Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone heard of ICare Timeshare Marketing Group Inc.

Oct 12, 2009

stephenm220 wrote:
will let you know what happens

"What happens" is a foregone conclusion; there are NO EXCEPTIONS. This has already been very clearly stated by multiple people in various preceding posts on this topic. I suggest you accept the simple truth.

You have apparently chosen to make a voluntary financial contribution to these parasites. They will NEVER sell your timeshare. You can hope and pray and wait to see "what happens" for just as long as you want, but in reality you should now simply just color that money GONE...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 12, 2009 07:20 AM

Oct 13, 2009

Parasites are a good name, these clowns tried to bilk me for $1300+ yesterday, I told them that I would only pay if it sold and the proceeds came out of escrow. The mouth pieces name was Steve Nicholson and smooth he was. I particulary liked, "Upstairs will be calling you", schtick. These guys are ripoff and con artists. Beware !!!

Scott M.
Oct 14, 2009

scottm421 wrote:
Parasites are a good name, these clowns tried to bilk me for $1300+ yesterday, I told them that I would only pay if it sold and the proceeds came out of escrow. The mouth pieces name was Steve Nicholson and smooth he was. I particulary liked, "Upstairs will be calling you", schtick. These guys are ripoff and con artists. Beware !!!

And thanks to internet timeshare forums such as this one, we're getting the word out ..... my main purpose for posting here .... I hope to see the day that all the upfront fee scammers are shut down and prosecuted.

R P.
Oct 19, 2009

I did a search of iCare Timeshare and found several warnings about the company. When I told iCare Timeshare about the compalints, I was told that they were written on a blog by disgruntled employees and that the comments could not be removed from the internet because they were posted on a blog. So, my next obvious question is: Are you an employee or former employee, disgruntled or otherwise? Please reply as soon as possible!

The agent is Steven Nicholson, Florida license #3311.

Thank you very much.

Denis Alongi

Dennis A.
Oct 19, 2009

Another Lie by ICare Timeshare, I am not, nor have I ever been an employee. They just tried to get me for money because they said they had a buyer for my timeshare. Which was a lie also. Stay far away from these clowns as they will dissappear after they have your money. Good luck

Scott M.
Oct 20, 2009

dennisa105 wrote:
I did a search of iCare Timeshare and found several warnings about the company. When I told iCare Timeshare about the compalints, I was told that they were written on a blog by disgruntled employees and that the comments could not be removed from the internet because they were posted on a blog. So, my next obvious question is: Are you an employee or former employee, disgruntled or otherwise? Please reply as soon as possible!

The agent is Steven Nicholson, Florida license #3311.

Thank you very much. Denis Alongi

I seriously doubt the warnings are from former employees .... my guess is the warnings are from people that have been scammed by that company.

R P.
Nov 10, 2009

They called me about my 3 timeshare weeks. The rep was very good and gave me their full name and address, license numbers and his direct phone number. He said he had a qualified buyer that would give me $12088 for one of my timeshares and asked if I would accept that price. I told him I would give them all 3 for that price. At that point I smelled the rat ! Then he proceeded to tell me the fee was $688 which the buyer would reimburse me and he wanted me to pay the fee upfront. When I told him no, he lowered the fee several times and I repeatedly told him that I would be happy to pay his fee AFTER the deal was completed but no upfront money. At that point the SOB hung up on me. I tried calling his "direct" number only to get an answering machine. I left him a good message. His name is Robert Hernandez (likely fake too). PLEASE DON'T give money up front to this company or any others. Read the write-up on the TUG Timeshare Users Group Site. Here is the link: http://www.tug2.net/advice/howtosellyourtimeshare.htm

Tom W.
Nov 28, 2009

Wish I read this before - looks like I lost my money - they said they had a renter. After I sent the money - I called several times sent mails no response. Pls anyone out there never pay upfront - I learnt the hard way. How can companies get away with this - why can they not be stopped!!

Maria T.
Nov 29, 2009

mariat115 wrote:
Wish I read this before - looks like I lost my money - they said they had a renter. After I sent the money - I called several times sent mails no response. Pls anyone out there never pay upfront - I learnt the hard way. How can companies get away with this - why can they not be stopped!!

They get away with it because they are not reported to the Attorney General in the state the scam company is located .... once they get your money they will not take calls or answer emails ..... report them ASAP .... you can google to find out how to report them to that particular state's Attorney General.

