Timeshare Companies

My Great Escape

Jan 13, 2010

Has anyone dealt with My Great Escapes? thanks jon

Jon C.
Jan 14, 2010

In what capacity? If you're trying to sell a timeshare never ever pay an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands dollars.

R P.
Feb 25, 2010

Again, another post deleted providing a link to the BBB showing this company is a ripoff was deleted.....HOW IS THAT PROMOTING a company??

More censorship....thought the point of this forum was to HELP PEOPLE????

Relieved T.
Feb 26, 2010

Redweek is a privately own business .... they can censor anything they wish in the forums ... btw, a BBB rating means absolutely nothing.

R P.
Apr 06, 2010

We did "sign up" with this company. They basically took our money and are no longer contacting us or any way of us contacting them. I had a couple people I was going to refer to them, but they are like "all the rest" and if anyone is different, they have to do things different. Ya know, no money upfront... We have been "burnt" twice now. I know, we have learned.

Car R.
Apr 06, 2010

carr6 wrote:
We did "sign up" with this company. They basically took our money and are no longer contacting us or any way of us contacting them. I had a couple people I was going to refer to them, but they are like "all the rest" and if anyone is different, they have to do things different. Ya know, no money upfront... We have been "burnt" twice now. I know, we have learned.

"Burn we once, it's your fault .... burn me twice, it's my fault" ..... file a complaint with the attorney general in the state the scammers are located or just do nothing ... it's up to you.

R P.
May 13, 2010

I have experienced the same situation. I have not been contacted by this company after I sent them the Money!!!

Annette A.
May 14, 2010

....and now they don't answer the phones, fax doesn't pick up, nor are they reading emails.

Jon C.
May 17, 2010

Have you also been hit by this company putting up monies and no response or did they finally come through. I have sent a complaint to the BBB.

Call me 402-957-4915

Annette A.
May 20, 2010

annettea39 wrote:
I have sent a complaint to the BBB.
The BBB is a powerless, paper tiger, membership organization with NO legal authority whatsoever. You might just as well complain to your aunt or neighbor --- or pet.

If you want to elicit real legal authority and muscle, contact the Attorney General's office (in writing, with copies of all pertinent documents and chronological details provided) of the state in which these parasites are physically located.

The BBB is a waste of your time and energy. They collect and tabulate received complaint statistics --- so what? Recording your complaint and turing it into a statistic won't get your money back...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 20, 2010 10:26 AM

Jul 26, 2010

Yes, we've been ripped off by this company as well. The "buyer" for our week called us first, settled on a price and then he said he worked with My Great Escape for the paperwork and it might take up to 60 days. This "Robert Fuller" of Rochester, MN, called a few times to talk over this business transaction, then the paperwork was to be dealt with by MGE. After sending them the money in January, I had to keep calling and getting them to send me the paperwork to complete this transaction. The last time we heard from them, it was for us to sign an authorization for them to receive personal information from Starwood, our ownership company. After that, voicemail box full is all we get. It is a SCAM!!!!

Rhonda H.
Jul 26, 2010

IT is a scam!! Don't deal with them.

Rhonda H.
Jul 26, 2010

Interesting...Robt Fuller was the buyer of my unit as well before XMas. Haven't heard nothing from either one in 5 months. Robt Fuller must have a lot of timeshares through this scam. Interesting fact is our timeshare resort has never been contacted by them. I left a message with Mr Fuller recently and told him he is being investigated by any federal agency I can get to listen. FCC included. I am going to hit them hard on any internet place I can. Jon

Jon C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.