Aug 05, 2009

WE were thinking of purhasing a resale unit. Our question is are the owners getting an additional surcharge--expense fee in addition to the annual maintenance fee for the new pool area. We own in Aruba and are getting a surcharge this year of an additional $1600+ for the rehab of the units? Any thought would be appreciated. Mark R

Mark R.
Aug 11, 2009

No, we have not been given any surcharges. Maintenance, upkeep, and future reserves are all a part of the maintenance fee.

Barbara W.
Aug 12, 2009

WE also read something on the owners site page at Marriott that the Maui Ocan club will be charged additional $$ for the rehab of the rooms starting next year depending on the size and usage that you own. Do you know anything about this?

Mark R.
Aug 14, 2009

I've owned for 11 years and the rooms have been re-done twice -- this is part of the maintenance budget and reserves, not a charge to owners. The same with the new pool.

Vivian H.
Aug 14, 2009

Thank you for your input--appreciated!

Mark R.
Aug 14, 2009

I have 2 units for resale. check my listing on redweek.

Barbara W.
Aug 14, 2009

The current figures show no extra charges, there are amounts already accrued for ongoing work. The Annual Meeting is in October and there is no agenda item for any extra assessments of any kind.

As far as purchases, it would seem to be a great time to do it, there's units here on Red Week at prices that make me almost sick !

I don't know how avidly Marriott is applying their Right of First Refusal to such sales, anyone know ?

Paul G.
Aug 15, 2009

I think my response was wiped out.. I'll try again. I think Marriott has its hands full with the economy mess as do the rest of us. I agree with these ridiculously low prices. If you can grab one of these deals now, you'll have a luxury vacation for life in one of the best spots on the planet. I am dreading selling one of my every-other-weeks (at 1/2 what I paid) but I am determined to hang on to the other. I may even pull this one off the market next week -- prices are too low!

Vivian H.
Aug 15, 2009

Agreed Vivian

I just reserved an early June 2010 for my 1br/Maui wing EOY. We may use it, exchange it or even try renting it out here on RedWeek but I'm not giving it away by selling. Thing is, we're using our other EOY in October and watching the $$ a bit so another trip six months later may be a stretch !

I read on TUG that Marriott is seemingly not exercising ROFR at present.

Paul G.
Aug 16, 2009

They are probably too busy with their two new wings.

Vivian H.
Sep 18, 2009

what listing is yours?

CJOK
Sep 18, 2009

Hi Candice, I'm not sure who you are asking about. I have an EOY 1br/2ba villa ocean view listed for $10,500. I had an offer that was close to this, but really don't want to sell so am sticking with this price. It is a dream place and location and I've enjoyed it for 10 years.

Vivian H.
Oct 06, 2009

I am selling my EOY 2bdrm/3bath OCEAN FRONT, PLATINUM at a very low price and it does not appear as Marriot is exercising their FROR. Now is definetly the time to buy resale.

Lynn H.
Oct 06, 2009

Hi Candicek12 I don't know who you were asking, but I have 2 units, both annual ocean view 1 bdrm, 2 bath for sale, listed at 16,500 each.

Barbara W.
Oct 08, 2009

We are in closing for an EOY Ocarn front 1 Bedroom for $8000---seemed like a pretty good price and Marriott signed off on it! There were 2 other EOY 1 bedroom Oceanfront that sold for $7800 on REDWEEK as well.

Mark R.
Jan 16, 2010

Don't have a 2 bedroom, but have 2-1 bdrm annual units. We have booked them next to each other and sleep 8-10. We find that the 2 units give us more flexibility in years we are not going to Maui, and more privacy in years that we bring the entire family. Both are oceanview.

Barbara

Barbara W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 17, 2010 12:17 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.