2010

go to the following to this facebook site and then the yahoo site - there are many that feel the same way you do

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=116892578330143 there is another group in yahoo

Monique D.
Aug 04, 2010

the address doesn't work

Roberta K.
Aug 06, 2010

why are the websites so difficult to log on to? I would be interested in seeing how many of us are disgusted with the Manhatten Club fees.. I am sick of them actually trying to get me to refer other people to buy. I wouldn't put my worst enemy in the position I'm in... Why in the world would I try to get other people to buy when I can't even book a night when I want to? Even months in advance. They completely oversold and still are trying to get more suckers....When it comes to voting, how do I know who will look out for my best interests? Is there any way we could email the people that are running????

Annmarie C.
Aug 06, 2010

Monique:What is the exact address for a class action suit?

Roberta K.
Aug 07, 2010

Go to facebook and search the manhattan club - all the yahoo info is there - not sure why the link isn't working

Monique D.
Aug 07, 2010

my wife and l can hardly wait until our NYC visit in 2 weeks, we get our tour at 11:30 am on the 21st. our deal is not too bad l night at the parkcentral $229.00 $50.00 cashback 2 theatre tickets or another $100.00 cash back

l made a very good living selling BS and blue skies, so listening to timeshare hustles is more mind numbing than painful. 2

Charles K.
Aug 08, 2010

Charles,

As many of us current Manhattan Club owners can tell you, you can HAVE my Manhattan Club package for FREE. I am totally serious. I want $0 for it, just TAKE IT.

Even charities will not accept these manhattan club weeks as donations because of the outrageous maintenance fees that are an annual burden, getting many of us in trouble now with our credit. I cannot even begin to tell you the horror stories being daily told on our listserv.

Once you get in, you cannot get out without taking a huge loss. Equally as important, no timeshare EVER increases in value (which is what they will tell you in our tour, that's what they told us in 2005) - it is downright worthless. They have the nerve to keep giving these "tours" and selling weeks to a timeshare that has NO MORE ROOM. You cannot get a week there each year unless you do so at least 9 months in advance notice, and, even then you are paying far more to buy in than to just book the nights on Expedia for $200 to $250/night (which would also would spare you paying annual "maintenance fees" in excess of $2,000 a year.

If all you want for your time is a cheap night out in NYC, that is fine, but just know going in what awaits you.

Cyndia S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 08, 2010 07:29 PM

Aug 09, 2010

Please tell me what you all did as far as voting? I didn't vote because I feel we are not being represented properly..They were calling to make sure I voted, but not knowing any of the candidates, and not knowing what the present board thinks, I ignored it all...What did you do?

Annmarie C.
Aug 14, 2010

A class action suit complaint is being undertaken at this time (8/14/2010) and, if you have not done so already, you can add your name to it as a Manhattan Club owner by e-mailing Manhattan ClubAG@aol.com - state your name, address, when you bought in and what your own difficulties have been as an owner (e.g., maintenance fees, reserving your week, aggressive collection efforts, etc)

PLEASE add your names and those of others you know are owners to make this as effective as possible

Cyndia S.
Aug 14, 2010

lawrence chazen

larry chazen
Aug 15, 2010

Just to be clear, to join in the class action suit, do not reply to me personally; send an e-mail to ManhattanClubAG@aol.com

Thanks

Cyndia S.
Dec 27, 2010

What price might work to sell a 1 bed, 2 bath unit odd year floating week?

Don S.
Jan 03, 2011

We also have a one bdrm two bath floating week at the Manhatten Club which we would love to dump. Have you gotten any ideas on how to price it and where to sell it? We never get to use it because it's always booked up. I don't make plans to drive into NYC 9 months in advance, we only live in PA, two hours away.......

Annmarie C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 03, 2011 08:22 PM

Jan 13, 2011

Timeshare contracts should not be perpetual. Our lives are not perpetual. Why would something that is not "real" property be sold and advertised as such? All timeshare owners who are wanting to rid themselves of the timeshare need to join together and take our fight to Congress. Timeshare laws need to be overhauled and we need to do it now. If you agree with me, please email me. Thanks.

Arnold B.
Jan 15, 2011

We were all taken in when we bought timesharing. I think it could work if you could book your nights less than 9 months in advance. How could they keep selling? Isn't there a limit to the amount of people that they get maintenance fees from? Don't you think we should be in touch with the present officers who are running the show? They must know the facts and figures as to how many owners are allowed by law......we should have some representation on the board....as for fighting congress, I'm much too old to wait for that outcome...

Annmarie C.
Jan 15, 2011

annmariec20 Would you like to be invited to our yahoo group of MC owners? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/manhattanclubowners/

You must get a Yahoo id so you can sign on. Give it a try

Lucy A.
Feb 09, 2011

I applied to join the Yahoo group. How long does approval take?

Roberta V.
Feb 09, 2011

You were approved today.

Lucy A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.