Feb 24, 2010

I may have done something real stupid!! I paid in full for a timeshare rental thru wynhdam in orlando...Main office i guess..They rented me a room from the timeshare building..Is this legit??did i get ripped off??Its for a resort on the beach in fla..

David G.
Feb 24, 2010

I am not posting an ad..I really am worried.......

David G.
Feb 25, 2010

davidg342 wrote:
I may have done something real stupid!! I paid in full for a timeshare rental thru wynhdam in orlando...Main office i guess..They rented me a room from the timeshare building..Is this legit??did i get ripped off??Its for a resort on the beach in fla..

If you are still in your rescission period (read your contract) then you can rescind the purchase until you learn much more about the world of timesharing and that's what I would do if I were you ... you can find a resale for a fraction of what you paid the developer or possibly find someone that's giving a timeshare away at your resort ... as far as Wyndham renting you a room, there's nothing wrong with that.

R P.
Feb 25, 2010

ummm that's not what he is asking. He isnt asking about buying a timeshare. Try to read next time.

As far as the original question, yes you got ripped off. you can rent a timeshare from places other than wyndham at a cheaper rate

Relieved T.
Feb 26, 2010

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!! I got ripped of as in i wont get the room or i paid to much???I dont understand what your are saying.....Cause i never mentioned what i paid just who i rented from.....So are you saying i wont have a room i paid for??

David G.
Mar 24, 2010

davidg342 wrote:
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!! I got ripped of as in i wont get the room or i paid to much???I dont understand what your are saying.....Cause i never mentioned what i paid just who i rented from.....So are you saying i wont have a room i paid for??

Not a clue.

if you rented thru the Wyndham website, you probably paid more than you needed to, but would have better likelihood of having a place to stay.

Were you given a confirmation number? Did you get any kind of email or snail nail paperwork?

If not, call whoever you dealt with and ask for your confirmation number, then call the resort to see that your name is assigned to that reservation in their system.

good luck!

Vicki Y.
Mar 25, 2010

davidg342 wrote:

Okay, I get it now .... yes, it's legit even though you probably could have saved money by renting from a Wyndham owner instead of directly from Wyndham .... you shouldn't have anything to worry about, but as the post above mentioned I would make sure that I had the confirmation from Wyndham.

R P.
Jun 21, 2010

they have an office in fla and a beautiful hotel in Panama that is all I know. Karyl 96

K R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.