General Discussion

options on getting out of timeshare

Nov 24, 2009

we bought a every other year timeshare at hacienda encantada in cabos san lucas for 10,800 3 years ago we have yet to use it truth is we bought it on our honeymoon we now have a one year old and aare not interested in leaving her for a week . i realize i will not get all my money back just looking for the best option and does anybody have a real estimate on its worth

Chad C.
Nov 25, 2009

chadc60 wrote:
we bought a every other year timeshare at hacienda encantada in cabos san lucas for 10,800 3 years ago we have yet to use it truth is we bought it on our honeymoon we now have a one year old and aare not interested in leaving her for a week . i realize i will not get all my money back just looking for the best option and does anybody have a real estimate on its worth

A timeshare is worth only what someone is willing to pay and in this down economy many people are not traveling at all (especially when having to fly) much less buying timeshares ... some timeshares can't even be given away .... it depends on the supply and demand of your resort and time owned .... you might consider keeping it and exchanging it for something closer to your home ... Redweek is now an exchange company also.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.