Sapphire Residences

anyone been to this resort?

Dec 05, 2010

To date, they have not lived up to their promise to me. It's been nearly 2 years and I haven't received a dime.

Joseph S.
Dec 06, 2010

I have to make you throw up, Cocosunsetvacationclub have no permit to sell timeshares, please advise this forum which unit number you bought, because if it is in cocosunsethill, residential condominium,no permit to sell timeshare or fractional ownership,,of any kind,,there is a lean on many properties,(cocosunsethill) close to 1,000,000us,,and they lost an appeal to remove the lean. There are many lawsuits in process at this time by condos owners against the developers,,

Gauthier G.
Dec 06, 2010

I do not have a week or unit number. My contract is with coco sunset sharing, S.A. Is this different than cocosunsethills? who is the developer? Is it Francesco Verrini?

Leann P.

Last edited by leannp7 on Dec 06, 2010 06:44 AM

Dec 06, 2010

1st -cocosunsethills is a title for a group of condos, residential, build by Playas de Las Palmas.com, and the owners are italians,, a good number of these condos are privately owned. That company decided without anyone consent to change the statut of residential condos to a hotel, resort, timeshare, fractional ownership, manage here by cocosunsetvacationclub. No permit from the municipality, just a permit for the administration of condos... The law of costa rica, is the same as anywhere in the states, and forbid to make any changes or status, without the consent of owners, and first the local municipality..of course.

The Cocosunsetsharing s.a, is a company formed by a lawyer in costa rica, for the sale of Time share,and tranferred many condos in that company, and administered officialy by that same lawyer. The name if you want to check is Giselle Nicole Reuben Hatounian, license no. 15437, associated with the biggest lawfirm( B L P) in Costa rica, located in San Jose. These informations are all accesible in the registro nacional for public consultation, on the internet. . And if your fractional ownership is with Cocosunsethill, many condos in that company have a lean on the title, and the builder appealed and lost the apeal to remove the lean. That company was formed directly by publishing it in the oficial registro nacional de costa rica, but never ask permit to the municipality,and as of today, to our knowledge still do not have a permit. If I am wrong, I am sure that company will come forward with all the necessary papers so that they can prove the opposite. The name you are mentioning does not show on any documents. But the manager of Cocosunsetvacationclub is Massimo Nicoli, general manager,,the internet is full of comments concerning that vacationclub, please read www.cocosunsetvacationclubcostaricaforumtripadvisor.com, maybe it will help you when you find out more persons in the same situation..

Gauthier G.
Dec 07, 2010

Sue Cotter

Sue C.

Last edited by suec220 on Dec 07, 2010 09:50 AM

Dec 07, 2010

I Was at Coco Sunset July 2009 and decided to purchase. I was very sceptical at first but after speaking to numerous people i still went ahead with it. I was promised $2500 per week and I rented out my unit for 2 weeks per year. I was supposed to recieve a check in the mail in August but it came in October.The amount was supposed to be for $5000 but was $4599. It is not what I expected but I did receive it and I am not as sceptical as i once was.I am now planning my next trip to Coco Sunset and am really looking forward to visiting Coco once again. I hope this helps Sue Cotter

Sue C.
Dec 07, 2010

I read the previous message, I am sure that the rental of SUEC220, is close to a miracle. Tourists are renting units with 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms close to the supposed units, and are renting 500us per month..You should let the others on this forum know who to contact to get such an amount, please help them , I am sure they will wait for more information from you.specially with all the money you received. If we could see the money in your bank account, I am sure the previous owners of timeshares would feel better..Maybe their luck will come. Please share with this forum how they can get their share. We are waiting for more information from you, LUCKY ONE...