R P.
Dec 05, 2009

yes, they are a scam company but all you have to do is call your credit card company and they will put your bill in dispute and investigate the problem. If more people do this, this company will go out of business.

Mark G.
Dec 10, 2009

Has anyone Had A sucessfull sale this this Company, I want to no that they are a ligetitmate Co thanks jerryflorida

Jerry M.
Dec 11, 2009

jerrym214 wrote:
Has anyone Had A sucessfull sale this this Company, I want to no that they are a ligetitmate Co thanks jerryflorida

How many times do us regular posters here on Redweek have to say over and over and over again that if they ask for an upfront fee, then they're a scam ????? Have you not read all the negative posts here regarding that company ????

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 11, 2009 09:36 AM

Dec 19, 2009

Yes and they are a ripoff.

They lied to me, they took an additional unauthorized amount from me, and will not return my calls. I don't care that they are licensed or any of that and Florida does not regulate this industry tightly. They are all a menace and these folks are sheltered by being based in the UK.

Stay away from them. They sound good on the phone and we are going through financial hell after losing so much in the last year and it is getting worse like it is for so many Americans and these people are unscrupulous predators, the trash that comes out of the sewer to prey on us when we are most emotionally vulnerable. I am a disabled vet and take care of my 90 year ols father who was burnt from head to toe in the Pacific and is also a vet. There is a man named Mitchell who is very engaging but a liar, watch out, stay away.

Joe Leinweber Jr, Ret USAF

Joe L.
Dec 19, 2009

jerrym214 wrote:

NO ONE has ever had a successful sale utilizing ANY upfront fee company ---INCLUDING THIS ONE! Period, amen. End of story.

If you CHOOSE to make a "donation" of hard earned cash to useless parasites like this, your timeshare will NEVER be sold. If you pay them, you will not be a "victim" --- you will instead be a willing VOLUNTEER, despite being very clearly warned in advance NOT to volunteer...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 20, 2009 07:34 AM

Dec 26, 2009

They are definitely a scam operation. I just got off the phone after talking to this Paul Hayes who is nothing but scam. When they want money up front; walk away as fast as you can. They feed at the bottom of the ocean.

Jerry J.
Dec 26, 2009

They are lower than whale s it. They are the scum of the earth.People when something seems to good to be true; you can take it to the bank that it is.Don't give these people any money.

Jerry J.
Dec 29, 2009

Listen people, I own, a timeshare, and I have been trying to sell it for years. The only safe, legal way you are going to get rid of it is through your own existing company by trying to sell it back to them for pennies. You wont make much, but it is really the only way unless you sell it to a friend or advertise on ebay and SELL IT YOURSELF! Don't trust any company to do this because they don't exist, they are all listing companies. Listen up, none of them are legally able to sell your timeshare, they are not realtors, and realtors are too busy to mess with a timeshare, they are too hard to resell. So, unless you are a realtor, or want your realtos license, good luck, don't bother with the reseale companies they are ALL scam artists, just trust me, I know what I am talking about. Also, stay away from advertising on Ebay or Craigslist, they purposely look for people trying to resell there. We are like deer with big targets there. Anywho, just wanted to put that information out there. If you are wanted to attempt to resale with a company always ask these questions: Is there a contract? Is there a money back guarantee? Do I have to pay upfron? How much do you get? Are you licensed relators? Where is yoiur business? Are you just a listing company? Can I have the name of your business, your history, phone number, address? If they can't straight answer any of this and want the money upfront hang up the phone!! I hope this helps some people.

Callie M.
Dec 29, 2009

JayJay, I wonder if the Steve Nicholson mentioned above is the same Steve Nichols that is involved with the TNM scam. Just speculating

Ronald N.
Dec 31, 2009

Paid 450 in July. Got a call Sunday and left a message that two parties were interested. Called last night and said one party is buying it. Money would be here in 30 to 45 days. But she said that I have 6 weeks banked and could sell them for 1700 for each week. But I have to pay upfront 200 for each week. She will be calling in about 30 mins.

Mark S.
Dec 31, 2009

She called and said that it is going thru. Will hear something in 20 days or so. But I declined the offer of selling my 6 weeks for rental. She tried to go down to 4 weeks and two. Said no. She didn't sound happy. Will see what happens by the end of Jan. I havn't heard a thing from them.

Mark S.

Last edited by marks854 on Feb 04, 2010 11:28 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.