Club Velas Vallarta

Has Anyone Had Success Selling Their Club Velas Vallarta Timeshare on Redweek?

May 28, 2010

We have a studio at Club Velas Vallarta that we'd like to sell. I was just curious to know if any of you have had success on here selling your Club Velas Vallarta timeshare and what to price it at for success in selling it on Redweek? I've seen several ads for resales, but I have no idea how successful they are since there is no record of sales on this site. I am very interested in hearing from the successful sellers. Thanks in advance for your help!

Jonathan G.
Oct 10, 2010

I have the same question. For that matter has anyone been able to sell a Velas Vallarata unit period. If so, how?

Kent A.
Mar 15, 2012

I would ask the same question. We have a Studio at Club Velas Vallarta, and have had no luck in selling it. What has happened with your efforts in selling his property? Any in-put would be appreciated. Carol Griffin

Carol G.
Mar 15, 2012

carolg146 wrote:
I would ask the same question. We have a Studio at Club Velas Vallarta, and have had no luck in selling it. What has happened with your efforts in selling his property? Any in-put would be appreciated. Carol Griffin

No luck here with our studio. I just blast out to Facebook to see if anyone wants to rent it. It worked last time I tried.

Jonathan G.
Jun 18, 2013

I couldn't sell my Club Velas timeshares. I gave them away successfully. It took a while to do it, but I found someone with a lot of time at Velas who had a lot of contacts. He found two people to take my timeshares. They were both one bedroom villas. I bought them second hand for a pitance and therefore it was no loss to me. The assignees paid the $75.00 transfer fee.

jonathang59 wrote:
We have a studio at Club Velas Vallarta that we'd like to sell. I was just curious to know if any of you have had success on here selling your Club Velas Vallarta timeshare and what to price it at for success in selling it on Redweek? I've seen several ads for resales, but I have no idea how successful they are since there is no record of sales on this site. I am very interested in hearing from the successful sellers. Thanks in advance for your help!

Jerry K.
Jul 09, 2013

I too owned at Club Velas and loved going there but the maintenance fees became outrageous so I signed it back to them in 2011. I had to pay $100 to do this. I live in the USA. You don't own property when you buy timeshare in Mexico so they can't do anything about it out of their country.

jerryk34 wrote:
I have a one bedroom that I can't even give away.

Sonja P.
Jul 09, 2013

I too owned at Club Velas and loved going there but the maintenance fees became outrageous so I signed it back to them in 2011. I had to pay $100 transfer fee to do this. I live in the USA. You don't own property when you buy timeshare in Mexico so they can't do anything about it out of their country. I do miss going there.

Sonja P.
Sep 21, 2013

Can you give me more details on who you talked to and how you gave it back to Velas for just the $100 transfer fee? I am wanting to give it back to them as well. Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.

sonjap15 wrote:
I too owned at Club Velas and loved going there but the maintenance fees became outrageous so I signed it back to them in 2011. I had to pay $100 transfer fee to do this. I live in the USA. You don't own property when you buy timeshare in Mexico so they can't do anything about it out of their country. I do miss going there.

Nathan T.
Sep 22, 2013

I was able to give away two one bedroom contracts. I met a man at Velas who had a lot of contacts and he was able to find TAKERS. They had to pay only the transfer fee. He started looking in March and by July they were gone.

Jerry K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.