General Discussion

Is it 7 nights or six nights .... ?

Jan 06, 2011

I just posted a new listing for my one-week time share at the Westin St. John. I wrote that it was for six nights (arrive Saturday, depart Saturday). When I was viewing other people's descriptions of their weeks, they listed seven nights for a one week period. Obviously, my "six" night fee computation looks like its considerably more expensive. What is the protocol?

Michaeline C.
Jan 07, 2011

7 NIGHTS is correct. Lets see, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur,Fri = 7 NIGHTS. DAYS is the question, if your check-in is 4pm Sat and your check-out is the following Sat morning, you didn't really get a full 24 HOURS for Sat. Some would call it 8 DAYS since it actually includes a portion of 2 different Saturdays. I would think counting nights is clear. In contracts with customers i reference CHECK-IN DATE and how many NIGHTS. If mentioning the final date emphisize CHECKING-OUT & TIME so there is no misunderstanding that they have the rental for anything more than that final morning. I hope this is helpful to you.

James E.
Jan 07, 2011

michaelinec wrote:
I just posted a new listing for my one-week time share at the Westin St. John. I wrote that it was for six nights (arrive Saturday, depart Saturday).

Arriving on Saturday and departing the following Saturday is clearly and precisely SEVEN nights of lodging --- not six.

As already pointed out above, the two Saturday DAYS are not "whole" days of "occupancy", since one usually cannot check-in much before about 3 p.m. on the arrival day, and you must check out by 10 a.m. or so on the departure day, but it's still 7 nights of lodging, no matter how you choose to see it or dissect it.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 16, 2022 06:10 AM

Jan 15, 2022

7 because on the 7th day if you go to bed before 12 you are good

Gabriel M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.