Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone purchased from SumDay Vacations?

Jun 24, 2012

marilynf25 wrote:
My experience - the deed needed to be corrected and Sumday caught the mistake. They worked with the resort to correct the problem.I had only good experiences with this company. I received the deeds from both properties quicker than another company. Jeff Brown at Sumday helped me.

The deed should not have had an error to begin with .... Sumday should have caught it when they received it.

R P.
Jul 02, 2012

The mistake was made on a prior sale of the property several years ago. Sumday caught the mistake and contacted the realty company that manages the timeshare. The realty company appreciated the info from Sumday and had the deed changed. I have had good and quick service from Sumday - but, obviously some people have not had good service.

Marilyn F.
Feb 19, 2014

Great experience. Just spent one week in my maui timeshare that was cheap and transferred correctly and quickly. I love Sumday and am looking for another week from them. Guess I am another "exception" that is completely satisfied

Pam H.
Feb 20, 2014

Marilyn, Pamh282, You ladies are either very hot and make the place look good. Or your employees of the place. ( where's the smiley face). Never heard of Sumday Vacations, Are they a resort? If so where? or a vacation Club?

Joseph F.
Feb 20, 2014

I'm not finding any damning evidence against SumDay Vacations. However, I know that they work with Timeshares To Charity/Timeshare Charity Transfer as well as the David & Cindy MacMillan companies (Pacific Transfer, Right Choice Transfer, Resort Member's Association, Transfer Smart, etc).

If SumDay Vacations is a "good" company then my advice to them would be to stay far away from companies that have proven track records of being dirtier than dirt itself.

J V.
Feb 20, 2014

To the people who enjoyed a good experience with Sumday Vacations, "consider yourself lucky". They are in the same category as all the other so-called transfer companies, very slick scammers!!!!!

Tam M.
Feb 20, 2014

What was your personal experience?

traudem wrote:
To the people who enjoyed a good experience with Sumday Vacations, "consider yourself lucky". They are in the same category as all the other so-called transfer companies, very slick scammers!!!!!

J V.
Apr 08, 2014

I had the same experience. I bought a timeshare, made the plane and car reservations. I called the resort to verify, and they had a differ ent chrckmin date. Sumday advertised the wrong dates, and would nor do anything about it. I will never purchase from them again.

Donna C.
Apr 08, 2014

donna1243 wrote:
I had the same experience. I bought a timeshare, made the plane and car reservations. I called the resort to verify, and they had a differ ent chrckmin date. Sumday advertised the wrong dates, and would nor do anything about it. I will never purchase from them again.

If they advertised the wrong dates then you should insist on a refund. If they do not comply then you should file a formal complaint with the attorney general in the state Sumday is located .... you can do this online.

R P.
Jun 05, 2014

Last year I purchased one EOY ownership through them and we did not have a bad experience. It took at most two months to finalize but it was handled accordingly. We were then able to get our membership and we are looking forward to our first exchange.

Mark L.
Sep 01, 2015

has anyone transferred their timeshare to them and what was approximate cost? Are they legal?

Jean G.
Sep 01, 2015

jeang177 wrote:
has anyone transferred their timeshare to them and what was approximate cost? Are they legal?

As far as I know, they are legal. But you do not transfer your timeshare to them. They try to find a taker for you. You can ask them what their costs are but don't let them talk you into anything. Ask what their procedure is for getting the unit legally transferred out of your name. Many companies like this just list your unit for sale.

If you can put forth a little effort, you can find another person to take ownership of your unit and it will likely cost a lot less than what SumDay might charge. List your unit for sale on a web site such as here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement, Bid Shares, My Resort Network, E-Bay, or Timeshare Users Group's (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) Bargain Deals section. If you are serious about getting rid of your unit, offer to pay the closing costs and even the next year's maintenance fee for the new owner.

Lance C.
Jan 23, 2016

They are a bunch of con artists. First they suckers you in with the promise of a free cruise, then sell you a membership in Gold Crown and another promise to help unload your unwanted timeshare. After paying money, guess what...nothing gets done! Stay away!

Mike F.
Jan 23, 2016

mikef546 wrote:
They are a bunch of con artists. First they suckers you in with the promise of a free cruise, then sell you a membership in Gold Crown and another promise to help unload your unwanted timeshare. After paying money, guess what...nothing gets done! Stay away!

Yes, they are a bunch of scammers and con artists and they have been around for some time. It's absolutely amazing the time share owners continue to fall for these folks.....

Tam M.
Jan 23, 2016

File a complaint with the Attorney General in your state.

Don P.
Feb 18, 2016

The feedback time allowed for timeshare purchases is very unrealistic

Marc M.
Apr 08, 2016

I've bought 2 timeshares through SumDay Vacations. 1 on EBay and 1 directly from their website, could not be happier. Both transactions went through without a hitch. I will definitely be looking to buy another from them. I highly recommend SumDay Vacations for purchasing.

Diane H.
Apr 15, 2016

I have never purchased a timeshare from SumDay myself, but many very experienced timeshare people on Timeshare Users Group (TUG) have certainly done so and quite consistently report being satisfied with their transaction experience with SumDay. The company owner is a man named Jeff Brown, who seems to go out of his way to make sure that any buyer problems or transaction errors are resolved to everyone's satisfaction and publicly disclosed. There are precious few other resale timeshare companies that can make that particular claim, at least in my own observation and experience.

KC
May 03, 2016

That is also true with timeshare transfers. They took my money and told me 90 days to be completed and transferred. I called today and Trisha Pardus now says up to 180 days, stating she never told me 90 days. one of us is lying! in the meantime I keep paying maintenance fees on a timeshare I don't own. They cant understand why I'm angry???????????? D'Ante Harris, wanted to know if I was threatening him on the phone. Another tactic they use on their customers. he wouldn't tell me his name stating I didn't deserve to get it by being angry. Terrible business practice and customer service. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zero customer service!! You would think they would at least do a follow up on where the transfer is at. Instead you get the standard response "its in the final process" which means we don't have a clue!

Rocky F.

Last edited by rockyf8 on May 05, 2016 05:37 AM

Jun 14, 2016

I bought a timeshare from them and it went smooth...no problems.

Susan Bowen

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.