Gauthier G.
Dec 14, 2010

My wife and I bought two weeks in Coco Sunset May 2009. We have been able to exchange easily as they say, we did get to stay in Can Cun for only $300 for the week., they did tell me that they were going to deduct the $300 maintenance. we did receive one check this year. The units are really comfortably and very relaxing I say those units are very nice and with a beautifull ocean view, Unfortunally there is not much to do on the beach, but Costa Rica is a place that I woud love to go back ,

Ces B.
Dec 14, 2010

Dear Sue, Please let us know which company you went through to rent out your timeshare because cocosunset vacation club told me that they do not handle this. They referred me to Executive Properties & others that wanted money up front, so I didn't even try. I guess that was the only good decision I made, since one of the other owners has stated Executive Properties just took his money & haven't done anything for him. Against my better judgement I bought into this timeshare scam which we all need to investigate further. Thanks to "gauterig" I'm going to do more research & consult an attorney in Coco. I have a feeling we have all been taken for a ride & really can't believe that "Sue" is a real person....please let us know more Sue!!!

Peggy H.
Jan 19, 2011

My wife and I were in Costa Rica in Nov. And we to were scammed into purchasing the fractional. We both are wanting to get out of this nightmare, like many I've read on this site. I would be willing to form a group that would hire a Costa Rican lawyer to help represent us folks who feel thy have been scammed.

Danny O.
Jan 19, 2011

Yes, DON'T buy their package its a scam!

Danny O.
Jan 19, 2011

I am not surprised, this is a total scam. Please inform anyone you know. Lets put them out of business.

Danny O.
Jan 19, 2011

We were told by people who actually own three units in this developement they can't sell fractionals within residential condos. I am wondering if a law suit may be in order?

Danny O.
Jan 20, 2011

I have seen the resort and almost purchased one but they didn't do everything they told and showed me. I was to get a document where they would buy back the timeshare if I became unhappy any time during the first five years. I got the document but somehow it got switch and my copy only had our signatures. This was after a sizeable deposit. They never would sent the copy to me that had all the signatures. I wouldn't pay anything more unless I got the document. They kept the deposit. We didn't discover the switch until we got home and start going over all the document. We worked trying to get them to send the document for months. Then new people came in and said they do not do buy backs. We were out out deposit. Be careful in any dealing with these people. This was back 2009.

Harry D.
Jan 21, 2011

I was in Coco last week & consulted with my attorney about the company Coco Sunset Vacation Club. She says that they are legal, contrary to what some people have stated. The company probably owns the condos that they are using as time shares. As far as being approved by the municipality, I'm not sure...but there are many illegal activities in Costa Rica that no one ever addresses. So, I'm going to show her my contract, but I don't think there is much we can do about it, but use the week or weeks we have bought. The company never claimed to rent out the weeks; only referred me to other companies like Executive Properties, which I thought were scams...whenever a company wants money up front, beware!! I've learned the hard way too.

Peggy H.
Jan 22, 2011

question I see every one talking about not purchasing this time share because it is a condo but my question is it also a timeshare because I was plan on swapping into to it for my trip to costa rica in march and just want to make sure it nice looking also if if it has an 1800 # or just the international #

George E.
Feb 12, 2011

When we bought the salesperson recommended Executive Properties, it was too good to be true, after a year we received the first check, and it was for the full amount. The only thing is that at the end we ended paying for the maintenance fee, I believe that is the only part that is not clear at the sales point, other than that, great service from everybody involved.

Jonathan P.
Feb 12, 2011

We are very happy with cocosunset; we will contact other members to write reviews about this place, this post does not reflect everything that we have found.

Margarite M.

Last edited by margaritem on Feb 12, 2011 10:18 AM

Feb 12, 2011

We bought a fractional contract a year ago, after our purchase we google the place and found this post, for a moment we freak out, we took the paperwork to a lawyer to investigate on this company, everything is fine and legal, we are very happy with the purchase.

Margarite M.
Mar 15, 2011

We bought last December and our salesperson was very thorough! he did explain about the rental income option and how our participation on it is completetly voluntary and independent from them... We most likely will use it there and to exchange so...My wife and I feel very good about this vacation investment.

Ron G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.