TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE

Forum: General Discussion

page 7 of 7

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   next page  »

Message Author

By John B.

try donating to a tax free charity, you will have to pay maintenance until sale and there maybe closing cost, if it's paid for you can start a trust, transfer owner ship to trust and let them come after the trust, that would spot hit on your credit

1 month ago
May 08, 2019

By Lance C.

johnb2560 wrote:
Try donating to a tax free charity, you will have to pay maintenance until sale and there maybe closing cost...

A charity will charge to take a unit off an owner's hands. Besides, your suggestion defeats the purpose of trying to get rid of a timeshare, that of not paying maintenance fees.

If the owner is of a Mexican RTU timeshare, the easiest way to get rid of it is usually to just stop paying maintenance fees and the travel club will just terminate the membership. An owner does not need a third-party charity to get involved.

1 month ago
May 08, 2019

By Mikael G.

May I ask which state you live in? Do you know if there is a Foreign-Country Money Judgment Recognition Act in place for your state, or perhaps something similar? It sounds like you have been fortunate. I want to try to determine my odds for similar good fortune!

leonar10 wrote:
I have not heard from Bel Air (formerly the Grande) for over a year. They threatened collection agency and still nothing. I have not paid maintenance fee for over 7 years now. I absolutely refuse to pay them another cent. I have told them that I cannot afford this timeshare and do not use it. I don't think they can do anything as they haven't yet. Good luck to all who want out.

1 month ago
May 08, 2019

By Leona R.

If the contract says the timeshare is deeded is it a legal contract? I have not paid Bel Air in Mexico anything for over 7 years now and only one e-mail stating they would take this to collection agency. Are all timeshares only right to use? I don't think they can touch me with a ten foot pole as they haven't yet. All you can do with these timeshare crooks is kiss the money goodbye. Good luck to all.

Last edit by leonar10 on Jun 07, 2019 09:44 AM.

1 week ago
Jun 07, 2019

page 7 of 7

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free