Timeshare Companies

Cityresorts.net

Apr 07, 2011

Has anyone heard of cityresorts.net ? They are based out of Las Vegas,NV. They claim to not require any upfront fees and will even try to get back our upfront fees previously paid to one of those resale scam companies. They claim to have a ready buyer for our unit but the offer is way over mkt price. That right there makes me very wary. Anyone heard of them Cityresorts.net ?

thanks, briana116

Brian A.
Apr 07, 2011

briana116 wrote:
Has anyone heard of cityresorts.net ? They are based out of Las Vegas,NV. They claim to have a ready buyer for our unit but the offer is way over mkt price. That right there makes me very wary.

You are wise to be wary. Those are 2 trademarks of a typical scam. They tell you that they have a buyer and they tell you that they can sell or rent out your property for far above market value.

If you value your money, do not deal with these people!

Lance C.
Apr 08, 2011

briana116 wrote:
Has anyone heard of cityresorts.net ? They are based out of Las Vegas,NV. They claim to not require any upfront fees and will even try to get back our upfront fees previously paid to one of those resale scam companies. They claim to have a ready buyer for our unit but the offer is way over mkt price. That right there makes me very wary. Anyone heard of them Cityresorts.net ? thanks, briana116

Bottom line, never ever pay a large upfront fee to any timeshare resale company no matter what they PROMISE .... all they want is your upfront fee and then you're history to them.

BTW, they have NO buyer.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 08, 2011 09:41 AM

May 11, 2011

briana I just and am goin through the same thing with city resorts! I really not sure what to due? have you found out any more info on them? thx barry or if you have any dirt on them please call me if you would 215-520-8144

Barry G.
May 11, 2011

barryg111 wrote:
briana I just and am goin through the same thing with city resorts! I really not sure what to due? have you found out any more info on them? thx barry or if you have any dirt on them please call me if you would 215-520-8144

Did you give them a large upfront fee? If so, you've been scammed.

R P.
May 11, 2011

cityresorts.net is a brand new site .... copyright 2011 .... caveat emptor.

R P.
Jun 09, 2011

I have been dumb enough to pay 2 upfront fees, 1 to TWA(Timeshare Worldwide Assoc.) for $1398 and 1 to TSBO(time shares by owner) for $799. So when City Resorts called and wanted $2150 I finally started doing research. Thank you for this website!! If it sounds too good to be true,THEN IT IS!!! Can anyone help me get my money back?

Kathy P.

Last edited by kathyp297 on Jun 09, 2011 05:25 PM

Jun 10, 2011

kathyp297 wrote:
Can anyone help me get my money back?

Your best bet is to contact the state Attorney-General where the scam artist is located. Complaints can easily be filed on-line.

Lance C.
Jul 01, 2011

Another scam with huge up front fees. They claim what they send you by FAX is a real estate contract. The form is not legal except for the right to advertise. DO NOT SENT 5cents to these scammers.

Sally S.
Jul 14, 2011

I got hit by them for$2,640 up front. Do you know of any recourse?

Merton A.
Jul 14, 2011

mertona wrote:
I got hit by them for$2,640 up front. Do you know of any recourse?

Contact the Attorney-General of the state where this scam clown is located. Check the pinned thread in the Buying, Renting, Selling forum about reporting upfront fee scammers. There you can find info how to file a complaint on-line.

Lance C.
Jul 21, 2011

Brianna: How did you find the information to report this scam. I also have been scammed. How did you get the address or phone number for the Attorney General of Nevada. Could you email me? Elizabeth fereese@yahoo.com. Thanks

F E.
Jul 22, 2011

fe17 wrote:
Brianna: How did you find the information to report this scam. I also have been scammed. How did you get the address or phone number for the Attorney General of Nevada. Could you email me? Elizabeth fereese@yahoo.com. Thanks

http://www.ag.state.nv.us/complaints/complaints.htm

R P.
Aug 10, 2011

I just got hit for 3100.00 not sure where to go.

Ray C.
Aug 11, 2011

rayc145 wrote:

Why oh why oh why didn't you research that company on the internet before handing over $3100.00 to a complete stranger? The only recourse you have is to report the scam company to the url listed above your post (attorney general of NV).

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 11, 2011 07:44 AM

Aug 11, 2011

rayc145 wrote:

One more thing, you say you JUST got hit for $3100.00 .... contact your credit card company with a scam complaint and hopefully they'll take that charge off.

R P.
Aug 12, 2011

lancec13 wrote:
kathyp297 wrote:
Can anyone help me get my money back?

Your best bet is to contact the state Attorney-General where the scam artist is located. Complaints can easily be filed on-line.

Carmelo A.
Aug 16, 2011

On 05/2/11 I was contacted by Ms. Sullivan of City Resorts stating that they have a Buyer for my TimeShare unit. I was told a closing fee is $3,800.00 and unit is sold for $46,000.00. On 05/13/11 Ms. Jones contacted me saying that Buyer gave City Resorts the check, but my RCI points needs an additional $1,250.00. I sent two Cashier's Checks to them. One week after I sent the money their phone lines were busy and no one returned my calls. I report this to the Better Business Bureau who stated that City resorts did not reply to their inquiry. They are a SCAM. i LOST $5,050.00

Ingrid A.
Aug 17, 2011

ingrida16 wrote:
On 05/2/11 I was contacted by Ms. Sullivan of City Resorts stating that they have a Buyer for my TimeShare unit. I was told a closing fee is $3,800.00 and unit is sold for $46,000.00. On 05/13/11 Ms. Jones contacted me saying that Buyer gave City Resorts the check, but my RCI points needs an additional $1,250.00. I sent two Cashier's Checks to them. One week after I sent the money their phone lines were busy and no one returned my calls. I report this to the Better Business Bureau who stated that City resorts did not reply to their inquiry. They are a SCAM. i LOST $5,050.00

You would have been better off to have reported them to the attorney general in the state the scammers are located.

Why in the world would you send thousands of dollars to a company you've never heard of that cold calls you out of the blue. There's no timeshare on earth that will sell for $46K in this economy .... that amount should have raised a huge red flag in your head .... all they wanted was your 5K+.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.