Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa

TOO MANY BUILDINGS...THE GOLF COURSE....NEED ANOTHER HUGE MAIN POOL

Jul 13, 2010

We just got back Saturday July 10th and there are soooo many buildings now and the main pool was soooo packed. People go down and throw towels over every cabana and chair at 7:00am and you never see half of them used for hours.I think the resort has lost some of the quaintness and exclusivity now and the wait for a golf cart.... rediculous....they have to travel all over the resort and it seems like there are only a hand full of cart drivers now. Plus we had to drive for over ten minutes just dropping other people off all over. We had the worst service at the La Nau in 6 years the last night we were there. The waiters were busy with bigger groups and our small table of four really never even had a waiter, we kept asking anyone who walked by for more water. We are going to start going in the off season now just so we don't have to deal with the huge crowds. They said spring break was only 50% occupancy! The maid service was 100% perfect though and those girls really work hard. I wish they would stop with the building though and work on the golf course instead....which our owners breakfast sales person informed us will be yet another 3 to 5 years!!! Nicholas isn't getting the money so they now have "other backers" they are lining up??? The grocery store is complete but they have no idea when they will be stocking it too. It's just sitting there empty. No mention of a cinema at all. On the flip side the resturants in town just keep getting better, visit Maro's, Crazy Lobster, and right accross the street from Crazy Lobster is the most delicious Italian resturant.... although the name escapes me right now, with the nicest service you've ever had! Every single thing on the menu (even pizzas) is delicious... we ate there two nights in a row!

Kathi L.
Apr 13, 2011

I agree 100% with your comments. They are selling $70 to $90 million in new timeshares each year and not keeping up with the infrastructure to support it. We were showed the Ladera homes on our visit this spring and they are great, but more real estate and no golf course, grocery store, etc. The place is truly becoming an ant farm and its really too bad. If you want a more wide open development, and there is always risk, try Diamante over the mountain to the north. Amazing world class golf course!!!!

Gregory H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.